[TERA PC] Kaia’s War—the latest content update for TERA PC—is now live! This patch brings a host of improvements to PvP, including increased rewards for battleground victories and Civil Unrest: Velika. Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v92_notes

The aftermath of xigncode3

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    IxWolfie wrote: »
    Mouretsu wrote: »
    Honestly you lost me at Tera isn't p2w. Selling emp and cash shop items is the fastest way to get end game gear. Tera one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played. I also think your point about not bashing EME and discussing what they could be doing better is pretty worthless. What's the point of doing that if nothing you say is going to make a difference? Tera isn't some new game, It's been out YEARS now and EME has chosen to never really listen or give a damn what the player base says or wants.

Honestly, you lost me at "TERA is one of the most P2W mmo's I've ever played."... Please, go play any free to play MMO on Steam at all. Go seriously try out something like Vindictus, go try out Archeage... If you're comparing TERA to something like, let's say, Black Desert, Elder Scrolls Online, or World of Warcraft?

black desert is more p2w than tera ;)
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    Oh, it's this thread again. Are people still pretending XIGNCODE3 has affected TERA? That's cute. It's very clear how self-aware you guys are. You know that your use of XC as an excuse holds no merit in itself, so you have to bring up the other issues with this game to build your case. I get that TERA is in a poor state, but can you people just stop pretending XC has anything to do with it?
    Only if you stop pretending you have any facts backing your crap up when literally all you do is make claims. How about, you know, show those facts, if you want people to take you seriously. Basically, prove it.

Here's some facts:

Activity dropped down heavily after Xigncode.
    I know quite a few people who quit over it (literally) compared to your "absolutely zero" claim (so it's factually wrong already, your credibility is zero).

The correlation is pretty logical. Thus, arguments from people who say it's due to Xigncode have simply more legs to stand on than yours do, at this point.

But now you claim it wasn't Xigncode but something else that's the reason for the recent downfall, and speak as if your arguments have much more basis due to some delusion and belittle others'. So where's those facts of yours? Prove it or shut up.

But you won't, because people like you even ignore steam charts, they ignore any and all facts because "they're not complete". Science doesn't work that way pal. It will never be complete and yet it's still science. Perfection is not required, but any fact is better than zero (yours).
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Borsuc wrote: »
    Equitas wrote: »
    Oh, it's this thread again. Are people still pretending XIGNCODE3 has affected TERA? That's cute. It's very clear how self-aware you guys are. You know that your use of XC as an excuse holds no merit in itself, so you have to bring up the other issues with this game to build your case. I get that TERA is in a poor state, but can you people just stop pretending XC has anything to do with it?
    Only if you stop pretending you have any facts backing your crap up when literally all you do is make claims. How about, you know, show those facts, if you want people to take you seriously. Basically, prove it.

Here's some facts:

Activity dropped down heavily after Xigncode.
    I know quite a few people who quit over it (literally) compared to your "absolutely zero" claim (so it's factually wrong already, your credibility is zero).

The correlation is pretty logical. Thus, arguments from people who say it's due to Xigncode have simply more legs to stand on than yours do, at this point.

But now you claim it wasn't Xigncode but something else that's the reason for the recent downfall, and speak as if your arguments have much more basis due to some delusion and belittle others'. So where's those facts of yours? Prove it or shut up.

But you won't, because people like you even ignore steam charts, they ignore any and all facts because "they're not complete". Science doesn't work that way pal. It will never be complete and yet it's still science. Perfection is not required, but any fact is better than zero (yours).

XIGNCODE3 didnt affect me and I dont think it really affected anyone. I think that the ones complaining are just big coincidences and they had that problem way before XIGNCODE3 was even put. People are just making excuses right now just to bash on EME to hurt the game. Some left because they just saw people complaining to something that isnt a problem. I have to admit that the game right now is at its low point but using XIGNCODE3 as a reason is just stupid.

If you got affected by it that means ether you are cheating or you modded the hell out of the game that you broke it.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    RKC wrote: »
    and I dont think
    That's the problem.

Seriously though, what a classic case of Anecdotal Fallacy right there.

Besides the vast amount of users which had hardware configs or drivers conflicting with Xigncode (such as those using Sandboxie, yes not everyone uses their PC as a console just to play games like you do, mr. fallacious) on Windows, I can tell you which people were affected with 100% certainty: people who played from non-Windows OSes, like macOS and Linux.

Yes, those people played TERA NA (they probably moved to EU now, or just quit) and thus now TERA has at least 1 person less playing due to Xigncode (factually), but clearly there's way more than just 1.

With these facts in sight, @Equitas' claim that zero people have quit over Xigncode is not just lacking proof, it's factually wrong. Why would he have the audacity to think anything he says should be even considered above a mere claim that he belittles others for? He already lost all credibility. The only way to redeem his argument is by backing it up with facts, but he has never done so and never will.

Saying "EME doesn't share this info" is pointless. Lack of proof is not proof for non-existence. We can get a good idea from the steam charts though, at least the relative observation, not absolute numbers.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    game population was already low before XIGNCODE3

so i dont think XIGNCODE3 is the only reason why people quit, we already have so many problem before

for me XIGNCODE3 is only another reason among the reasons to quit tera
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know... maybe, just maybe, @Equitas is right, and Xigncode has nothing to do people's issues with the game.

