[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

I did Pit of Petrax legitimately and I want my mask.

Comments

• How did you start the fight with full willpower, I thought the buff went away after you teleported into the dungeon?
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    jongbae wrote: »
    Sadly, this is the OLD pit of petrax so even if it's legit, the old pit had lower HP poll. Pit got changed to fit the leaderboard challenge so....

It's not, it's the run that's on the FF leaderboard right now. I even went through the trouble of counting up all the damage numbers in the video and adding them up in the description, you're welcome to verify that they are accurate. The unglitched gunner Petrax in the current version of the game has something like 78m HP, where in the video I did about 84m. No post on this forum would be complete without someone who doesn't know what they're talking about chiming in, would it?

Edit: As further proof, pretty sure there wasn't even a "new record"/leaderboard popup on the old Petrax. It did exist in the previous season, but that season had the same HP total as this one anyway, so the point about the HP being incorrect is still wrong. My highest score in the original season was like 10 or 11 seconds, since this was a 6s run, it's clearly from this season.
    Piltover wrote: »
    How did you start the fight with full willpower, I thought the buff went away after you teleported into the dungeon?

It is explained in the video description.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    If this change is due to an exploit then masks from PvP shouldn't be handed out either
  • Digivolve wrote: »
    If this change is due to an exploit then masks from PvP shouldn't be handed out either

the exploit they're aware of is pit-specific. yes, there are tons of other exploits for all the other leaderboards, but ememe doesn't really understand those.
  • ElessedilElessedil United States ✭✭
    Arnetra wrote: »
    In reference to https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28311/pit-of-petrax-leaderboards-rewards.

I recorded my current rank 1 run, so you're free to verify that it was done legitimately. There is no reason whatsoever I shouldn't be given the reward I was promised and earned. I'll be filing a ticket and waiting for a mask token in the mail of my gunner if I'm still rank 1 at the postponed end of the season.

they aint gonna give u [filtered]...as per my ticket, they can't give the reward manually. pretty [filtered] up [filtered] pisses me off.
  • iljdiljd ✭✭
    gj you still abused a willpower bug in game, grats on ur mask!!

lol what a joke
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    iljd wrote: »

lol what a joke

Not sure why this would be abusing a bug, it's a mechanic in the game anyone can utilize; casting bombardment and BV always resets your willpower timer, it's clearly not an accident they included that behavior on those skills, use them in any context and your willpower buff timer resets, so why would it be abuse to make use of that behavior? I even spelled out exactly how to use it in the video desciption, and told another guy it was explained there. Just because you're too dumb to use a game mechanic doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be used.

I'd really rather not put in the effort to argue against such clearly uniformed viewpoints, but I have no faith in the community or EME team to be able to realize how stupid some of the crap that gets said here is. The only "jokes" here are people like you and that other dude who post their opinions without bothering to look into even the slightest details of what they're talking about.
  • Arnetra wrote: »

lol what a joke

Not sure why this would be abusing a bug, it's a mechanic in the game anyone can utilize; casting bombardment and BV always resets your willpower timer, it's clearly not an accident they included that behavior on those skills, use them in any context and your willpower buff timer resets, so why would it be abuse to make use of that behavior? I even spelled out exactly how to use it in the video desciption, and told another guy it was explained there. Just because you're too dumb to use a game mechanic doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be used.

I'd really rather not put in the effort to argue against such clearly uniformed viewpoints, but I have no faith in the community or EME team to be able to realize how stupid some of the crap that gets said here is. The only "jokes" here are people like you and that other dude who post their opinions without bothering to look into even the slightest details of what they're talking about.

Yeah, and the people that make the rules, you know, the ones you just called dumb, can decide that your technique is not working as intended, which then makes that common mechanic that anyone can use an exploit. If they were to decide that, you have just provided them with video evidence of you using said exploit. Somebody's dumb, but I'm not sure who that would be. You see, the nature of an exploit is a game mechanic that anyone can use, that may not be working as intended, and people use it anyway. You may well be right, and it may well be on the "that's fine" list, I'd just hope, if I were you, that throwing insults at them while defending the use doesn't push their decision making the other way, after all, you did provide them all the evidence they'd need if they were to decide it's exploitive.

Hope it works out for you, one way or the other, but really, even if they decided "It's working as intended", calling them dumb probably isn't a good way to get them to give you any prizes. Again, someone's dumb, but I'm still not quite sure who.
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭

lol what a joke

Yeah, and the people that make the rules, you know, the ones you just called dumb, can decide that your technique is not working as intended, which then makes that common mechanic that anyone can use an exploit. If they were to decide that, you have just provided them with video evidence of you using said exploit. Somebody's dumb, but I'm not sure who that would be. You see, the nature of an exploit is a game mechanic that anyone can use, that may not be working as intended, and people use it anyway. You may well be right, and it may well be on the "that's fine" list, I'd just hope, if I were you, that throwing insults at them while defending the use doesn't push their decision making the other way, after all, you did provide them all the evidence they'd need if they were to decide it's exploitive.

Hope it works out for you, one way or the other, but really, even if they decided "It's working as intended", calling them dumb probably isn't a good way to get them to give you any prizes. Again, someone's dumb, but I'm still not quite sure who.

