[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How to play with that ping??

C'mon guys. im from brazil..

I started playing the game a month ago.. but its really IMPOSSIBLE to play with that ping. I have 100mb fiber internet !! If i want to play with "good" ping (180), i have to play untill 6 pm. After that i get almost stucked with 2 seconds delay in everything i do (315ms). Open inventory = 2secs delay, skills = 2secs delay. I tried proxy, and still the same. That's ridiculous!! How EME want players if the server can't handle most SA players??? me and my friends are stopping playing the game untill some solution. If dont have solution, its okay, we can move to another game, no problem.

Comments

• DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    79TJCDKLMD wrote: »
    If i want to play with "good" ping (180), i have to play untill 6 pm. After that i get almost stucked with 2 seconds delay in everything i do (315ms).
    That's an ISP issue. Sounds like your internet gets crowded during busy times at night when people are at home that causes jammed up with traffic that can affect your speed and ping. Internet Rush Hour, look it up, it's very common. I used to have an old ISP that would do that every night until I switched ISP. I was lucky that this ISP has fewer subscribers and my ping ended up being much faster than my old one and I don't experience slowdowns at night either.
    me and my friends are stopping playing the game untill some solution. If dont have solution, its okay, we can move to another game, no problem.
    Then leave. You think some minor threat by you and your so-called friends are going to fix the game where the playerbase have already dropped at astronomical levels? Leave, and play another game where you will continue to experience it due to your location and your ISP's internet traffic. Just because you have fiber internet doesn't mean it'll affect your ping anyways.
  • Hahaha switch ISP just to play tera? a single game?? LMAO c'mon, i used to play A LOT of MMO games, some with NA servers, but with 315 MS?!?! SMH. I think some minor threat could help EME to improve, as i know, they are reading the posts. If they're going to do some solution? i don't know, whatever. They've lost playerbase just because they don't improve ;) best regards.
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    If i want to play with "good" ping (180), i have to play untill 6 pm. After that i get almost stucked with 2 seconds delay in everything i do (315ms).
    That's an ISP issue. Sounds like your internet gets crowded during busy times at night when people are at home that causes jammed up with traffic that can affect your speed and ping. Internet Rush Hour, look it up, it's very common. I used to have an old ISP that would do that every night until I switched ISP. I was lucky that this ISP has fewer subscribers and my ping ended up being much faster than my old one and I don't experience slowdowns at night either.
    me and my friends are stopping playing the game untill some solution. If dont have solution, its okay, we can move to another game, no problem.
    Then leave. You think some minor threat by you and your so-called friends are going to fix the game where the playerbase have already dropped at astronomical levels? Leave, and play another game where you will continue to experience it due to your location and your ISP's internet traffic. Just because you have fiber internet doesn't mean it'll affect your ping anyways.

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    You think EME would/can fix anything?

That's cute

Ping spikes are apart of the game...get good at playing at high ping or leave...we won't miss you or your kind at all
  • Realistically, the amount they can do to fix ping spikes for people in Brazil is almost nothing. The problem is probably either at the ISP in Brazil, or in the connection between Brazil and the United States. EME can't call up any of these guys and be like "hey, could you fix this?" They are just a minor/niche game publisher. And besides, the Internet wasn't designed for global low-latency; the "right answer" is that a publisher in Brazil should pick up TERA, but that's unlikely to happen now.

It really sucks, but TERA is a very latency-sensitive game working on an infrastructure that is not very latency-conscious. The only real workaround if your route to the server is affected is to try to find a VPN that bypasses the problem for you.
  • LuniackLuniack Velika Outskirts ✭✭✭
    Brazil network is a crap, I alive in Brazil too and getting some issues for a few days ago ( 158 ms to 500 ms ) my normal latency are 150 to 160 ms, my ISP saids ( u getting high ping prob their route is wrong ) ooof
    Eme can't do anything outside USA.
  • 180-315 is normal from most people in SA. I live in Chile and is the same.
    There only real solution would be for a Server to be located near your area. Which wont happen. Ever. For any game.
    So, quit whining. Its unbecoming.
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Even 180 is very high, so your best case scenarion it still terrible. Move to NA, preferably to seattle or find different game to play lol.