That said, it's a hell of a coincidence for people to not be having major issues (like having their boot drive brick) until after Xigncode was installed. And for several people across several games to say the same things... look, the timing is pretty f**king convenient, is all I'm saying.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    You know... maybe, just maybe, @Equitas is right, and Xigncode has nothing to do people's issues with the game.

That said, it's a hell of a coincidence for people to not be having major issues (like having their boot drive brick) until after Xigncode was installed. And for several people across several games to say the same things... look, the timing is pretty f**king convenient, is all I'm saying.

Sorry but I don't know a case of Xigncode breaking "new hardware" the only complains I have seen is from people that were more probably had their hardware already damaged or with fabric defects and when they get an issue over a new driver or OS installed on their machines that makes them not being able to use their already damaged goods they try to convince others that was that new driver/software the cause of it.
  • I'm aware my case of my boot ssd bricking after a BSOD during the load bar of Xigncode is not a common occurrence, but it was expensive to replace, and really it was just the straw that broke the camels back for me. I don't cheat, i haven't modded my client. But it was just the final straw for me to walk away. I've been getting fed up with how the game has been handled since it went free to play, most of the people I played with have moved on, I enjoy what this game was trying to be, but over time it just never materialized. I love my mains, and the memories I made with this game but it a very hollow shell of the game it once was, and promised to be. I haven't found a replacement game, but I also haven't found the motivation to move back in, and obviously knowing the population is dwindling, nothing is being done to fix the underlying problems that caused it, and there's upcoming server mergers again. Feels like a sinking ship, and I'm leery of investing in something I feel is going to fail. I don't want it to fail, but I've just watched it do so many stupid things in the last 6 years.

I already passed on the reigns of the guild I built because my interest has been waning. they aren't doing anything interesting with the game. There is nothing to do but grind grind grind. No fun side quests anymore. can't be bothered with the lore because it's been chopped up. virtually none of my friends list has logged on in over a year. The new events are getting lamer and lamer. The cash shop is getting more in your face, any item worth while is behind a wall of rng. In the past I was dumb enough to spend 300 dollars on loot boxes just because i wanted costumes so bad on more than one occasion. Obviously that caught up with my financially and now I'm just not willing to put myself at risk like that again.

The magic is gone. We don't get new content anymore, we get reskinned old content. This game is in maintenance mode now. They will pump out the same old same until people stop paying for it, dump it and find another cash grab.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Sorry but I don't know a case of Xigncode breaking "new hardware" the only complains I have seen is from people that were more probably had their hardware already damaged or with fabric defects and when they get an issue over a new driver or OS installed on their machines that makes them not being able to use their already damaged goods they try to convince others that was that new driver/software the cause of it.

Again, the timing sure is convenient from where I'm sitting. Everything was fine until Xigncode came along? Coincidence? Possibly, but it does make one raise an eyebrow.

Also, it's entirely possible for a new patch/driver to complete f**k up your system when it had no prior issues. Happens, well... pretty much all the time these days. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why one of the steps to resolving a PC issue is to see if you can roll back a recently installed driver (not the first step, mind, but a step nonetheless).
  • edited August 2018

Again, the timing sure is convenient from where I'm sitting. Everything was fine until Xigncode came along? Coincidence? Possibly, but it does make one raise an eyebrow.

Also, it's entirely possible for a new patch/driver to complete f**k up your system when it had no prior issues. Happens, well... pretty much all the time these days. I'm pretty sure there's a reason why one of the steps to resolving a PC issue is to see if you can roll back a recently installed driver (not the first step, mind, but a step nonetheless).

FWIW, our version of XIGNCODE doesn't install a system driver (doesn't even run as Admin), an on first launch it seems to just do a full-scan of the files. Of course, literally anything -- or nothing -- can trigger a hardware failure. But in this case, the stuff that XIGNCODE is doing is pretty mild (which is arguably why it's completely ineffective, but that's another story).
    I'm just saying, I can see both sides. And I'll go ahead and admit that I lean more towards the "Xigncode is Xigncr*p" party myself (partly because the game feels a bit more bloated than usual, and this is post-Xigncode), but if it all just happens to be a poorly-timed coincidence - this is TERA after all, where the game feels more unstable with each big patch - then there it is.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

FWIW, our version of XIGNCODE doesn't install a system driver (doesn't even run as Admin), an on first launch it seems to just do a full-scan of the files. Of course, literally anything -- or nothing -- can trigger a hardware failure. But in this case, the stuff that XIGNCODE is doing is pretty mild (which is arguably why it's completely ineffective, but that's another story).

It doesn't appear to now. On the very first day, there was a mixed bag of results, but there were definitely some people, including myself that got the full installation of Xigncode as a system driver.

Either way, the damage for Xigncode was done as soon as someone mentioned rootkit, which triggered a similar response amongst quite a number of players as when the chat bug happened and got associated with downloading malware (you could definitely pull remote content, which was bad enough).

As Penguins already said tho, the people that cared about Xigncode installed the bypass that was made before the patch was released so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This discussion has been closed.