[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes
[TERA PC] Server maintenance is scheduled for 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. PT on Tuesday, July 7. For details, please visit this thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

The aftermath of xigncode3

12467

Comments

  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    This thread originally started out as speculating if Xigncode had an impact on player base, and thus forced our hand to merge servers, but has turned into a giant discussion about general frustrations with the game.

    To respond to the original thread, to me, it seems like you are wanting questions answered about the server merge, such as why are we doing it, what does it look like for us, does it speak to the health/state of the game, et cetera. I've taken some of your questions and will make sure to pass them along to be included in our own news post that will be released soon.

    Outside of server merges, I've noted @DL7MMWLJ3W's grievances that a few of you have acknowledged as an accurate portrayal of how you feel about the game.

    EME wants the best in TERA for all of you. We can't make everyone happy, but we certainly try. Thank you for keeping this thread fairly civil. As long as it remains that way, it will remain open and free for further discussion.

    Thanks!

    will that news post be here in the tera forums or will it be somewhere else like twitter?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Does it even matter? Don't forget that around the same time the events turned to crap; they gutted the store for some ridiculous Daily Deals, and they stopped giving out weekly Stream codes while telling us that we're all "spoiled". Xing just made it easier to go. I was playing every day for many hours, but now, I just visit the forums to see all of the "aren't you gone yet" aka "you're making more sense than me, so leave!"

    I do love how a few of you seem to think this forum represents "everyone". No, I don't think "everyone" wanted a server merge, and you will see once the servers are merged "this fall". Lets see how many of the merger fans are even still around by then.

    BTW, I think KitTeaCup is a bit annoyed with some seeing as she could have closed this thread if y'all hadn't changed the main point and added so much "helpful" information. LOL
    Xerses wrote: »
    Xerses wrote: »
    I agree. I think the staff who works with Tera at EME have been downsized over the years so they can focus on other projects like Kritika. One of the big speculations is that EME can't do anything about Tera unless BHS allows them too. It would be nice to know what sort of tools or powers EME has and what changes they're allowed to make. That way we as a community would know for certain who we can hold accountable for negligence and incompetence. I'm not defending EME, but if they can't do anything they should just say "yeaaa we can't do that but we can suggest it to our superiors blah blah blah" which I'm sure they have in the past from time to time. But things like XC I know for sure is a BHS thing, I can pretty much guarantee if EME had power we wouldn't have XC.


    We are really not in any sort of position to hold anyone "accountable" here.

    Then my wallet is no longer in any sort of position to invest in this company.

    I've found counterpoints posts to be mostly gibberish. It's like asking someone if a battery is good, and their reply tells you how a battery works. Seeing as mostly everything I commented above was admittedly Sean's doing, I don't see how it's really BHS's fault. Of course, the Xing idea was, but as I stated, many of us that left were already quite annoyed. The whole rocking back in his chair and saying, "I bet they are!" didn't help much either.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    I think people overacted to this xigncode thing. It hasnt affected me once. I think because people were very noisy on this that some people just outright listened to everyone else instead of finding out the truth.

    In short people left because other people said so not because of xigncode.

    This has affected the game more and eme added more little thing that upset people like wiping out the tera store which just broke the EMP to GOLD ratio in the game.

    These past few month I think EME made bad decisions on their part which lead to this messy situation to the point that they had to think of a server merge.
  • If it wasn't for the xigncode bypass this game would probably already be dead. So props to the guy(s) who most likely single handedly saved Tera NA. In regards to the other points raised in this thread, I think you're asking way too much of EME. They can't even fix their own website with the server status and roadmap, and their forums barely even work (I had to log in 4 times to actually be able to post this).
  • heartlessladyheartlesslady ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Glad to have some staff response. But props to D7something to having a specific list of issues that need to work on. But I think if EmE hosnest gave a damn we be seeing response from product manager and what not. Just shows that there serious issues are being ignored.

    So tired of hearing the phrase, feedback is being sent. Rather have them just work on the issues. It more like feedback is heard and ignored.
  • buffons wrote: »
    and their forums barely even work (I had to log in 4 times to actually be able to post this).