Eme has absolutely no way of fixing your ping, best you could do is call your isp and ask if they can redirect traffic to improve your ping. But even that wont do much if it's so high to begin with. You picked wrong game to play my friend.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    WOW since I started playing TERA first was on EU had like 500 ping. Then transferred to NA 300 ping and I got used to it now. People who complain about 300 ping really makes me cry because its been my whole tera life. :anguished:
  • edited August 2018
    The solution to your problem is simple, just do what the other players did was play in other games, they did what the EME did not do for example:
    WoW, Guild Wars 2, C9, BnS, your ping will certainly be high, but stable you can play at any time, Tera was already like this, but today it is not anymore.
    Not only for Brazil, but also for Europe, as you can see here in this topic: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/27636/ping-higher-then-usual/p1
    Or you do not play in prime time. Do not expect the EME to do anything. The servers are empty and to this day the EME does not know why.
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    It's been almost a year now that NA Tera got terrible routing to some SA/Brazil ISP.
    Imo just play another game, EME/BHS doesn't even care to retain their NA playerbase nowadays ;)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    XAMNEWPLYF wrote: »
    The solution to your problem is simple, just do what the other players did was play in other games, they did what the EME did not do for example:
    WoW, Guild Wars 2, C9, BnS, your ping will certainly be high, but stable you can play at any time, Tera was already like this, but today it is not anymore.
    Not only for Brazil, but also for Europe, as you can see here in this topic: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/27636/ping-higher-then-usual/p1
    Or you do not play in prime time. Do not expect the EME to do anything. The servers are empty and to this day the EME does not know why.

None of those games gives you stable ping, and I can tell because at least from them I have WoW and BnS, and from experience from many on-line games (FPS, TRS, MOBAs, MMORPGs, Fighting Games, etc) there is not a single game that offers you that stable ping and hasnt give issues to people who lives far from the servers, and even if they live at a fair distance players can get screwed by traffic and routing issues.
  • That 200+ Australian ping feel.
  • edited August 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    XAMNEWPLYF wrote: »

None of those games gives you stable ping, and I can tell because at least from them I have WoW and BnS, and from experience from many on-line games (FPS, TRS, MOBAs, MMORPGs, Fighting Games, etc) there is not a single game that offers you that stable ping and hasnt give issues to people who lives far from the servers, and even if they live at a fair distance players can get screwed by traffic and routing issues.

It's just different for each game. If you go on the forums for these games, you'll always find people with routing problems, and almost always it's "I'm not having a problem with <list of other games> it's just this one" -- because, for them, it is. So the person who has routing problems with TERA might not have it with BnS. Meanwhile, the person who has problems with FFXIV may not have it with TERA, and on and on. It all depends on your ISP and the route you're taking to get to the server. Sometimes you get a region-wide issue that impacts everyone, or an ISP-wide issue like there sometimes is in the U.S. with Comcast. But normally, no.

If people want to play the "what could EME do about it" game, it's basically this:

1. They can try to move the servers to somewhere else, but most of the time you're just trading one set of routing problems for another because US infrastructure is bad throughout, and no matter where you go some people will hit overcrowded nodes. There's no single magic spot. (Particularly if it's bad during Brazilian prime-time, the local ISP is probably involved too.)

2. They can try to setup a new set of servers in a second location to give people a choice of servers, but for a niche game like TERA that's not going to happen. (There aren't enough people to split the playerbase in two.) This is about as likely as a Brazilian publisher picking up TERA now -- read: not at all likely.

3. They can try to call their service provider and tell them that people in Brazil on certain ISPs are having bad ping. That'll do about the same amount of good as if you or I called our ISP and made the same complaint about our connection to some other country, and that's to say: not much good.

This whole thing is basically why Gaming VPNs are a thing: if ping matters, you have to have more control over your route than your ISP gives you by default, and the service providers are pretty much not going to do anything about it. (That's why other web services that depend on high-speed and reliability worldwide use a CDN with lots of points of presence all over the world, but that obviously can't work for an MMO.)
  • afaict the main problem with SA->tera routes is that they're all routed through one very very busy datacenter, so during busy hours the hardware in that datacenter gets bogged down and your ping shoots up. nothing EME can do about it, because there aren't really other options for routing from south america for a company of their size.