[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

1568101114

Comments

  • I know this issue and the proposed solution have been forwarded. But could we soon get a heads up.
    I want to know if im investing my time in the right way.

    Not only did we gear up our pve gear. Most i know have full conflate in anticioation of content.
    The Roadmap was a Special slap in the face for this matter.

    I enjoy this game alot i supported it by buying stuff.
    Id like to know if everything i did till now is mute and if i should Invest that time in a new char or seek another game in total.

    For me the merges as are announced are simply unacceptable.
    Eme didnt provide pvp content and is not going to for at least this year.
    And gear recamp will make conflate mute.
    Which is already cuz pve gear is better than conflate right here right now.

    No PvP should mean No PvP Servers
  • As of the matter beeing toxic.

    Arnt we all i bit human.

    In this thread alone PvP calls names
    PvE incinuates that pvp means beeing ganked at every corner.

    Both sides have individuals presenting toxic Behavior.
    We could all choose not to and be grown ups.
  • I dont know if it came ever up but i guess its not in the cards to have NA EU Ps4 XB merge all PvP servers into one.
    Id assume that would give a haveway decent playerbase.

    And no pve player would have to closer their eyes seeing pvp and no PvP player would have to give up anything
  • As of the matter beeing toxic.

    ... PvE incinuates that pvp means beeing ganked at every corner.

    That is not saying something toxic, that is a real expectation, based in part on experience in other games where PvP is forced upon PvE players and in part on PvP players in this very thread commenting on how they look forward to "killing PvE heros at world BAM' and 'forcing PvE to PvP'.

    We all want more ppl to play with, and PvP players are more than welcome on the new PvE servers, as long as no unwanted changes are made for the majority (PvE) to satisfy a very vocal minority (PvP).
  • I joined Tera and started playing it BECAUSE they have strictly PvE servers available. I have had bad experiences in other games where PvP was forced on PvE players, so I simply quit playing and supporting those games. I am on the NA Xbox server Melkatran and I do not like the idea of merging PvE with PvP at all. As far as Velika outskirts being a PvP zone, whenever I create a new character and get to a high enough level, I do a LOT of grinding in Velika Outskirts for the LX LXIII tokens and the daily Vanguard rewards, hunting bears and walking trees. It is also where I must go to begin the quest "The Vanguard Initiative", so I would definitely not want to try building a new character, only to find out I was constantly being chased and attacked in the middle of my grind or quest, like has happened in other games. It is very annoying when others can interfere with me enjoying an online game. In North America we have four high population PvE servers and only two medium population PvP servers. It is obvious that there is a much larger PvE population of players in Tera, just like in other games. If the two are merged, then the same thing that I have seen happen in other games will happen here. There are not nearly enough PvP players to satisfy them, so PvP players just constantly chase and attack PvE players who have absolutely NO INTEREST in engaging in any sort of PvP gaming, and who are just trying to enjoy finishing our quests or doing our daily grinds for rewards. If we wanted PvP interaction, then we would have joined the PvP servers. At least on a PvE server, when I keep randomly seeing messages pop up that "so-and-so wants to challenge you to a duel", I can just ignore it and continue enjoying my game.

    Someone recommended merging the servers, but people would have to flag themselves as outlaw or something, in order to engage in PvP. If that actually means that I would still be able to continue enjoying the game without others interfering in my game play and it would still just be a PvE environment for me, unless I choose to manually go in and flag myself as willing to engage in PvP play, then I don't see the harm in setting it up that way.

    Personally, I don't like the idea of the server mergers, even as planned. Ever since Melkatran went from medium population to high population, I am already dealing with problems of too many people. Areas like Highwatch are too crowded and sometimes when I am doing the daily grind on the Island of Dawn there will be so many other players already fighting the creatures I need for the Vanguard rewards that I have to wait a while to even find an available Basilisk (or whatever) to fight, let alone get through 10 of them. Also, I will sometimes be grinding for the daily rewards, but then other players come in and start attacking the creature I am already fighting, which is really annoying. I am also concerned about potentially losing my character names, and things like that. I am slowing down on playing Tera, until after the server merge happens. I want to wait and see whether it is still worth playing, once they overcrowd us even more, potentially make us lose our character names, and things like that.
  • Maybe its due to underpopulation but i have nerver been ganked.

