The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

The aftermath of xigncode3

Comments

• UdonPastaUdonPasta ✭✭
    edited July 31
    I find the steam chart becomming a not very reliable source for player count, the game always has up and downs, old players leave and new players come, but the problem here at some point is a lot of those old and new players also come from EU (or other zone that wont let you install NA tera) so if an old EU player who installed the game when it came to steam leaves the count will stand as - 1 player but it will never count the new player from EU that joined since they can not install it on steam .
    not defending XIGNCODE3 or anything since it kind of messes up my game here and there too, but i stoped caring after the ping of the game went from 120ish to 300 few years back.
  • edited July 31
    This thread originally started out as speculating if Xigncode had an impact on player base, and thus forced our hand to merge servers, but has turned into a giant discussion about general frustrations with the game.

To respond to the original thread, to me, it seems like you are wanting questions answered about the server merge, such as why are we doing it, what does it look like for us, does it speak to the health/state of the game, et cetera. I've taken some of your questions and will make sure to pass them along to be included in our own news post that will be released soon.

Outside of server merges, I've noted @DL7MMWLJ3W's grievances that a few of you have acknowledged as an accurate portrayal of how you feel about the game.

EME wants the best in TERA for all of you. We can't make everyone happy, but we certainly try. Thank you for keeping this thread fairly civil. As long as it remains that way, it will remain open and free for further discussion.

Thanks!
  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    This thread originally started out as speculating if Xigncode had an impact on player base, and thus forced our hand to merge servers, but has turned into a giant discussion about general frustrations with the game.

To respond to the original thread, to me, it seems like you are wanting questions answered about the server merge, such as why are we doing it, what does it look like for us, does it speak to the health/state of the game, et cetera. I've taken some of your questions and will make sure to pass them along to be included in our own news post that will be released soon (better if you can say the time frame, like a couple weeks).

Outside of server merges, I've noted @DL7MMWLJ3W's grievances that a few of you have acknowledged as an accurate portrayal of how you feel about the game.

EME wants the best in TERA for all of you. We can't make everyone happy, but we certainly try. Thank you for keeping this thread fairly civil. As long as it remains that way, it will remain open and free for further discussion.

Thanks!

kitteacup there is one question that ppl asking for months now. there will be someway to get golden/silver talent in high end dungeons? because there is a problem with them you really cant obtain them when you doing pve. but no one really answer us from eme,the best solution is to add golden/silver talent boxes to vanguard shop for cost like 200 vanguard and gives like 20 or 30.
    please if you can answer on it Thanks!.
  • sonic101mk2sonic101mk2 ✭✭
    edited July 31
    I can tell you why I left.
    I've been around since the closed beta's, there was a lot of promises that never happened.
    Eventually instead of getting the content we were promised, they just started removing things rather than fixing them, only to throw random things in to replace them. Eventually, the good community admins left, you stopped seeing them in game, fun little events stopped happening. then the cash shop converted to a points system that makes you pay for more points than you need, or just under what you need so you have to through more cash. Communication from eme to the players slowly decreased. Over time none of the big issues like optimization were ever addressed. Rather than tackle things people kept asking to get fixed they'd just do random crap.

players "man this game is fun, glad it's pay to play, cuts down on the number or hackers and bots a bit, and i know my money is going to maintaining good servers and service, these in game admins really seem to care about the game"
    eme/bhs "lol we're going free to play, check out our cash shop bro"
    players "wtf? did my ping just jump 220ms?"

Players "Can we have vanarch fixed so people stop trading wins to stay in power? Maybe just give each guild term limits?"
    eme/Bhs " yeah sure we can remove vanarch"
    Players "dafaq?"

Players " can we optimize open world pvp just a little?
    Eme/BHS " sure bruh we can remove it entirely."
    players " um...what?"