    This is a complete side-topic, but the forums are run by a third-party company (Vanilla Forums), and there seems to be some sort of bug/issue right now. I've noticed that if you refresh your browser after the sign-in process, it'll usually then figure out it's logged in. I let them know so they can pass it on to the vendor.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    Kirasaka wrote: »
    Over the years I've seen many eme staff say a similar thing to what you have now. People have been complaining for years and all we ever get is 'your feedback has been noted' When will our feedback actually be acted upon? When will we get any of the things we've been asking for? Still waiting on all the shop updates promised in October 2017, still waiting on a response to the gold/silver talent shortage which isnt a cash shop sale, still waiting for double vanguards to come back, I could keep going on with this list but whats the point, our feedback is not listened to. If EME wants the best in TERA for all of us then maybe they should act like they want that.
    The only thing in recent memory that is being acted upon is the server mergers because there were a few people who whined incessantly and consistently on the forums for a year. Eme isn't fixing issues like outdated stores (that were promised to be changed ages ago) or long lasting bugs (shattered fleet nonsense has been here for way too long already, floating hair bugs, etc) because people aren't kicking and screaming loudly enough, i guess.
    @KitTeaCup I really appreciate the post, I do, but we need more than "it's noted" to trust En Masse as a company at this point. This company ruined it's reputation with it's customers for a long time before you arrived. We need positive action that comes with active results instead of words at this point. Words might be all you can give us for now, but I hope you understand that because of the company's history a lot of us simply won't believe what En Masse says until it actually happens. Thanks for your continued efforts going forward- hopefully Eme puts out that statement soon.
  • IxWolfie wrote: »
    I think a lot of people fail to realize that a lot of the issues with TERA are things that EME cannot handle themselves. As stated expertly above, I too have a sneaking suspicion that EME is being told what to do by BHS and what they say is what goes. There's also a lot of speculation that I feel like people just need to let go of. Not all of it is true, and having these threads being made left and right is just deterring more players. Instead of talking bad about what the company does; suggest how they can do it better.

    Just talking bad about what EME does isn't helping, and while as much as I'd like to say that they do X and Y wrong... It's just going to deter more people from playing the game if the remaining playerbase is just trash talking the game. You might call people shills for talking good about EME, but they have the right idea sometimes. I don't think you should not disagree with what the company is doing, but I think you need to take a step back...

    I disagree with people who bring up the fact that BHS is making TERA more pay to win. If anything, that's the main thing EME has control over. kTERA's economy/store is ran by BHS, but the store here is ran by EME. Same with Gameforge, I mean, look at their store; it's P2W, and much more so than it is here. You can disagree with that all you'd like, but their selling of a Combat Accelerator would like to disagree with you.

    --

    To further quote what was said above me:
    The biggest problem you're alluding to, fundamentally, is about player morale. Player morale is low because, in addition to the game itself being in a tough state, there's a lot of negativity towards EME in general (and a lot of "the grass is greener" looking at Gameforge these days). XIGNCODE played a part in that, probably less because of the software itself (most people here have played BnS or BD or PUBG, or other games with it), but because of how it all went down. Even something like the daily deals... in and of itself I don't think it's a problem, but having that window front and center every time you load the game sends a message about what's important. And now this merger happens... it all helps to paint a picture of the game's current declining state.

    I feel like if anything, this constant "EME is doing things wrong", is what makes people quit. You can be annoyed, you can point fingers, but you're not helping anyone by doing this. Attacking the only people who have a chance to save the game that you care about isn't going to help. Constantly going at the team and the game itself just isn't going to work. All you're doing is showing that our community morale is low, as stated above, and that alone can easily deter players.

    --

    I think everyone in this community, and I mean anyone who even slightly cares about playing this game in the future needs to take a step back and realize something... No, EME isn't doing the best job, but it could be much, much worse. naTERA is not P2W, sure you can pay to speed through the end-game faster... But the reality of that is, it's RNG. You won't always get lucky with what you pay for. If you don't like paying, don't. If you have more than one account at end-game, you can go from Mid tier to High tier gear in ~2 weeks. I've experienced it myself, as with my guild... On the most dead server, mind you (AV). People have this "grass is greener" mentality without even probably playing on the EU version of TERA. Go take a serious look at their cash shop, and tell me that you still feel like NA is "P2W"... Oh wait, unless you make an account, you can't actually view their shop.

    --

    Also, I'd like to quote something from above;
    Lapomko wrote: »
    Make Xigncode detect all the users that bypassed it. Have a delayed ban that triggers in 1 week like vac for 100 years so they can pass their account to their grandchildren. I would laugh so much if they would actually do that.

    You'd laugh so much because they'd lose ~50% of their active playerbase? You should go see the staggering numbers of the discord for the program that hosts the bypass. It's in the thousands, iirc it was 2-3k, which is more than the current steam playerbase on average as well... As much as I might disagree with the use of the bypass, I at least realize how detrimental it would be to the future of the game.


    Honestly you lost me at Tera isn't p2w. Selling emp and cash shop items is the fastest way to get end game gear. Tera one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played. I also think your point about not bashing EME and discussing what they could be doing better is pretty worthless. What's the point of doing that if nothing you say is going to make a difference? Tera isn't some new game, It's been out YEARS now and EME has chosen to never really listen or give a damn what the player base says or wants.
  • KeepDreamingKeepDreaming ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Mouretsu wrote: »
    Honestly you lost me at Tera isn't p2w. Selling emp and cash shop items is the fastest way to get end game gear. Tera one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played. I also think your point about not bashing EME and discussing what they could be doing better is pretty worthless. What's the point of doing that if nothing you say is going to make a difference? Tera isn't some new game, It's been out YEARS now and EME has chosen to never really listen or give a damn what the player base says or wants.