    That beeing said.

    I dont want to force pvp on pve.

    For now im advocating to dissolve pvp servers lack of content and go full pve.

    Till they figure out either a System in which u can choose to pvp or not at all.
    Or reopen pvp servers with account Transfers.

    But the state of the game is abysmal on pvp.

    Again someone said already that u might have to treat EU differnt that NA.

    On EU zyrnaxis, the bigger pvp server there arnt enough Players to produce lag in hw anymore.
    There are no Players to battle.

    If u have ur static u can run pve or solo q for bgs.

    Live on my server is a PVE server.
  • Rinky wrote: »
    My name is Rinky, and I’m writing on behalf of the PVP and PVE servers on both Xbox and Playstation. We have been playing TERA Online since the console beta, and many of the others who helped create this post have been playing much longer than that on PC. I reached out to many other guilds across both platforms--from PVE and PVP servers-- to see if they shared my concerns and to make a collaborative effort in crafting this post.

    With the recent news announcement regarding server merges, there seems to be some disconnect between the community and En Masse. I know I am not alone with these thoughts, and I’m here laying out what the greater portion of the community thinks. I understand that En Masse receives lots of feedback on the forums and Discord, but I also know that the majority of the community is not very vocal, and I’m here to speak for them. I’m more than happy to hear everyone’s thoughts, and I’m willing to have a discussion regarding the topic in the comments of this forum post. I want to keep this discussion on-topic, civilized, and respectful to other players, and En Masse staff, who has worked so hard to make console TERA Online a reality.

    I’ll start this off just going from a population point of view. The information after this is all from Friday July 27, at prime time, 6 PM PDT; this is normally the time that PVP Battlegrounds would start to pop. Simply put the PVP servers are too low population for anything content-wise moving forward. If PVP servers do not get merged into the PVE server, the PVP server will die. The server overview page on Xbox shows both PVP servers as Medium population, whereas the four PVE servers are all High. The server overview page on Playstation shows all servers as Medium population. The discrepancy here is that the PVE server is getting four servers, where as the PVP servers are only getting two servers. In a view of Highwatch, the PVP servers on Playstation barely have enough players to get a 20-man raid together on both servers, and the Xbox servers most certainly do not have enough to gather a full 20-man raid. This brings up the next topic for discussion:

    Harrowhold being released, in a thirty or twenty man, these numbers will not be adequate enough on both consoles. Although we are labeled as a PVP server, we still have a handful of groups clearing PVE content on a daily basis. Currently on Xbox, the merger is taking the four most populated servers, and adding them to one server; and taking the two smallest population servers; and adding them to one server. With current population we can’t even fill half a queue for Fraywind Canyon, let alone a full raid for Harrowhold.

    There have been talks on the En Masse Discord that PVP server players would be willing to forfeit some open-world PVP, and as a trade-off we would rather have a dedicated PVP zone, Velika Outskirts; where in this zone would be the only area that could you flag up and use Outlaw Declaration. This would keep both the PVP and PVE players happy, as not only would they now have a place dedicated to PVP when queues are not popping, but the PVE players would not have to fear being killed on sight outside of this zone. This in turn would provide a healthier population, broker, and easier time finding groups since we lack a Looking For Group feature on console.


    PVP is dead on consoles, we have almost no way to coordinate battleground queues other than Discord, and majority of the players in the respective console battleground discord’s are the more hardcore players, and not everyone who we see in-game. If we were put into one server this would be much easier to get a game together, with Area chat until we get the Looking for Group feature. Even with the Jackpot Event, it’s still not enough incentive to queue battlegrounds without some communication from multiple servers.

    Touching on the Jackpot event, currently if you lose you get no rewards, and it’s pretty difficult to consistently win with group queue being broken for battlegrounds, both of these deter some players from getting in queue. On PC there is an incentive for playing Fraywind where you get 8 boxes for winning, 5 for losing, that contains materials for upgrading your equipment. Rewards should stay in-line with what they are now on PC, that way they appeal to both PVE and PVP players. Instead of our Monthly Jackpot event we could use an overhaul to the rewards systems to revive TERA battlegrounds, such as to match the PC reward system.