More uninformed people chiming in, I feel like you people are just looking to get a rise out of me at this point. EME doesn't make the game, BHS does. Why don't you guys all call them up and ask them whether this is supposed to be in the game, I get the feeling it'll go something like this:

Already explained this is something that can be done by anyone in the base game, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't a part of the game. Not going to continue this avenue of discussion, since I'll just be repeating myself, and these comments are so inane it makes me wonder whether you people aren't serious and are just trolling me.
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    And for the record, I think I was being completely reasonable when I said I had no faith that EME can distinguish reasonable arguments from terrible ones in this context. Pretty sure most of them haven't done Pit much, how are they supposed to know you guys aren't making a reasonable claim if they don't have the experience playing the game mode? If they've only entered pit a couple times, they may not know that yeah, the leaderboard popup is a recent thing so clearly that one guy who flat out accused me of lying is wrong. I get it, people apparently say things willy-nilly here without thinking, but I'm serious about wanting my mask, I don't want it to get derailed because someone on the EME team thinks this guy who randomly accuses me of lying about my video is correct.

And hey, I don't blame them, it's a job to them, KitTeaCup is new, she's not gonna know everything right off the bat, but that does mean it bothers me when I get accused of stuff because I really do have reason to believe I need to explain my side very clearly, since from my point of view there's a real possibility the EME staff may believe these random people.

Posting about my issue here has really deflated my impression of the community even more. I go in these TERA discords and people are openly discussing cheating, there are people on the leaderboards who actually exploited, but they don't get any sort of punishment. It feels like I'm one of the only people who tries to play the game completely fairly anymore, I put in the effort to actually do this content having been promised a decent reward for doing something (at long last), but then I hear I'm not going to get it, not cause of anything I did, but because other people cheating apparently means even the people who played fair don't get rewards. So I go on the forums, having actually put in some time to make a case for myself to get a reward I earned, and I get people dogging me and accusing me of cheating, giving me these snide comments about how I better watch out, cause I "just posted proof of myself exploiting." And after all this I'm probably going to get screwed over again when they tell me I can't get one stupid mask. Pretty bothersome.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

lol what a joke

he also abused the bug where he used his keyboard

holy moley how can eme let this guy play the game

this is onpar with proxy and the module that gives players a lower hp boss to score run on I agree
  • Arnetra wrote: »

lol what a joke

More uninformed people chiming in, I feel like you people are just looking to get a rise out of me at this point. EME doesn't make the game, BHS does. Why don't you guys all call them up and ask them whether this is supposed to be in the game, I get the feeling it'll go something like this:

Already explained this is something that can be done by anyone in the base game, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't a part of the game. Not going to continue this avenue of discussion, since I'll just be repeating myself, and these comments are so inane it makes me wonder whether you people aren't serious and are just trolling me.

I don't like, or dislike it, I really don't care about it. I just wanted to point out the irony of coming to the forums insulting the publishers, who decide what rules to enforce, and who handle support tickets, all while demanding they take care of a problem you're having getting a reward. Calling me uninformed does not cover up the inherent stupidity of that action.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭

I don't like, or dislike it, I really don't care about it. I just wanted to point out the irony of coming to the forums insulting the publishers, who decide what rules to enforce, and who handle support tickets, all while demanding they take care of a problem you're having getting a reward. Calling me uninformed does not cover up the inherent stupidity of that action.

I don't see where he was insulting in his OP. I'd call him a bit aggressive in dealing with inept people posting actual nonsense in his thread
    i.e "this is fake! old pit of petrax run!" / "wow you refreshed your willpower! this is on-par with proxy and the exploit that caused EVERYONE to be shafted!"
    In reference to https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28311/pit-of-petrax-leaderboards-rewards.

I recorded my current rank 1 run, so you're free to verify that it was done legitimately. There is no reason whatsoever I shouldn't be given the reward I was promised and earned. I'll be filing a ticket and waiting for a mask token in the mail of my gunner if I'm still rank 1 at the postponed end of the season.

EME is a company. Maintaining TERA is apart of their job.

This was poorly handled and the removal of rewards screwed honest players out of rewards.

They're embracing how lazy & incompetent they are when they'd rather blanket ban EVERYONE instead of singling out those who used the "exploit"

These people make an actual income off running this game lmao
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    The impression I got, from the discussions about this in discord at least, was that PoP was a honeypot and anyone who went in and got a crazy score would have their run investigated individually. The handling of this event proves what most people already suspected: that EME couldn't truly investigate case by case instances of PoP, and that trying for the top score was ultimately a waste of time. Since Gameforge found a solution to this problem (iirc they froze the ranks partway into the season when they learned about the exploit, but if I'm wrong somebody please correct me), I'm curious about why it wasn't implemented here.

Heck, the whole line of reasoning about needing a maintenance to reset the ranks... EME does emergency maintenances all the time, but now all of a sudden they can't? Sure is weird. But hey! At least you artificially extended your season through the monster hunter world launch. I'm sure people will stick around in tera to preserve their ranks and won't just quit out of spite haha