[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Talent System!

Comments

• NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Better late than never!
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Again, just like the server merger: Too fkn late....
    Now EME plz just nerf a lot the grind at least for the essential talents or this gonna be another p2w "no life" bs grinding sytem that the developer think will extend contet but in practice will only drive players futher away from this game (especially new players!).
    Almost 3 whole years of progression and grinding and only now BHS is certain that Talent system is not bugged? Hahaha omg!
    Tera is by FAR the worst managed game that i ever played, at this rate i really wonder if there'll be any server left past 2019..
    Anyway, just like a 2006 MMO, it`s clear now that BHS will focus 100% on "pure grind" for the next content patches, let's see the payoff of this stupid decision on players numbers..
  • I'm going to agree with the others, too late. For future games, you might want to just listen to your community right away. I'm going to guess you finally start to realize that people are quitting, which is why suddenly all the things that were asked for years ago go through.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    costumes with stats in daily deals when?

item xp and talent xp consumables in daily deals when?

Also just like other ppl said, bringing talents right now is far too late to bring people back. How much you all want to bet that we have to get talent xp from scratch to try and stretch playtime as much as possible. then they will introduce talent xp consumable to buy with cash.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    To play devil's advocate for a moment, this whole move could be meant to be them giving us what they think that we've been asking for. Just with the usual problem of there being some difficulty in parsing exactly what we actually want.

So instead of any ulterior motives, or attempts at milking us/making use play more, just a simple attempt to give us the much clamored for talent system. Done in the hopes of pleasing us.

In that case, the reaction here is likely to be very disheartening. Work hard to try to make this a reality. Convince BHS to go through with it, and then we just throw scorn at it. Because we never wanted the talent system, just the power that it gives, without the crazy grind. (To also be fair on the player side, this aspect has been mentioned in the past, but it usually gets lost when the more vocal side just reduces the whole situation to 'Give us the talent system!')

There really comes a point where it feels like there is simply no pleasing the community. (Or where we simply can't set realistic expectations, so nothing they do is ever good enough.)
  • Can somebody give me a quick rundown of the talent system? Is it a replacement of things like glyphs or a straight addition? Pretty new to Tera, thanks!
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Some Players: EME give us talents, the game is balanced around that, we should have the same as K-Tera has.

EME: Ok, you will get talent system, get fun farming your talents.

Same Players: No way, don't do this to us, we should start from the top, it is too late to start farming talents, EME! What did you do this to us!?

Same drama over and over again. People ask for something to be added, we got that and people cries is too late or that they don't want it the same way as it should be.

Now with this talent system coming I don't see why we should not call TERA p2w if consumables to boost talent progression are added in cash shop.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to see talents come here. Keep in mind, classes are already balanced around talents before we even had them.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Ninja won't be complete garbage pre awakening anymore
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they don't make coming back to the game harder. As I've said on my previous possibly ignored wall, coming back to the game has always been easy enough to be one of the big reasons this game keeps alive. It's casual friendly enough, and you don't feel like worthless trash if you leave and get back.

There's hope in me (actually, frankly, I bet more on this) that they'll balance the talent points or whatever it's how you get them, in a way that new or coming players can get to the game and be balanced properly.

I definitely understand some incentive to be hardcore, like building the ultimate min-max setup, but the necessary to be leveled or competing with people around you should be easy enough to obtain. Like, some key talents that balance the class should be quite easy to get, and to get better and better (while still somewhat balanced around the people with your talents level) then it starts to get harder progressively.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Can somebody give me a quick rundown of the talent system? Is it a replacement of things like glyphs or a straight addition? Pretty new to Tera, thanks!

It doesn't replace anything, it's in addition to. It's basically an extension of the exp system for level 65s, you earn this exp via VGs and as you gain levels you spend the points towards enhancement effects. If you've ever played Diablo 3 it's basically the Paragon System.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Some Players: EME give us talents, the game is balanced around that, we should have the same as K-Tera has.

EME: Ok, you will get talent system, get fun farming your talents.

Same Players: No way, don't do this to us, we should start from the top, it is too late to start farming talents, EME! What did you do this to us!?

Same drama over and over again. People ask for something to be added, we got that and people cries is too late or that they don't want it the same way as it should be.

Now with this talent system coming I don't see why we should not call TERA p2w if consumables to boost talent progression are added in cash shop.

Took you a day to post I'm surprised honestly thought you'd jump into this and post your usual crap sooner. It's been well known the power creep and balance changes would build up and ruin the game for other regions ever since it was decided that only Korea would have the Talent System. After a large amount of time has passed people gave up asking for this system because it was obvious the grind to catch up would be awful and a better way needed to be introduced, there were threads asking for important talents to become baseline as passives instead of just activating the talent system.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    People ask for something to be added, we got that and people cries is too late or that they don't want it the same way as it should be.

Do you really consider a system that's been delayed for near 3 years NOT too late? Of course people are going to complain when this system was brought over all that time ago, basically fully translated, and just not activated because "It's too buggy" even though Korea continued to use it and balance every version of the game around it, as well as adjusting it with regular class balances.
  • edited August 2018
    Partyblast wrote: »
    Do you really consider a system that's been delayed for near 3 years NOT too late? Of course people are going to complain when this system was brought over all that time ago, basically fully translated, and just not activated because "It's too buggy" even though Korea continued to use it and balance every version of the game around it, as well as adjusting it with regular class balances.

In the end, there's not much to be gained at this point about going back and forth about it, because regardless, we're finally getting it, and the most important thing is making sure that they take into consideration the time gap between Korea and the other regions when they add it, or make other according changes in Korea as well.

From the many past conversations about this, my understanding is that the time it takes to get the "core set" of talents to a reasonable level (the talents that people kept wanting from the Velik's Helper buff) is not so very bad. In one of the recent threads, the estimate is that if you choose either power or endurance you could have it maxed fairly quickly (potentially days if you apply yourself), and then the other (if you wanted both) would be a bit longer but not an inordinate amount of time (like maybe weeks of regular play, not months/years). If that's the case, then it would seem like the majority of the "balancing" aspects of the system could be achieved fairly reasonably, and the rest is a sort of bonus (that does impact the balance somewhat, but not as significantly as the "core" talents you can get fairly quickly). We'll also have the benefit of K-TERA's "years of beta testing" (lol) so I imagine we'll have guides so that people will know which talents they should choose first to have the most impact for their class.

So anyway, with that said, the real question is how much time it should take for a reasonably-dedicated player to achieve a "good" loadout of talents. I assume the answer won't be "zero", but it can't be "years and we'll continue to be forever behind K-TERA" either. Personally, if it took a month or two to get a good loadout (considering it's account-wide), I wouldn't consider that too unreasonable (regardless of my thoughts about whether it should have been done another way, or whatever).