    In closing thank you for your time in reading this giant wall of text:

    Signed~

    Guildless: Rinky (Vesporax PvP)
    Athens: Ariielle (Ovolith PvE)
    Overpowered: Frosty (Nyxarras PvP)
    Gameover: Overrated (Nyxarras PvP)
    Knights of Tera: Dark.Shadow (Nyxarras PvP)
    Seireitei: Miyuki (Thulsa PvE)
    Toxicity: Lazmonia (Dracoloth PvE)
    Guildless: Sin (Vesporax PvP)
    Top Tier: Pookey (Suryati PvP)

    Rinky,

    Thank you for providing this feedback. We have seen this thread and are following conversations on it closely. We appreciate your feedback in regards to PVP, the server merge, and events.

    Cheers,
    circuits
  • HueHue ✭✭
    "Harrowhold being released, in a thirty or twenty man, these numbers will not be adequate enough on both consoles. Although we are labeled as a PVP server, we still have a handful of groups clearing PVE content on a daily basis. Currently on Xbox, the merger is taking the four most populated servers, and adding them to one server; and taking the two smallest population servers; and adding them to one server. With current population we can’t even fill half a queue for Fraywind Canyon, let alone a full raid for Harrowhold";

    *I can totally understand the low population, but for queuing for BGs, it's all servers-wide unless I'm wrong here. With a PvE server merging with PvP servers, there will be more people for sure, but the queue would still be the same simply because there will be players that will and will not queue or other reasons. As for Horrowhold, we definitely need more players in a server because this is definitely the issue assuming we will get this raid dungeon at some point. But again, as we can see in this discussion post, there are some that are against and there are some that are for having PvP and PvE servers merge. No one is truly happy even with the reasons presented in this post by the OP.

    "There have been talks on the En Masse Discord that PVP server players would be willing to forfeit some open-world PVP, and as a trade-off we would rather have a dedicated PVP zone, Velika Outskirts; where in this zone would be the only area that could you flag up and use Outlaw Declaration. This would keep both the PVP and PVE players happy, as not only would they now have a place dedicated to PVP when queues are not popping, but the PVE players would not have to fear being killed on sight outside of this zone. This in turn would provide a healthier population, broker, and easier time finding groups since we lack a Looking For Group feature on console";

    *There is an easy fix for this...Civil Unrest: Velika. It's a PvP zone content, no need to even flag to PvP in there. It opens 24/7 if I remember correctly and yes you can queue even while in there. It's a HUGE area covering almost the entire Velika map, but you have to teleport there through an NPC.

    "PVP is dead on consoles, we have almost no way to coordinate battleground queues other than Discord, and majority of the players in the respective console battleground discord’s are the more hardcore players, and not everyone who we see in-game. If we were put into one server this would be much easier to get a game together, with Area chat until we get the Looking for Group feature. Even with the Jackpot Event, it’s still not enough incentive to queue battlegrounds without some communication from multiple servers";

    *Now this I can understand, if you are looking for like minded people, this is when server transfer comes into play. But sadly there is no word on this and or if players are even willing to pay to transfer.

    "Touching on the Jackpot event, currently if you lose you get no rewards, and it’s pretty difficult to consistently win with group queue being broken for battlegrounds, both of these deter some players from getting in queue. On PC there is an incentive for playing Fraywind where you get 8 boxes for winning, 5 for losing, that contains materials for upgrading your equipment. Rewards should stay in-line with what they are now on PC, that way they appeal to both PVE and PVP players. Instead of our Monthly Jackpot event we could use an overhaul to the rewards systems to revive TERA battlegrounds, such as to match the PC reward system";

    "This 100%.

    These are just my thoughts and experiences while playing the game.
  • Kurgann wrote: »
    As of the matter beeing toxic.

    ... PvE incinuates that pvp means beeing ganked at every corner.

    That is not saying something toxic, that is a real expectation, based in part on experience in other games where PvP is forced upon PvE players and in part on PvP players in this very thread commenting on how they look forward to "killing PvE heros at world BAM' and 'forcing PvE to PvP'.

    We all want more ppl to play with, and PvP players are more than welcome on the new PvE servers, as long as no unwanted changes are made for the majority (PvE) to satisfy a very vocal minority (PvP).