    Honestly, you lost me at "TERA is one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played."... Please, go play any free to play MMO on Steam at all. Go seriously try out something like Vindictus, go try out Archeage... If you're comparing TERA to something like, let's say, SNIP (see edit below), Elder Scrolls Online, or World of Warcraft? Yes, those aren't P2W because they're buy to play. If you think TERA is one of the most P2W MMOs you've played, you're either just bad at the game, or don't try enough to not have to buy anything. As I said above, I've gotten into mid tier gear with literally less than 3 days worth of playtime on the account. Three days it took to get me to mid tier gear. It'll take me 4-5 weeks to get into high tier, and once I have a second account (which is free mind you, without buying a character slot you have two characters) it'll take 2-4 weeks depending on how much I actually grind.

    What do you mean selling EMP and Cash shop items are the fastest way to get end game gear? If I sell EMP, I'm just getting gold out of it. You do need mats as well, mind you. If I'm buying EMP, I can buy strongbox keys for a chance to get end-game mats. But mind you that these are RNG, and often times you can open a mid to high tier strongbox and just get low tier mats. Not to mention that, at least on AV, nobody buys EMP because of the EMP rate, and as such, there's just an influx of "SELLING EMP" spam.

    That wasn't my point at all, by the way. My point wasn't to stay STOP BASHING EME AND GIVE THEM CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. My point was that, you need to realize that this constant bashing of EME just makes newer players feel like they shouldn't begin to invest in the game. It turns away newer players, and as such, starts to decay the community even more. That was my point. My point was to make sure that the people who are vocally bashing EME all the time understand that their implications may lead to the community not growing more because of the simple fact that all newer players see is how bad EME is, and how toxic parts of the vocal community can be.

    tl;dr? If you think TERA is the most P2W MMO you've played, you're really blinded. Go play other MMOs that are free to play, and then come back to say that to me. Do I need to mention Anime MMOs? Do I need to mention 50% of the steam MMOs? They're all 100% worse than this. Paying to progress faster, buying items that increase your damage dealt. If you think TERA is P2W, you must really enjoy the RNG strongboxes, don't you?

    This isn't Gameforge. EME hasn't sold an item that passively decreases cooldowns. The most we have is an increased crit passive dragon, and even then, if you're better than someone with that dragon; it won't matter.


    * EDIT: I could go into quite a long reply to a lot of what people have said, but knowing the direction of this thread; I won't. There's a lot of people here with clashing opinions that are just wrong, fallacious, or otherwise just incorrect. It isn't my place to change minds. However, I will correct myself when I have blatantly said something wrong: I snipped out me saying "Black Desert" when I was talking about P2W games. I didn't mean to write BDO, not sure why I did; I believe I was talking about BDO with a close friend at the time, but I wanted to right my wrong. BDO is not P2W. I was going to put Neverwinter, but BDO is what got written. I do apologize for that ^^;
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    IxWolfie wrote: »

    Honestly, you lost me at "TERA is one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played."... Please, go play any free to play MMO on Steam at all. Go seriously try out something like Vindictus, go try out Archeage... If you're comparing TERA to something like, let's say, Black Desert, Elder Scrolls Online, or World of Warcraft? Yes, those aren't P2W because they're buy to play.

    BDO is not P2W? What?
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    IxWolfie wrote: »
    That wasn't my point at all, by the way. My point wasn't to stay STOP BASHING EME AND GIVE THEM CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. My point was that, you need to realize that this constant bashing of EME just makes newer players feel like they shouldn't begin to invest in the game. It turns away newer players, and as such, starts to decay the community even more. That was my point. My point was to make sure that the people who are vocally bashing EME all the time understand that their implications may lead to the community not growing more because of the simple fact that all newer players see is how bad EME is, and how toxic parts of the vocal community can be.

    Yeah, stop with the honesty already. EME can't even get their forum to work right, so you know. New players already realize they shouldn't spend time in the game when they see $50 swimsuits and everything Elin. I like Elins but enough already.

    Tera is totally p2w or are you just oblivious to the armor and weapons for sale on the brokerage?
    Equitas wrote: »
    Oh, it's this thread again. Are people still pretending XIGNCODE3 has affected TERA? That's cute. It's very clear how self-aware you guys are. You know that your use of XC as an excuse holds no merit in itself, so you have to bring up the other issues with this game to build your case. I get that TERA is in a poor state, but can you people just stop pretending XC has anything to do with it?

    Also, @Christin, I'd like to know how you think you're making more sense than anyone. You have yet to make any statement with any factual basis. You've also made a liar of yourself by stating on multiple occasions that you have left, yet continuing to post here. You being told to leave isn't a result of being intimidated by the superior intellect you perceive yourself to have. I'll go ahead and tell you those delusions of grandeur are seriously misguided. The reality is that the question is asked because we wonder when your word is going to be good for something.

    Yeah, the same thread again with your same sad response. Don't you get tired of repeating yourself?

    "More sense than anyone." Wow, you clearly cannot read. No, just more sense than you "Are you gone yet?" whiners. I left the game not the forums, again, I know you're not bright, but at least try to grasp reality. Your whole argument that everyone wants to know when my word is good is total bs seeing as I never ever said I was leaving the forums. I don't even need to download the Xingcode update to post on the forums. I mean, you do know that right? Thanks for another mention though, it's clear you can't handle much without me.
This discussion has been closed.