[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Idea: Climb Down Ladders

So as we all know, there is no way [atm] to climb down ladders. I've voiced my opinion in-game and on reddit, but it seems that no one cares to take the effort to act on it.

I'm proposing a feature that allows you to climb down ladders. You would just press F+S at the top of a ladder, and you would start descending down it. Honestly, I don't see a reason for why this hasn't been added yet. Yeah, merchants sell featherlight potions that reduce your fall damage, and Castanics have a passive fall damage reduction, but those don't eliminate the problem. That's like someone telling you to drink soup with a fork [featherlight potions] or use your hands [Castanics] when you could just as easily grab a spoon from 10 feet away.

Would love to hear your guys' thoughts!

Comments

• They don’t climb down ladders in Korea obviously. It’s more fun to just jump off.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    There just isn't really a point. It seems logical that this would be in the game, but truthfully no one would use it anyway.

It's one of those things that should've been there from the beginning, but if they added it now everyone would just be like, "why?"
  • Kirasaka wrote: »
    they dont know how to code it into the game lol. Thats the only reason its never been added.

I dont see how it would be that much harder than how they coded climbing up ladders lol (then again, I know nothing about coding)
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're asking way too much from these devs. These're the same people who had to be convinced to add a walking feature into the game, because they didn't see why anyone would want that. Sometimes I wonder if Bluehole's dev team are actually aliens who've observed life on earth from afar but never interacted with it. They have a snapshot idea of how humans behave, but no practical experience, and their knowledge of cities and towns comes entirely from photographs of empty towns, which is why we have chairs but we cannot sit in them, and we had guild housing that was literally just buildings to stand around inside of. There's no interactivity in this game at all unless you count greets, which usually just [filtered] people off.

And now you're expecting them to let us climb DOWN? As opposed to just UP?
    Madman.
    Absolute mad man.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castanics eating soup with their hands is definitely faster than a spoon or even a big serving scoop

~back to it~
    Yeah, I've been through the "Y U NO CLIMB DOWN!" moments too at start and searched around how to do it, when it got to me that "nope lol" I've seen the suggestions threads on old forums a few years ago... and what they did? "hehe now die of height". Yeah. This. If you new here, be aware for curiosity that fall damage would actually stop at 1 HP so you could not die from fall even if you almost died. But nah now you can.
    Only benefit I can think of is if you got stuck somewhere, you can [filtered] by jumping off some places and get teleported back to resurrection spot.

So, yeah they didn't bother with this for years and it will stay likely forever as an internal meme.

Also this is among the most precise descriptions of BHS's work on TERA... Heck I bet even PUBG:
    Kirasaka wrote: »
    they dont know how to code it into the game lol. Thats the only reason its never been added.

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always wondered why they didn't add the climb down feature when we had to climb the ladder in the iod for the plant on top, and then in sm going to the vampires.
  • YapuYapu
    edited August 2018
    BHS will need effort to create new animation from standing to climbing down position.
    And then before proceeding, they need to realize the worth:
    Is this a high priority request? No
    Will climb down affect the game play? No
    Will climb down gives us more players? No
    Are we proceeding with the request? ...

My thoughts only. Lol
  • Yapu wrote: »
    BHS will need effort to create new animation from standing to climbing down position.
    And then before proceeding, they need to realize the worth:
    Is this a high priority request? No
    Will climb down affect the game play? No
    Will climb down gives us more players? No
    Are we proceeding with the request? ...

My thoughts only. Lol

you're right :cookie:
  • After 6 years I don't think BHS is going to make climb down a thing.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    You can climb down though, if you start at the bottom and go up abit

Anyway it would be entirely pointless to do it, Jumping is safer and no ladders kill you. If one does, then your fault for jumping at half health. It's a waste of resources to do it
  • maybe they could add them into RNG boxes for the online shop and make some money with it, good idea!
    NEW CLIMB DOWN FUNCTION LOOTBOX 4,99! CLIMB DOWN TODAY!
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »

Anyway it would be entirely pointless to do it, Jumping is safer and no ladders kill you. If one does, then your fault for jumping at half health. It's a waste of resources to do it

...you do mean for a Castanic right? (well, obviously).
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »

...you do mean for a Castanic right? (well, obviously).

Every ladder is spefically height designed so jumping is non lethal for everyone...even the one in the Elenea area is split into two so yoh can jump down safely

If you dieto a jump, your fault...simple as

+ flying monts are a thing now sooooooo