    Umm... you know "ganked at every corner" even means? Do you not know that safe zones are all around PvE Dungs and all cities? How often do you leave town to do achievments? how many people do you expect to see in Tor Exol that are 65 besides yourself?


    Maybe its due to underpopulation but i have nerver been ganked.

    That beeing said.

    I dont want to force pvp on pve.
    For now im advocating to dissolve pvp servers lack of content and go full pve.
    Till they figure out either a System in which u can choose to pvp or not at all.
    Or reopen pvp servers with account Transfers.
    But the state of the game is abysmal on pvp.
    Again someone said already that u might have to treat EU differnt that NA.
    On EU zyrnaxis, the bigger pvp server there arnt enough Players to produce lag in hw anymore.
    There are no Players to battle.
    If u have ur static u can run pve or solo q for bgs.
    Live on my server is a PVE server.

    You Don't want to force pvp on pve but you say you want to dissolve pvp servers.. that is absolutly unacceptable. If they merged everyone and reopened one later, how many people would go to that server? It would be more dead than Celestial Hills on pc.


    Hue wrote: »

    "There have been talks on the En Masse Discord that PVP server players would be willing to forfeit some open-world PVP, and as a trade-off we would rather have a dedicated PVP zone, Velika Outskirts; where in this zone would be the only area that could you flag up and use Outlaw Declaration. This would keep both the PVP and PVE players happy, as not only would they now have a place dedicated to PVP when queues are not popping, but the PVE players would not have to fear being killed on sight outside of this zone. This in turn would provide a healthier population, broker, and easier time finding groups since we lack a Looking For Group feature on console";

    *There is an easy fix for this...Civil Unrest: Velika. It's a PvP zone content, no need to even flag to PvP in there. It opens 24/7 if I remember correctly and yes you can queue even while in there. It's a HUGE area covering almost the entire Velika map, but you have to teleport there through an NPC.

    These are just my thoughts and experiences while playing the game.

    CU does NOT fix the lack of PvP. The only time people go in there is when you do CU for 2hrs(max) 1 day per week. That does NOT satisfy my PvP craving at all. I need open world for rally and world bams.. and ofc vo where only PVPERS go. Why else would you go to the GvG pad if you aren't going to do PvP???? It baffels me when people say they have to do questing, but you literally get a teleport scroll to where it starts, ignoring the GvG pad entirely, not the mention that a 65 can't even kill you because you aren't 65 yet. There is no reason for anyone to be in VO besides to PvP.
  • @FrostyDivine
    I fully understand u.
    Id rather have big happy pvp population, but we dont on EU server.
    Atm if both pvp servers here merge we wont even be able to compete with celest hills on pc.

    Even letting the merge go as planned there wont be open pvp here and the roadmap clearly stated there wont be for a long time.

    My server is dying quicker than i expected after the merge annoucment.

    I cant expect that the dev can pull a quick solution, with server trans unavailable for us it is a very dire situation that needs solving.

    Im still for merging all servers and find one of the coexisting solutions i posted on this thread.

    I hope u understand our situation.
    If not this is free to play game. Make an EU based Account and c for urself.
  • M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    You cant even overworld pvp unless youre level 65, you cant get ganked or killed unless youre level 65, you have 0 reason to return to outskirts once youre level 65.

    Whether or not I have reasons to return to outskirts is my own business and no other player, nor any random internet troll, gets to dictate to me whether or not I have any reasons to travel to outskirts. In a PvE world, I get to travel wherever I want, whenever I want. This freedom of movement without interference from other players is exactly WHY many people choose to join a PvE game/server. Sylva Plant, Essence of Wind, and Linmetal Ore are all plentiful in Celestial Hills, so flying to Velika, then riding through the outskirts straight into Celestial Hills is the nicest, most scenic way to gather those materials. In a PvE world, I don't need to justify a "reason" to other players, in order to go anywhere in an open world. If I choose to go to Velika Outskirts to stand on the pier and enjoy the scenery, then I get to do that without other players interfering in my game. Again, that is exactly "WHY" many people choose to be on a PvE server.
    M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    Youre post shows the thought process behind a lot of neysayers and how little they know about how pvp functions.

