[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Thank you for your patience!

An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

13468914

Comments

  • Except there are advantages of leaving the Outlaw in. If it turns into a pvp server and we start to do world bams I will grief people by resetting their bams over and over until they give up. Now if we had an outlaw system for pvp them crying wouldn't be an issue. And this WILL happen if not by me, then many many others.

    Also for rally i don't care for whoever does the most dps gets rewarded the most, if i was there for the event then i deserve the same rewards as the others. Now if outlaw was a thing again, we could pvp contest the rally bosses and it would be fun.

    The fact that you say pvp isn't fun is so dismissive that we don't have any pvp content at the time. Thats because we do not have rally.. world bosses... gvgs...... ect ect. You can't say that we have no pvp do away with it when we have no pvp content to have fun with at this time.

    Merge an extra pve server into the pvp servers pls~
    Literally if VoT/LoT/HW can merge into FF on pc then why can't we do the same? Fey Forest wasn't even that bad, people were happy there and they had a larger community that wasn't overwhelming to play with.
  • If you read what i posted, I said we don't have any pvp content. If we give up our voice we will never have any pvp content and many of us will quit and you will be stuck with the pve hero cry babies... thats how it is on pc.. thats how it seems to be here.

    And also you're wrong, people do want to move from other servers to Nyx; Ovolith for example have repeatedly told me they would love to come to our server.

    Now your idea about making pvp areas and events is good, much like i suggested- PvP at rally, world bosses when ele ess drops, and VO. If you are too focused on the population you lose what we are fighting for all together. I'm not giving up PvP. I want my friends who did PvP to come back to the game and play again. And that will not happen if the pvp system is gone.
  • Sorry I play on Ovolith and I don't want pvp forced on me I did that in a different game in open world including towns for 8 years. I chose ovolith because it had some friends and it was pve so I felt relaxed and could go at my own pace, No need to call pve players cry babies...This should be a friendly discussion without being toxic. I don't mind starting over in a pve server but I will not without the items I have spent money on I will get a refund and find a new game unless they will refund my items on the new pve server. That's my two cents and I'll not comment more.
  • Well all of your #1 guild wants to be on Nyx @VoodooRose
  • BaratosBaratos ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Better to have a sure deal than possibilities of things to come in the future and miss this opportunity. I would rather a total merger and figure out what pvp things to occur in the future. The likelyhood they will isn't very high in the near future, but what we need more than possible pvp is an actual population to play this game.
  • Well all of your #1 guild wants to be on Nyx @VoodooRose

    And who is that? Log Horizon? Current "#1" guild on Ovolith. You probably mean Athens, but guess what? They consist of 46 -characters- and who knows how many actual players. 10? The main group is 5 anyway. Big sample there.

    If people wanted to join a pvp server, we would have from the start.
  • IGN: Dark.Shadow, GM of Knights of Tera, NA/Nyxarras

    As mostly only a pve player on the Nyx pvp server, I would say if you watch a typical day in tera for me as a pve player would not be able to tell the difference from a pve server, people duel in highwatch, that about the only pvp i ever see outside of BG's. PVE players like me are easily able to avoid any of the small difference between a pve and pvp server, it is a non issue. The ideas proposed in the letter add even more limits to the pvp in order to solve a bigger issue of the population size, as a pve player the population concerns me, especially when HH ever comes to console. A system that requires players to opt in to any pvp, means pve players won't even have a difference in their experience, some may try it for a bit and switch it back off, pvp players have the same option, everyone gets a choice in their experience and the biggest benefit is we can bring the community closer together as one server to help it thrive and fight off low populations that kill other mmo games.
  • Katalina wrote: »
    Well all of your #1 guild wants to be on Nyx @VoodooRose

    And who is that? Log Horizon? Current "#1" guild on Ovolith. You probably mean Athens, but guess what? They consist of 46 -characters- and who knows how many actual players. 10? The main group is 5 anyway. Big sample there.

    If people wanted to join a pvp server, we would have from the start.

    LOL so you come to this post to start a flame war ? because if that's what you want we can easily get the mods/stafdf to come in this thread to fix this issue you have.
  • xKingXero wrote: »
    Katalina wrote: »
    Well all of your #1 guild wants to be on Nyx @VoodooRose

    And who is that? Log Horizon? Current "#1" guild on Ovolith. You probably mean Athens, but guess what? They consist of 46 -characters- and who knows how many actual players. 10? The main group is 5 anyway. Big sample there.

    If people wanted to join a pvp server, we would have from the start.

    LOL so you come to this post to start a flame war ? because if that's what you want we can easily get the mods/stafdf to come in this thread to fix this issue you have.

    Not at all. However, you act as though you speak for Ovolith. You don't. Even if the "#1 guild on Ovolith" did want to, they still aren't the whole server. People chose servers based on what they wanted. The majority (of any server) aren't suddenly going to want to go pvp or vice versa. Deal with it.

    *Note: I don't care about this discussion per se. I just don't want people thinking someone speaks for an entire server when they clearly don't.
  • I suggest a full on servers wide vote and we'll see how many ppl on ovo would even be for it, i have a feeling you'll be shocked.

    And i'll have you know I speak for everyone on NA and EU both platforms :^)
  • Katalina wrote: »
    xKingXero wrote: »
    Katalina wrote: »
    Well all of your #1 guild wants to be on Nyx @VoodooRose

    And who is that? Log Horizon? Current "#1" guild on Ovolith. You probably mean Athens, but guess what? They consist of 46 -characters- and who knows how many actual players. 10? The main group is 5 anyway. Big sample there.

    If people wanted to join a pvp server, we would have from the start.

    LOL so you come to this post to start a flame war ? because if that's what you want we can easily get the mods/stafdf to come in this thread to fix this issue you have.

    Not at all. However, you act as though you speak for Ovolith. You don't. Even if the "#1 guild on Ovolith" did want to, they still aren't the whole server. People chose servers based on what they wanted. The majority (of any server) aren't suddenly going to want to go pvp or vice versa. Deal with it.

    *Note: I don't care about this discussion per se. I just don't want people thinking someone speaks for an entire server when they clearly don't.

    I mean we can go into HW and go into area chat and we can ask the people of ovolith if you want and i'm sure 99% of the server will agree with me Ariielle over you
  • I suggest a full on servers wide vote and we'll see how many ppl on ovo would even be for it, i have a feeling you'll be shocked.

    And i'll have you know I speak for everyone on NA and EU both platforms :^)

    You need to realize comments like that lose all credibility in your argument, nobody speaks for everyone, we can only hope enough people see the benefit of a change to their proposed merger like this describes. I want the population to survive, please don't make everyone on the side of it seem emotionless and unreasonable, we have to be able to comprise, otherwise all the pvp server are going to get is the other pvp server as a merger.
  • WR7XC4777N wrote: »
    I suggest a full on servers wide vote and we'll see how many ppl on ovo would even be for it, i have a feeling you'll be shocked.

    And i'll have you know I speak for everyone on NA and EU both platforms :^)

    You need to realize comments like that lose all credibility in your argument, nobody speaks for everyone, we can only hope enough people see the benefit of a change to their proposed merger like this describes. I want the population to survive, please don't make everyone on the side of it seem emotionless and unreasonable, we have to be able to comprise, otherwise all the pvp server are going to get is the other pvp server as a merger.

    you should prob be responding to kata then because she/he/they are trying to start stuff.
This discussion has been closed.