[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

Comments

• RJTWAWRJCW wrote: »
    You couldn’t do the gold glitch on any of the pve servers. He just admitted it in a party chat with us we invited him too on a dungeon queue.

you need to be right before you just post something. I know people on pve server who got banned doing it..
  • Hi there, if you look at the EU servers 3 out of the 4 PVE servers are at a high population at the moment. I DO NOT WANT all these servers to be rolled into 1!!
  • They cant transfer us yet... They could unbind our items so that way we could choose where we want to go claim them and or start fresh until the transfers are possible this way no one really loses what they spent.
  • @RJTWAWRJCW jsyk its against forum rules to call out peoples gamertags/ign/witchhunting in general.
  • Sorry, no. Merging the PvE and PvP servers is a bad idea.

They signed for PvP based play and if the majority of players want PvE and signed for PvE, they should not have to suffer the toxicity of the PvP community.

Keep PvE and PvP seperate.
  • Personally in my opinion they should be kept separate. I signed for pve that's all I play now is pve but if they merge them together I want either a transfer or my stuff unbound so that I can start on the pve server.

They do need to at least give the pvp players more activities/events that will keep them going and maybe draw new and old players back into the game.
  • SoyTheSauceSoyTheSauce ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Im actually offended that u call pvp more Toxic than pve.

Ive played more than one mmo and went pve here and pvp there.

Humans + internet tend to get toxic no matter the content.
    Even if its just facebook.

And i wish people would read the thread bevor saying yeah or nay.
    Its a discussion.

We arent asking for very much.
    Some even want to abandon PvP in total.
    Some give costructive ideals how everybody could be happy.

For some people the game is unplayable atm.

If its an Consolidation i dont think it will happen.
  • Alynia wrote: »
    Sorry, no. Merging the PvE and PvP servers is a bad idea.

They signed for PvP based play and if the majority of players want PvE and signed for PvE, they should not have to suffer the toxicity of the PvP community.

Keep PvE and PvP seperate.

What is your plan of action when server transfers happen, and the PVP players transfer to the PVE server anyways?
  • People should of switched to PvE when they noticed the pvp servers were dying.
  • stoicthevaststoicthevast ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    > @RJTWAWRJCW said:
    > People should of switched to PvE when they noticed the pvp servers were dying.

So we shouldve just left all our gear and gold and feat points behind?
  • edited August 2018
    So I've struggled with whether or not to give my opinion on this matter.

Generally speaking I am not a fan of the idea of one "pve" server. If the server had no type (pve or pvp) I would be more likely to support it.

Why no sever type? Because if I'm a new player and I login to see 1 sever labeled pve... Chance is as a pvp mmo player I would just delete the game. Because I want pvp/pve content not just pve.

With that said... a server labeled pvp will attract like-minded players to the same place. On xbox NA the two pvp severs made up 90% of the battle grounds. Vesporax proved this when they got upset over bans and protested, Cs/Fwc have not popped since. So @Rinky and others have the idea that if we were all in the same area chat we could organize better. Issue is that does not change the number of pvp players and people of like mind that want that true end game content with both good pvp as well as pve. We tried for two weeks via discord to get more pve severs involved and to q and out of 5 active sever reps (3pve/2pvp severs) spamming area chat at the same times and it still would not pop. So is spamming area chat under one roof really going to fix this? Mainly a merge into one would only really help the pvp players be able to group pve better (which lfg will fix when it comes) and maybe a stronger econ. I don't see it fixing a pvp scene though, if any thing it would help current players but do nothing for the future of pvp I fear.

@CobaltDragon @Halrath if you want my experienced opinion either way this goes. You need more advertising pvp/battle grounds, maybe better jackpots and loser rewards too. I don't think having one pve server will fix. So please for the love of god at least label it something else other than pve/pvp.

Either way this post shows the urgency to save a great pvp mmo from losing its player base.

Note to pve players:
    There is no real open world pk . It starts only at lvl65 vs another lvl65.. Island of dawn is a safe haven. So people getting ganked is really low. If it did become one pvp server (not labeled!) You wouldn't even know the difference. The best thing I use the outlaw skill for is watching health bars in duels lol.

We are not all toxic... We don't role play, but are actually really good at pve too lol.

-cheers
    LoadedGamer (L.G)
  • @stoicthevast Yeah man sucks to suck
  • @RJTWAWRJCW oh my bad. I just dismantle all my [filtered] then. Thanks for the tip!
  • FE3HMYHKWJFE3HMYHKWJ United Kingdom
    hello guys I main a mystic in the PS4 EU pvp server arzakaar, and I can see a lot of you are totally missing the point, I can tell you that currently in my server there is only 1 party clearing RMHM daily , it makes it really hard to get them recipes and if we do and they are not for our classes, who do we sell/trade the with? ourselves? we are not asking to make 1 big pvp server because the open world pvp just does not exist at the moment, I think op here is asking to merge us into a even bigger pve community that would benefit everyone regarding economy and gear advance. anyway looking forward to meet all zyrnaxis players soon we will organize a huge battle royale in VO to celebrate the merge!! xD
  • Zyrnaxis vs arzakaar
    Or a merger group vs. Our own Shadows
This discussion has been closed.