    Of course I do not know how PvP functions. I made it pretty clear that I do not play PvP, nor do I have any desire to be exposed to PvP, because of bad experiences I have had in other games, when the developers mixed the two and lost a large part of their customer base. Based on your assertion that PvEers need a reason, and that they have NO reason to travel to certain parts of a PvE open world, shows that you have no idea how PvE functions. In a PvE world, we get to travel wherever we want, whenever we want, for whatever reason we want, or even for no reason at all other than to enjoy the beautiful scenery, without interference from other players.
    M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    -Most level 65 players rarely leave highwatch or safe zones unless in a group or meeting-

    Personally, I spend very little time in Highwatch. I don't do groups or meetings, because I am a solo player, just like many other PvEers. I don't know where you get your statistics that "MOST" level 65 players confine themselves to the very limited areas you specified, but I doubt the veracity of your statistics. I did NOT join an open world PvE server to be tunneled into very confined areas that do not even have the beautiful scenery that I enjoy throughout so much of Tera. When the console screenshot contest was going on, I literally took over a hundred screenshots of beautiful backgrounds from my flying steed, because I know where a lot of those areas are, and I enjoy visiting many of them, whenever I want. It was a difficult decision, having to narrow them down to only the five that I submitted to the contest. Many of us PvEers actually ENJOY the open world of Tera, and many of us choose not to just confine ourselves to very limited areas inside a city or dungeon. I mainly use Highwatch as a convenient log-off/log-on point for most of my characters, because it is a convenient drop-off point for my daily gathering, I can check the brokerage for things I need, I can buy more crystals if I need to spend some of my Vanguard points before they hit max, etc. The majority of my time in Highwatch is during the times I am logged off, because I use it primarily as a start/end point for my daily activities.
    M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    You never even have to traverse dangerous grounds because you get free teleports straight to a dungeons entance for pre made parties.

    I have yet to even join a party for a dungeon, so your statement about free teleporting to "..a dungeons entance [sic] for pre made parties" is completely irrelevant. Every dungeon I have ever done has been done solo, and I rarely go to a dungeon anymore, because the end-game dungeons are simply too difficult for solo players to complete. I have even seen posts on here where someone was talking about how few dungeon completions there are. A lot of that has to do with MANY PvEers like me who are "solo" players, but Tera has no end-game dungeons for us solo players to enjoy, so we simply do not do them. There is not even an area here in the Tera console forum for people to "look for gaming partners" (or however they may word the forum title), so that people can post and look for like-minded players who want to go give some of those dungeons a try, but who will NEVER use the instance matching, because we do not want to wind up stuck with some stuck-up elitist type player who is barking orders and then ends up crying if the group does not make it through the dungeon. If some of us "casual players" had a designated forum section where we could find like-minded players who would have fun just trying out a dungeon, then laughing and saying "WOW! We really got our butts kicked, but we had fun doing it!", then more of us would use the end-game dungeons. Of course, simply having one or two end-game solo dungeons we could enjoy would be AWESOME!

    The only time I even teleport is when I am doing daily Vanguard requests, so I can hurry up and go get those done, then move on with my daily flying, riding, travelling, gathering, crafting, exploring, etc. I did not join an open world PvE server to be "tunneled" into safe routes that I must take to avoid PvP interaction. I joined a PvE server BECAUSE I do not have to worry about other players interfering in my enjoyment of the game and the open world environment, regardless of where I choose to go, why I choose to go there, or what level I am. I never even allow my resource points to get to 4,000, because I feel like I would be wasting the points that I would have otherwise received, if I had not allowed them to hit the max level. I travel to areas (via taxi Pegasus and/or my own Winterwing Pegasus, depending on distance from my current location) almost daily, to gather materials until I get the message that I can't gather anymore, because I am out of resource points. If I have to miss a day or two of gathering, because I was too tired after work to do much on Tera, or whatever, then I am always excited when I do get time to gather, because when my points are up to 2 or 3 thousand, then I get to relax and enjoy the scenery as I do even more gathering than usual. Other days, I will be enjoying my gathering so much that I will take an Elite Crafter's Cure, just so I can get the extra 1,000 resource points and I can continue enjoying my gathering. I do NOT do those sorts of things via teleports that I must take, to have a safety tunnel away from PvPers. I do not even see the point of me playing an open world game, if I confined myself to very narrow areas/tunnels/dungeons and did not enjoy the open world environment.
    M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    Id go even further and say if they merged all the servers together and dubbed it pvp a vast majority of PVErs would notice no difference

    If Tera actually did that, and turned our PvE servers into PvP servers, then of course the vast majority of us would not notice the difference. We would simply find another game that has PvE servers and quit Tera. We joined PvE servers because we wanted to play in a purely PvE environment, so if Tera takes that away from us, many of us would no longer have a reason to stay. It is as simple as that.

