An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

Comments

• @CobaltDragon I go back along time. From alpha Tera on PC with my boyfriend. We quit after there was nothing else to do. Max lv 60, did both free to play and pay to play, even got my golden wep skins for the first news letter.

I don't know what I was thinking when Tera came out for the ps4 tbh. But the game was not only launched with 80% LESS content then teras alpha release on PC but it's nothing but cash shop this, cute things to buy that and yet no GvG... @FrostyDivine is my GM on Nyxarras and a damn fine one at that.

I can measure someone accurately because I was an officer in man up, nerdrage and THE L E G I O N from back in the days. I see this game dying an even more horrible death when BDO gets released on console. Believe it or not, most people enjoy a good PvP. When you took away the ability to hunt by moving outlaw to 65 we were both dissatisfied beyond belief.

When Tera on console came out without even a simple GvG system? Disgusted would fit best. My bf and I have uninstalled Tera until it's the bloodthirsty PvP skill based game it once was. If not, then oh wells. Ah, one last note. Merging two dead PvP servers will result is nothing. Add a pve server and you might get something.

We will be watching to see what changes but knowing enmasse we don't expect much. Sorry you had to learn here @FrostyDivine I've just grown bored of the lack of content and the disrespect enmasse continues to show it's player base. If and well, let's just say "when" enmasse's lil cash grab ends in failure hit me n sabo up on BDO. Ah right, I'd rather stay in op but if you need the space you do what u gotta do. You got my cell @FrostyDivine

Let me know if this turns into a real game or remains the same garbage.
  • edited August 2018
    I am critshot- from EU PS Skull and I am strongly against on a EU perspective since this hasn’t been discussed at all on the original post and I believe that’s wrong as it effects us greatly also.

I’ve heard multiple times that having just 1 giant server would not be plausible which would require compromise that compromise happened on PC where a pve server merged into the pvp servers to bring some activity into the pvp servers and am strongly against this.

On EU we have 4 pve servers and 2 pvp same as NA the difference been the only active pve servers are maligos and Skull the other 2 are on “medium” population along with the pvp servers this would mean if EU followed N/A and merged a pve server with a pvp server that would take away a lot of much needed population from the pve servers and you’d get just get a dead pve and pvp server which would achieve nothing.

Also, I know a lot of people chose a pve server not because they dislike pvp but they dislike the toxicity of a pvp server and the people it brings which I believe is why in every mmo pvp servers are dead. PvP is a mindset and a edgy lifestyle when you created a character at the very beginning you knew how it was going to go ESPECIALLY you pc players who are now on console.

You bring a group of pvpers and a group of PvE'ers together and I can assure you in no time at all you’ll get the constant area spam of “1v1 me pve scrub” and god knows what else which will most likely drive the rest of the population away from the game.

Finally, pvp is as the original post states is dead which means the vast majority of people physically selected PVE why then force them into a PvP server when they clearly don’t want to regardless of how many “tribes” you get to sign the document?

TLDR, don’t mess with the merge on EU you’ve got too many people hoping this will reignite the flame of tera for them if you mess it up and start mix matching or anything away from what the developers originally stated will cause a severe back lash.
  • What they should have done is keep draco as is, merge the other 3 pve servers, and merge the 2 pvp servers. People in PVP servers are only upset because their new server seems small relative to the new PVE server. If instead they announced they are merging the 2 PVP servers and nothing else, the PVP servers would be rejoicing right now.

Draco was doing fine and I honestly don't really want to be in an overpopulated server which means more lag and blue screens. I already get annoyed having to change channel once in a while in Thulsa. I have already encountered lots of little bugs while leveling my first character in Draco recently that I never have in Thulsa and I'm 99% sure it's due to being on a very full channel.

This all or nothing mentality people have when running businesses needs to stop. Went from adding 3 more servers for absolutely no reason when 3 was fine to begin with to cutting it down to 2 servers total. Instead of being prepared to take advantage of the times when the population will come back during new patches, they instead will have people return to a lagfest and uninstall again immediately.
  • RinkyRinky ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    @FFLNLHA9RD With all that said, what are your thoughts about server transfers? Those are coming if this mega server doesn't happen.
    Additionally we are not forcing anyone into a PVP server, we are the PVP server looking to get into the PVE server. The post on page 1 would explain what we are actually trying to accomplish here. Although I do appreciate some feedback from an EU player. They seem to not be very vocal with the situation.
  • Im EU Pvp server.

Even if only the pvp sever would merge it would be completly meaningless.

It isnt envy of big pve servers.
    It is that our servers are dead and the serve we shall Merge with has no Players on it.

If anything im trying to find a compromise.
    I myself dont care for PvP anymore and want to go pve server.

But im not everyone.

The sane thing to do is to Advocate for a solution that would make everyone happy
  • Hi, im Saeros, i play on zyrnaxis (pvp server on ps4 EU).
    I full agree with this post!!!!!! We want to play in a server with more people
  • edited August 2018
    I’m against it atleast on Xbox NA. I can name atleast one account on Vesporax that has 15m+ gold and has not been banned from doing the gunner glitch, so knowing that there may be more. I feel bad for the players that feel like they are trapped on a dead server. I just don’t want the economy to be ruined on the new server by someone(s) who slipped by the ban wave.
  • RJTWAWRJCW wrote: »
    I’m against it atleast on Xbox NA. I can name atleast one account on Vesporax that has 15m+ gold and has not been banned from doing the gunner glitch, so knowing that there may be more. I feel bad for the players that feel like they are trapped on a dead server. I just don’t want the economy to be ruined on the new server by someone(s) who slipped by the ban wave.

I doubt it. Also, server transfers.
  • Just adding to this.
    We dont have a Economy.
    No one to sell to, nothing to buy.
  • edited August 2018
    > @Rinky said:
    > RJTWAWRJCW wrote: »
    >
    > I’m against it atleast on Xbox NA. I can name atleast one account on Vesporax that has 15m+ gold and has not been banned from doing the gunner glitch, so knowing that there may be more. I feel bad for the players that feel like they are trapped on a dead server. I just don’t want the economy to be ruined on the new server by someone(s) who slipped by the ban wave.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I doubt it. Also, server transfers.

Suryati I mean not Vesporax. I know the name of one guy that did the gunner box exploit. The only concern I have of PvP merging with PvE servers is it would ruin our economy since I KNOW there are accounts out there with tens of millions of gold that didn't get perma banned.

Just speaking for the guild Real which is the number 1 server on Smulch which is the highest population server on Xbox NA servers.
  • And Your sure pve had all people banned?
    It seems to me a shady Argument for this discussion.
    Just cuz they failed to ban one account that u know of and u havnt reported i guess.

Btw u can Horde alot of gold with out that glitch on pvp since we hardly have anything to buy.
  • You couldn’t do the gold glitch on any of the pve servers. He just admitted it in a party chat with us we invited him too on a dungeon queue.
  • I have over 15m gold on characters I started from scratch on the servers that are going away. Making that much gold is far easier than I had thought.

Do mat gathering and throw things on the auction house along with doing dailies and selling the stuff you get and it ads up quick. (Some things never sell, but the ones that do make enough to pay quite a bit.)

These are the low population servers that are going away too!
  • And I don't even know what the Gunner exploit is, so I definitely didn't get a bonus from that.
This discussion has been closed.