We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Spiteful Dyads , incorrect translation.

So,
Where to begin ?

I recently started seeing some Mystics running around doing guardians by using spiteful dyads instead of bitters despite the fact that Mystic's skills count as melee for some odd reason.

I want to remind you that the description of spiteful and bitter niveots is the following :

043b944020.png

40c4a3c6b9.png

Up to this point there's nothing weird, right ?
Spiteful provides a 1.44 crit power multiplier from behind and from the sides while executing ranged attacks while Bitter provides the same multiplier but only from behind , be the attack a ranged one or a melee one....making the first type of crystal be preferred by ranged classes and the second one by melee classes.

The description of any Spiteful dyad though is a little bit different :

65b1fa8ac2.png

This crystal now appearently provides a 1.52 crit power multiplier ( which is fine because it's a dyad , bitter's multiplier is the same ) whenever attacking from behind , from the side OR from range.
This implies that as long as the attack satisfies at least one of these 3 conditions the multiplier should be applied to my damage, correct ?
This also implies that the skill casted does not necessairely have to be a ranged skill as it's enough for it to hit a mob from the side or from behind....or if you want....it implies that even if attacked from the front I would still be able to get said multiplier applied to my skill's damage as long as said ability is a ranged one.

I did run some tests on my mystic to test whether or not this was true by casting sleep on IoD's nagas , popping motes behind them and making them explode ; as such , all the damage you are going to see comes from back attacks ( keep in mind that we only have to take critical ones' damage into account ) .

Let's start with a normal bitter niveot

f27b00a862.png

7fd269d726.png

As you can see my average crits range from 3.23 millions to 4.45

Now let's test the same thing out with a spiteful dyad

6b5940f3da.png

f3e56176ea.png

bc8bc22ac8.png

As you can see now the results vary from 2.24 millions to 3.46 , quite a different result for a crystal that according to its description should simply just be plain better.

Please, EN Masse...fix this translation issue as soon as possible as it's obvious from these tests that spiteful dyads work the same way as niveots ( aka only if using a ranged skill and only by making it land from behind or from the side ) ; this kind of wrong information may confuse new players or people who are new to the class or even just to using dyads instead of niveots.
I shouldn't even need to make a post about these things, honestly.

Comments

• DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭
    You didn't had to go that far, this has been a thing for years so it's really nothing new.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Can you imagine wasting a spiteful dyad like that? The pain when you figure out it's bad?

This seems a niche quality of life change, that wouldn't affect a LOT of people. But it seems like a really nice thing to do for those people in that niche.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    There are many other translation errors on s tool tips and glyphs that En Masse has yet to fix. :disappointed:
  • NikuroTega wrote: »
    There are many other translation errors on s tool tips and glyphs that En Masse has yet to fix. :disappointed:
    If you're willing to report those ones in the same way the above has been reported, I'll be happy to send that over to our writing / translation Teams for review, so that they can be changed to be more accurate.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if this fits in this thread, but a lot of pop-up tutorial text when you start playing a new character is out-of-date/obsolete. They still talk about campfires, and charms, and other things that aren't in the game anymore. I don't have any screen shots, but you should be able to get most of them to pop up within your first 5 minutes on Stepstone Isle
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    If you're willing to report those ones in the same way the above has been reported, I'll be happy to send that over to our writing / translation Teams for review, so that they can be changed to be more accurate.

Errors like these are often reported like the above with the supporting evidence not long after the content is released. This Spiteful error is one such case reported two years ago when you could start making them.

Why should we files the reports now when they were already evidenced two years ago but not actioned?
  • Sorry. Mote explosion is melee damage.Spiteful only works for ranged abilities, so pretty much only boomerang pulse and sharan bolt.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Why should we files the reports now when they were already evidenced two years ago but not actioned?

Because unlike before, someone says they're actually going to look into it now. That's basically the only reason.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭

Because unlike before, someone says they're actually going to look into it now. That's basically the only reason.

This. I had a nice little chat with Cobalt previously about some of Elleon's old text from Castanica, which would reference things no longer in the game, and he had them fix it.

They also fixed an identity crisis in Highwatch after I reported it. A Baraka was pulling quotes from Aman sound bites, rather than Baraka. After Cobalt responded to my ticket, a day later, the Baraka was pulling from the correct sound bites. Imagine hearing a Baraka saying "AMANI POWER!" when you talk to it, lol.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

As in, because now someone directly said they'll look into it, AND it's something right under En Masse's supervision, so the stars align marvelously.

I recall when I saw a post about skills triggering out of nowhere on any unrelated key press, we (the forum community) got quite involved in trying to replicate the conditions of it and did a very detailed report on each class which I compiled, after we've heard from En Masse that they would like to see a detailed report on that so it makes it easier to track down.
    Well, made a thread of it on bug report (we still have that?), support ticket bug report, and that thread that started it, and all I got was like a "thank you we'll look into it" on the ticket, and hope from the playerbase. The bug report thread was entirely left to die and so was the issue, up until I still played decently enough (I did make an Elin Gunner and had quite some fun with her DESPITE THAT ANNOYING BUG), I had this issue. No high expectations in logging in now to see it fixed.