    I made a post for the developers, moderators, or whomever from Tera to see, to give my views on the subject. As a mature adult, I was able to do that WITHOUT having to attack another player's post. Of course, everyone is aware that there are plenty of mature adult PvPers who are happy to engage in PvP only with other PvPers, and we all also know it is the minority of PvPers who enjoy attacking other players without provocation that has ruined other games, and that will ruin Tera if they merge PvP into the PvE world. Sometimes, those players' need for attacking without provocation is so uncontrollable for them, they even do it in forum posts outside of the game. Thank you for so demonstrably illustrating exactly WHY many PvEers have NO desire for PvP interaction. It has much less to do with the actual game mechanics, and much more to do with the attitude of "SOME" (certainly not all) PvPers, and their propensity to attack others without provocation.

    Also, if you had bothered to read my entire post, I clearly stated that my opposition was not ONLY for the PvP/PvE issue. It is also because I am already concerned with the overcrowding on Melkatran, ever since we went from medium to high population. I am also concerned with losing character names and other issues that arise from server merges. Personally, when I saw that every North American PvE server was now at "High" population, I was hoping that Tera would announce they were opening a NEW server, so that I could move to one that was LESS populated. Merging four servers into one is already a concern for me, but merging another two servers on top of that creates an even larger concern for me, even aside from the PvP/PvE issue.

    The developers are watching this thread, and I have already made my objection to merge PvP into PvE quite clear to them. Had you bothered to read my entire post, you would have seen that I included a paragraph that shows I do not know how PvP and flagging work, but I even clearly stated that "If that actually means that I would still be able to continue enjoying the game without others interfering in my game play and it would still just be a PvE environment for me, unless I choose to manually go in and flag myself as willing to engage in PvP play, then I don't see the harm in setting it up that way." However, now that you have made it abundantly clear that even Tera suffers from the plague of minority PvPers who simply cannot resist blindly attacking others without provocation, and without even bothering to see the entire picture, I hereby rescind my previous statement that I would support PvP/PvE being set up in that manner. I have made my statements for the developers, stating that I oppose such a merger, and my statements stand. My opposition to the merger of PvP and PvE is my own opinion, for my own reasons, and no meaningless internet trolling comments will change that. If you have valid points to make to the developers, then simply state them without attacking someone else's post. If you are unaware of how to do that, then simply use my original post on this subject as an example of how to do it. Any further discussion between you and I is pointless and meaningless, because this is a matter for the developers to decide, and I have stated my opposition to the merger. Our conversation (which I never asked for in the first place) is concluded.

    As someone else so eloquently wrote in this thread, "...PvP players are more than welcome on the new PvE servers, as long as no unwanted changes are made for the majority (PvE) to satisfy a very vocal minority (PvP)."



  • KingBowieKingBowie ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @GuardianAngelGG (not going to quote as it was a very long post) but I'd like to reply too. And yes, I read all of your posts in this thread and the one that replied to you specifically. I agree with you on some points but not others. I'm not attacking you or your post or how/why you play Tera.

    (I play on PS4, I'm not elitist, still new to Tera but veteran at MMOs, I play on a PvE server, I've spent money on the game, I like to play solo but I've made some friends and do instant matching and also dungeons with my new friends.)

    That being said I'm a PvE player that welcomes PvP players because you still have to "enable" PvP anyways. They don't need a "dedicated zone for PvP". Just let people turn it off/on for whether they want to enable PvP or not. If someone is just wanting to do their dailies after work, they can keep it off. If they are feeling competitive or want a change of pace, they can turn it on. There's literally zero harm in that if people can turn it on/off.

