There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

Calendar

Anyone else notice the calendar being absolutely bad ever since the Anniversary event ended?

No scales, no gold finger tokens, just stuff we already get for completing Vangaurd requests..........

Comments

• KirasakaKirasaka ✭✭✭
    New innerwear came recently and new dragons coming soon. They dont want people to get tokens towards them for free so they can push people towards buying them on the cash store instead of earning them via ingame methods.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    what do you mean you don't need hundreds of items that are literally useless??? ENTITLED MUCH? there are starving children in detroit that need those 1 hour ccb's because they can't afford the 3 gold for a 12 hour one!!!
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm being honest, the calendar lately makes it not worth even logging in; other than to maintain your login buff. The rewards that it used to have were so much better.
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭✭
    I don't even pay attention to the rewards, I just click "Get" (or whatever the button is). My biggest problem is that it doesn't take the item half the time. I have to wait another day or 2 before I can finally collect the calendar reward. I don't think anyone has much room to complain, though. They shouldn't be handing out rewards just for logging in in the first place. At least people get something from it.
  • edited August 3
    Equitas wrote: »
    I don't even pay attention to the rewards, I just click "Get" (or whatever the button is). My biggest problem is that it doesn't take the item half the time. I have to wait another day or 2 before I can finally collect the calendar reward. I don't think anyone has much room to complain, though. They shouldn't be handing out rewards just for logging in in the first place. At least people get something from it.

It's something that encourages you to come back the next day. That is the whole point of these log in rewards. So you're saying they shouldn't encourage the players to log in? I know of plenty of MMOs that do this. It's a nice welcome to the game and rewards you for consective days logged in....... You log in you get the said item/s and you get a buff for doing so.
    The Calendar bug with not being able to claim items I've experienced a long with everyone else probably. That is annoying and seeing as it's not fixed means it's not high on the fix list.

The point is in my original post is that the said log in items are something you can get from completing the vangaurd quests.
    While it IS something, its a terrible nerf to what we were getting before as I noted with the Anniversary mention in my post. Up until that ended, the Calendar log ins were pretty good. Since then it has been on a decline and has stooped to the vangaurd level of rewards.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    I cant claim any item on the calendar after few days lol
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minazuki wrote: »

The simple version of the bug is that you have to login before 5pm PDT each day (or after 1am PDT). Most likely if you login during that window, you will also be able to claim previous days when you did login. The period of time between 5pm and 1am is a "broken time" for the calendar due to a still-unfixed bug related to timezone conversion. Still waiting for BHS to fix it...
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Minazuki wrote: »

The simple version of the bug is that you have to login before 5pm PDT each day (or after 1am PDT). Most likely if you login during that window, you will also be able to claim previous days when you did login. The period of time between 5pm and 1am is a "broken time" for the calendar due to a still-unfixed bug related to timezone conversion. Still waiting for BHS to fix it...

Thanks
  • Thanks for the feedback on the calendar everyone!

What would you like to see other than the dragon scales and gold finger tokens?
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback on the calendar everyone!

The dragon scales and goldfinger tokens
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback on the calendar everyone!

Basically we want things that are actually useful or interesting; bravery/dragon scales/goldfingers/nocs are fine, but.. 5 1 hour crystalbinds is actually just a waste of inventory space, when you can get one that lasts 12 times as long for 3 gold. health pots? rejuv pots? i guess those are okay for people who mainly play solo content? Travel journal that is not possible to delete or bank is just a completely wasted inventory spot for everyone who is elite, so not only is it not a bonus, it's actively a waste of inventory space for a few days if you accidentally claim it. The friendly feasts with no lamb are not very useful, but they're kind of funny to have i guess? at least they aren't actively offensive.

Personally I think the calendar is a perfect place to show off all the fun character customization tera has - maybe 1 day costumes or a loot box that drops a random 1 day costume, elite people used to frequently get 1-day smart boxes, a very long time ago.

Temporary size/shape changers and other fun items (fireworks, water baloons, self confidence potions, etc) could be good too.

Basically, I want items that I can either use or have fun with, and not items which i just immediately discard or which waste inventory space and will never be used.

I remember seeing someone on an eme stream saying they wanted us to be excited about the calendar rewards, and I agree. It's always fun when we get, for instance, a 1 day duck costume and the entire server is full of ducks for the day. It makes me want to log in. 1 hour crystal binds make me groan and immediately discard them.
  • Metamorphic emblems maybe 1-2k a month?
  • Phargo and trade broker x5
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    Phargo and trade broker x5

Or at least add these merchants back into the Fashion Coupon shop, or some other merchant with a set gold price.