We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

Boosting

With more new dungeons releasing requiring more extravagant gear just to be even considered for entry, specific chase items like crit mounts and, to a lesser extent, BiS undies are becoming more and more of a requirement these days.

At this point, BHS/EME might as well add various boosters that can be obtained with EMP into the store. One that increases item XP, another that increases gold rewards from Vanguard requests, maybe make Master Additives direct-buy, and so on. Might as well go b*lls deep and save everyone's time, I say.

What about you guys?

Comments

• SageWindu wrote: »
    With more new dungeons releasing requiring more extravagant gear just to be even considered for entry, specific chase items like crit mounts and, to a lesser extent, BiS undies are becoming more and more of a requirement these days.

At this point, BHS/EME might as well add various boosters that can be obtained with EMP into the store. One that increases item XP, another that increases gold rewards from Vanguard requests, maybe make Master Additives direct-buy, and so on. Might as well go b*lls deep and save everyone's time, I say.

What about you guys?

Item XP boosts coming to the TERA PC store and to elite players next Thursday, August 16 - details next week after Guardians of the Sky goes live.
  • STALKERrulesSTALKERrules ✭✭✭
    edited August 10
    You should really consider add some gold/silver talent boxes to the delver coin shop and highlight low lvl dungeons to give us a reason to run them. Or adding Gold/silver plates to the Loot table of 446 and high dungeons....
  • TJukurenTJukuren ✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »

What about you guys?

Item XP boosts coming to the TERA PC store and to elite players next Thursday, August 16 - details next week after Guardians of the Sky goes live.

The problem was never item exp to begin with. It's the insane cost of materials and gold per attempt that's killing everyone. I have yet to see anyone in game complain saying "Man, I really need an item exp boost.", It's more like "Man, I really wish we didn't have to give up our first born child for one enchantment attempt."
  • XP boosts to buy?!?! XP is basically worthless when the percentage is 27%...when I have not enchanted my lance since march and my xp is 10 times over and the lance is still failing to +8...
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    What gives you the idea that putting something like this in the cash shop is a good idea and what the playerbase wants? Holy COW En Masse has really lost touch with reality. We want a way to progress less painfully legitimately in game without having to swipe. Item XP boosts won't even help with the issues at hand anyway- even with max ixp a lot of items don't go over 25% success rate. This is absolutely absurd. Just take a step back and review this information you've given us.
    Players: Eme/Bhs, it's way to hard to get the materials for enchanting over and over because even with max ixp, enchant success is still very low. Please make it less expensive to enchant or make odds of enchanting higher.
    Eme: Here's your CASH SHOP ixp boosters that won't ease the pain of high level enchanting because at max ixp your odds wont go above 25% with it. Don't you love it?

• MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    What gives you the idea that putting something like this in the cash shop is a good idea and what the playerbase wants? Holy COW En Masse has really lost touch with reality. We want a way to progress less painfully legitimately in game without having to swipe. Item XP boosts won't even help with the issues at hand anyway- even with max ixp a lot of items don't go over 25% success rate. This is absolutely absurd. Just take a step back and review this information you've given us.
    Players: Eme/Bhs, it's way to hard to get the materials for enchanting over and over because even with max ixp, enchant success is still very low. Please make it less expensive to enchant or make odds of enchanting higher.
    Eme: Here's your CASH SHOP ixp boosters that won't ease the pain of high level enchanting because at max ixp your odds wont go above 25% with it. Don't you love it?

If they make it hard to get in game you will complain too, For those who have elite already lucky them but 25% ixp boost ain't much just look at how much 50% gives. well i don't care.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »

It's like they didn't get the irony so they went like "YOHOO They finally want the same as us!! Milk 'em up!!"
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    This is not a good idea, we dont need more p2w stuff
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SageWindu , best troll attempt at eme in a while and successful one. congrats. may the Force be with you young master
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11
    kubitoid wrote: »
    best troll attempt at eme in a while and successful one. congrats. may the Force be with you young master

Honestly, I'm torn between "he didn't realize it was sarcastic" and "he did realize it was sarcastic by posted it anyway as a sort of dark humor given that it's really happening". Given who we're talking about, it truthfully wouldn't surprise me if it were the latter.

And yeah, the whole "create the problem, sell the solution" aspect to this is a bit hateful, even though that's what you could argue XP Boosts always were in this game until they trivialized the leveling process (and thus rendered them mostly pointless). The way they've implemented this "endless upgrade" gear system, where the later tiers just get progressively more and more insanely-priced, is not sustainable. (Noted they already walked back a tiny bit of the insanity in K-TERA.) And yeah, maybe in some universe Item XP could be part of the solution (if you get to 100% Item XP, you get 100% enchant chance?), but until then...
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    The only way item xp boosters would be worth it is if item xp either didn't have a cap or if excess xp reduced material costs.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    @counterpoint @kubitoid
    Would either of you be surprised if I told you I was being serious?

The escalating gear progression is getting to the point where your equipment needs astronomical stats just to break even with the game itself (query: still think we don't need a level cap increase?). And with the gear itself being a significant hurdle in that, I say the higher-ups should just cut the s**t and give us (applicable) boosters to buy outright. Not an ideal fix, of course (the entire gearing and loot system would need to be overhauled in that case), but it'd be slightly less of a headache since it would allow people to get more done in less time - for a small fee, of course.