    I'm a priest main but I'd turn on PvP occasionally at night when I'm bored just for kicks. I wouldn't have it on all the time. But it wouldn't hurt if other people had it on and were battling it out around me. That's their choice. It's yours to always keep it off. How does that hurt either player base? It seems like it would only strengthen Tera's community. Some people "ready up" for PvP, others never do. Still makes for a healthier community/game/economy.

    From what you wrote, it sounds like you are a vocal miority too (this is not meant rudely). But you are playing an MMO (massively online game) and you mostly want to play solo (as you stated that you have never completed a dungeon with people and you're level 65). Thats fine; to each their own. But in MMOs that's not the norm. People play MMOs for various reasons, but the very nature of them is the community aspect.

    MMOs are based around meeting people and doing things in game with your new friends, or a complete stranger. (There's always a bad apple here and there, but they are not the majority in any MMO or any online game I've ever played.)

    Yes, scenery and solo things are fun too. But the core of any MMO is community and playing together. Otherwise you might as well play a game like Skyrim that is open world with beautiful environments and a very engaging story (a much better story than most MMOs will ever have).

    I don't think the person replying to you was blatantly rude. If you really didn't want the conversation you could have ignored them. But you didn't, which likely means you want Tera to thrive (not just survive) and want to see positive changes to keep it thriving. That's good.

    And I think that's why you should reconsider (un-recind? - lost for the proper word here lol), about PvP merging with PvE (very important: ONLY if they keep the fact that you have to enable the willingness to PvP). I highly doubt they'd take that away anyways. It would create a better economy in-game, better player base, and everyone could be happy about it.

    I don't understand your dislike for instance matching. I do it all the time and I've only ever ran into ONE bad apple. Just one out of so many times. Give it a shot. :)

    Or find a nice guild. If you were on PS4 I'd invite you to mine. I'm probably the biggest Tera noob in it but they are nice people and helpful. If you can find a good one they are helpful rather than elitists. I was worried to join one at first because I don't have as much playtime as I used to (job,family) but I'm glad I did.

    Lag is an issue. That's why there are channels. If you want to play solo swich to channel 4 or even 8. There will most likely be no one there fighting the mobs you're fighting nor any lag in Velika or highwatch. Since you stated you want to just enjoy the scenery and gather stuff, it shouldn't be an issue for you playing on channel 8 alone. For me personally I'd be disappointed that there was no other person there (kinda goes against the point of playing an MMO to me personally as I want to see/meet other people and do dungeons with them and such).

    As for name changes, I sincerely hope every active player gets to keep their name. That's a big deal to me too.

    I know my reply is super long too and I tried to be very civil (not all online players are jerks :) . I'm a pve player willing to welcome all PvP players as long as Tera enforces the fact that we have to enable PvP (in the options or a skill, doesn't matter). I believe that's how it works anyways. I don't want to lose PvP players; I'd rather them find a home on the new server and contribute to the community/economy/etc. And as most pvp people have stated, on the PvP servers there are groups that run pve things actively. Just because someone is a PvP players doesn't mean that's all they want to do.

    Also, when you correct someone's spelling (as you typed: "so your statement about free teleporting to "..a dungeons entance [sic] for pre made parties") makes you sound like an elitist too (a grammar elitist isn't much different than a game elitist as both come off as thinking they are superior to the other, and whether you meant it or not, that's how your post sounded). So the dude had a spelling error. It happens. They missed an apostrophe and misspelled 'instance', there was no reason to call them out on it like that. It's not a big deal and maybe English isn't even their native language? There are a lot of Spanish speakers on my server typing in Spanish all the time. I don't know what they're saying but it doesn't bother me at all.

    But with the way you wrote that and also the end of your post stating that "the conversation is concluded and was pointless and meaningless" shows you aren't really open to other people's opinions. It's not a very good mindset for an MMO (no offense intended).

    Have fun on Tera and good luck with your flying mount screenshots :)
  • To everyone worried about achievement hunting on a PvP server....if you switch off of channel 1 I can GUARANTEE you won't be bothered by anyone. You rarely see people on channel 1 anyway. I used to play on pc back when pvp was level 11 and up....even while leveling if you switched off of channel 1, 99% of the time no one bothered you. I dont understand why so many people are so hostile to something they admit they dont even understand. :shrug:
This discussion has been closed.