Players " hey can we clarify some of the game lore please? Maybe fix the really unbalanced exp and optimize the leveling experience a bit?
    Eme/Bhs " yeah sure, we can absolutely cut out massive chunks of quests instead of balance the rewards, or cut down on the amount of items you need to grab for fetch quests, leave you with storyline that makes no sense at all so that you'll ignore it completely, and render most of the over world a barren wasteland.
    Players" okay I don't think you understood what we meant..."

Players "fix the lag".
    eme/bhs " lol no"
    players " fix it"

Players " when are we getting the guild housing you promised?"
    eme/bhs " here have sky castles... whoops sike, weren't those fun for the 5% of you that had them like 4 months?"
    players "well... at least we got a new class coming.....seriously it's race locked?"

Players " guys we're getting kind of tired of you just recycling old dungeons every few months and stapling new names on the same gear for us to grind, can we spice this up a bit, end game is kinda dull"
    eme/bhs "sure, craft everything. btw we totally made getting mats stupidly annoying, you will now have to grind the same dungeons more."
    players" -.-"

Players "oh hey I actually like these new skills I'm actually kind of enjoying playing agai---
    eme/bhs "Ninja xigncode lol"

Me" ffs...wtf is this blue screen?....what do you mean no boot device detected? son of a...."

Yeah, so after 6 years of playing, constantly having content removed instead of improved, no communication, no optimization, sneaking in crappy useless anticheats which upon my first attempt to load the game caused a bsod that somehow destroyed my ssd, which i had to replace and reinstall windows. I'm very reluctant to return to the game and have not since the xigncode patch. Now i see the server population has dropped and there will be server mergers. That right makes me extremely reluctant knowing that my 13 or 14 toons are now going to be renamed, and since i don't want to risk messing up anything I might have purchased should i decide to come back at some point I'm reluctant to spend any cash on this game. I see a lot of reasons to not. I see a company hemorrhaging players and staff, and not communicating. More and more pay to win stuff getting shoved in our faces and less and less content updates. Give me one good reason to come back because honestly I really would like one. I did enjoy this game for most of the 6 years I played.
  • IxWolfieIxWolfie Mystel (EU). Because EME lost all of my respect.
    CornishRex wrote: »
    I remember at least 3 mega threads about vanguard nerfs and people opposing it. Wasn't changed back.
    As someone above me said, I personally feel like a lot of this is something that EME just doesn't have control over. While they do run this game, I feel like BHS still kind of says "This is happening, and that's really about it" - EME is a sister company to BHS, while GF is not. It's listed as such on BHS' website. On Bluehole's alliance page, EME is listed but Gameforge is not... Which is why I feel the way I do about EME not being able to do X or Y because of BHS saying they can't.
    I remember at least 2 mega threads about the lack of golden/silver talents with A LOT of great suggestions on how to balance mats better and add them to actual endgame content. No response.
    Above. Also, I never meant to say that what EME is doing isn't good, and that what players are doing doesn't speak about EME as well... I was meaning to say that I feel like the negativity is just making it harder for newer members to see a point to play. There's a lot of reasons I still recommend people play this game, just not "competitively".
    The community made their own server status page because eme doesn't have theirs for like half a year now. Still. Not. Fixed.
    I cannot defend this, and as much as I'd like to come up with a logical reasoning as to why they couldn't have this... I can't. It's lazy, and I think it's just something that really lets down a lot of people who may still care about this community. iirc Closers has one, as well as a dev roadmap (I don't play closers), and more. It's just laziness, in my eyes; I'll agree with you there. I can't really say anything to back them up in that regard, nor do I really want to.

---

I don't mean to beckon to the crowd of people who already dislike EME. Hell, I'm not happy with what EME does for the most part; but I want to hope somewhere that they're just being pushed to lay their hand exactly as their father company wants them to... There are a lot of things that I'd like to say that I enjoy, and the summer event is one of them; but it was such a let down that I don't even care about it. Seeing the rewards, and seeing the lack of people there versus last year just made me not care to even do the quests.

---

Quoting some more of what was said above me:
    Xerses wrote: »
    Not sure if this is troll or not but this move would be detrimental to what's left of the game. Even though the current state EME put this game in is not healthy or very wise I still do not want to see the game die. This would be the permadeath of tera

Absolutely, and I agree. I might not use the program required to bypass, but I know a lot of top players who do. I'm not talking like, 10-20% of the playerbase; I'm talking upwards of 50% or more. If they were to ban everyone who's ever bypassed xigncode, they'd be literally nailing the top of the coffin...

---

@KitTeaCup If I can be honest, I'm sure a lot of people would want one major thing that just isn't really noted in that list. People want a community manager who speaks with the community as openly and freely as they can possibly manage. Spacecats did this, he would answer questions during his streams and in the community as if he were just giving his input, which is what I'm sure a lot of people want to see more of; On top of that acknowledgement making an impactful change. Listening to someone only goes so far, but actually doing something with what people say is what we want. I'm glad that you of all people replied to this thread, but people want to see action, they want to see that their opinions are being listened to, and they want to see change. Being listened to is something that, in the two years I've been playing/lurking/etc. TERA, has been lacking significantly. Things that people want are swept under the table, people are hushed because their opinions differed... It's been everywhere. It's also been previously mentioned in comments that I don't really believe I need to reiterate... We all hear "we're taking your opinions", and "we're listening!", but I'm sure everyone wants to see some action behind those words.

You request that people remain civil; but as I've ever seen from my past experiences managing communities - Keeping people civil and speaking with the community go hand-in-hand. Official word does a lot of good, but also ensuring that the community believes that you (as a company) are also doing your absolute best is another. You mentioned someone who wrote a 30 point list on what's wrong subjectively with TERA, to quote something he said as it's basically what I've been saying;
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    22. Bluehole showing no care about feedbacks on here and it really hits me when I see a person spending hours on their post for positive feedback only to be disappointed that nothing ever happens.

tl;dr? People want to be listened to, and they want their opinions to have any sort of impact at all; and the times where I've seen flaming, roasting, etc. is when people felt "discriminated" against (for the lack of a better word... not to mention the trolls). Saying "we're listening" is really only going to keep the community calm for so long before they start losing even more hope.
  • dragonmu12dragonmu12 Israel ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    dragonmu12 wrote: »

To respond to the original thread, to me, it seems like you are wanting questions answered about the server merge, such as why are we doing it, what does it look like for us, does it speak to the health/state of the game, et cetera. I've taken some of your questions and will make sure to pass them along to be included in our own news post that will be released soon (better if you can say the time frame, like a couple weeks).

Thanks!

kitteacup there is one question that ppl asking for months now. there will be someway to get golden/silver talent in high end dungeons? because there is a problem with them you really cant obtain them when you doing pve. but no one really answer us from eme,the best solution is to add golden/silver talent boxes to vanguard shop for cost like 200 vanguard and gives like 20 or 30.
    please if you can answer on it Thanks!.

Your real petition would be to remove entropy boxes and put in their stead a golden talent box and a silver talent box.

yep exactly.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably just speculation but I’m bring it up to ask other players on their opinion.

I find it really perfect timing that after the installation of xigncode3 that many players did not want installed. Which probably caused the drop in players in the last two months, which you can see on steam charts. I believe that xigncode3 is responsible for our upcoming server merge because of the sharp drop in player numbers. I am on TR and Highwatch and Velika is no longer high on channel population. What do you think? Is the timing of server merge concidenal or did xigncode3 cause it?

our tera dying before xigncode, at best it is like if you shoot a bullet on a death horse with xigncode
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    my hope for this game just died cause there no change how many threads of complaints will it take 95% of threads on this forums is complaints after complaints well will change come 2090 anyways let see what happens after the merge my time spent on this game is slowly decreasing and so are other players the last time i had fun in this game was for the 6th anniversary after that is like Armageddon took place in tera. I wonder if Eme has notice a drop in sales I wonder. Eme your player base is not happy continue down this road and smell a funeral. when awakening comes we will see some life in tera again then back to death bed status when there should be life 24/7 i'm packing up slowly i still love this game very much but is so much one can take. this forums is feels like place to submit tickets right now cause that's all i'm seeing tickets every where. a simple thing as a server status page you can't fix and why you all went to console for what purpose tera pc in more hot water since tera console came into the mix. is better we stop talk cause they not listening people they not listening.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!

was true in 2014, but today we dont really feel it, but anyway maybe you have less tool today than in 2014 and you are less experienced than tonka or minea

and i must admit than bhs doesnt really help you
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31
    I agree. I think the staff who works with Tera at EME have been downsized over the years so they can focus on other projects like Kritika. One of the big speculations is that EME can't do anything about Tera unless BHS allows them too. It would be nice to know what sort of tools or powers EME has and what changes they're allowed to make. That way we as a community would know for certain who we can hold accountable for negligence and incompetence. I'm not defending EME, but if they can't do anything they should just say "yeaaa we can't do that but we can suggest it to our superiors blah blah blah" which I'm sure they have in the past from time to time. But things like XC I know for sure is a BHS thing, I can pretty much guarantee if EME had power we wouldn't have XC.

Ultimately, knowing who to "blame" shouldn't really change anything, though.

Let's say on the one hand you find out that every decision is centrally-managed by BHS and EME is literally powerless to do anything but what they're told. Are you then going to be nicer to the EME guys because you know it's not their fault? (Was there ever any reason to be mad at them to begin with, then?) Or let's say on the other hand you find out that, actually, every decision is 100% within EME's control; they have the power to do anything they want, but choose to stick mostly with what BHS wants because they agree with them. Then what? Are you going to start hating on EME even more because you know they have the power to do things and are not? And in that case, is directing this added hate towards them going to make them any more likely to actually change things (or more likely to just ignore you)?

We are really not in any sort of position to hold anyone "accountable" here. Employees are accountable to their bosses. Companies are accountable to their shareholders. As consumers, our choice is simply: to consume or not. Companies have a vested interest in listening to their customers, but that's not the same as being accountable to them. Companies are at best benevolent dictatorships, not democracies.

Since we can't hold people accountable anyway, we kind of have to move past the "who's at fault" question and just stay focused on "here are the problems" -- with concrete, fact-based, logical arguments and constructive suggestions about what should be done. (Even if it doesn't always work.) Regardless of who makes the decision, the community team's job is to relay customer feedback, and that is a big part of what the Player Council does as well. Relaying the feedback clearly is all we can do. Holding people "accountable" is something only EME and BHS can do, and they'll do it not based on player sentiment, but based on the actual results (things like player count and revenue -- signs that consumers are not consuming).
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31
    I agree. I think the staff who works with Tera at EME have been downsized over the years so they can focus on other projects like Kritika. One of the big speculations is that EME can't do anything about Tera unless BHS allows them too. It would be nice to know what sort of tools or powers EME has and what changes they're allowed to make. That way we as a community would know for certain who we can hold accountable for negligence and incompetence. I'm not defending EME, but if they can't do anything they should just say "yeaaa we can't do that but we can suggest it to our superiors blah blah blah" which I'm sure they have in the past from time to time. But things like XC I know for sure is a BHS thing, I can pretty much guarantee if EME had power we wouldn't have XC.

We are really not in any sort of position to hold anyone "accountable" here.

Then my wallet is no longer in any sort of position to invest in this company.

Although spending money on a game doesn't make you an investor, you are right. That is the ultimate responsibility of the consumer: to stop patronizing businesses that don't meet their needs and to ideally let them know why that is so they have a chance to change. It's obvious to everyone that unhappy customers spend less (or not at all), and that's why they have a vested interest in making consumers happy. (Balanced with the realization that short-term gains don't always lead to long-term success.) But, my point was that it's just not the same as "accountability". Stopping to spend money (and even time) isn't holding them accountable, it's holding yourself accountable that your actions match your words.
This discussion has been closed.