An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

Comments

• Pve people seem to be trolling in this thread kind of derails the whole conversation
  • A lot of the people on the pvp servers are looking to compromise for something that brings the whole community together while not affecting pve players in the slightest and still throws a bone to those that want some sort of pvp. I don't like the pvp in this game, but i play on nyxarras I thought it would have cool pvp but it doesn't. I have been attacked once in the entire time I've been playing. This has been asked on multiple occasions on this thread, but why if they added something that has no affect on those that pve care if a pvp area was added for those that want to do that sort of thing? This can be done in a ton of ways with minimal dev time. A lot of people don't seem to understand anything about the way the pvp server works and if you don't why don't you listen to us that do play on the server. Noone I know is some blood thirsty maniac who wants to ruin your game. We just want a healthy pop and people to play with. What has been asked to happen is minuscule and affects only those that want to pvp.
  • Rinky wrote: »
    @FFLNLHA9RD With all that said, what are your thoughts about server transfers? Those are coming if this mega server doesn't happen.
    Additionally we are not forcing anyone into a PVP server, we are the PVP server looking to get into the PVE server. The post on page 1 would explain what we are actually trying to accomplish here. Although I do appreciate some feedback from an EU player. They seem to not be very vocal with the situation.

I'm fine with a full server merge as in they is just 1 server, i just don't want the pve servers to be split to populate the pvp as they just isn't enough activity to do that on console in my belief.

In regards to you wanting to become pve thats fine but if you read majority of the pvp PoV comments especially at the beginning they mention multiple times dragging a pve server into the pvp ones to populate them this is unacceptable.

If your "the voice of pvp" at least have a common goal that we can understand.
  • Sry but your are not tge voice of pve nor am i or anyone the voice of pvp.

We are suggesting to have pvp. At will.
    Who wants can who doesnt can ignor pvp.

I cant understand what the problem is.

And till now no valid real agruments sides pve have been made.

Other no my eyes cant handel pvp
  • As a player on the PvP servers that joined in hopes of GvG and open world, there is effectively no difference between PvE and PvP servers. The vast majority of PvP occurs in duels and matchmaking. Given the population disparities, merging into a single general server seems like the only realistic option moving forward, even if it means giving up the (essentially unused) unique aspects of the PvP servers. If anything, merge first, and then try to find some compromise for the PvP-oriented as the game progresses.
  • How about an alternative: Merge all servers into a PvP server (temporary) meanwhile work on server transfers and create what PC once had, "Highwatch (PvE)" Server. Everyone could be in a PvP server until Highwatch gets released along with server transfers and when the transfers come out give a free transfer to all players so those who do not wish to participate in the PvP Scene can go off with there friends and play together. I think both servers would be at a healthy population after that because the PvE server would then be labeled PvE and the original server (This current merge) would be PvP.
  • edited August 2018
    With all of the PvE servers growing in population, with thriving and growing communities, it would make no sense to move all of the PvE players into the practically non-existent PvP community (PvP is a nearly dead community, according to numerous PvPers who have posted in this thread), then make the PvE players have to transfer again, later. The PvPers created this thread to ask for help because their community is collapsing and there are hardly any players left (according to some PvPer posts in this thread, not even enough to put together a 20 or 30 person dungeon team, even if they merge two PvP servers together). You do not take the aspects of a failing community and inject it into a growing and thriving community. Injecting the aspects of a failing community/economy into the healthy community/economy usually brings the same negative factors that caused the collapse of the already dying community. If anything, you inject aspects of the thriving community into the dying community. That is just basic sociology and basic economics. Forcing PvP into the PvE world would bring about the collapse of Tera overall, if the current PvE populations also started dying out, the way the PvPers have done. We do not want whatever happened to the collapsing PvP communities to happen to our communities and economies. Most of the PvEers seem to be pretty happy with our growing and thriving communities and economies. I am still OK with the PvPers coming over to our PvE servers, even if they create a dedicated PvP channel for the PvPers to play in, as long as none of our PvE world is affected by PvP. We should not have to make changes to our world, in order to save a dying community who is asking for help.

MANY PVPers have stated in this thread that there is absolutely NO difference in the game, between PvE and PvP, and I have even seen it stated that if a PvEer were to create an account on a PvP server, then they would not see any difference. With all game factors being equal, the PvE servers keep growing to high populations, while the PvP server populations are dwindling away to nothing (according to PvPers who posted in this thread). There is obviously something going on in the PvP servers that we do not want going on in the PvE world, to bring about the collapse of our communities as well.
  • The pvp sucked so people left which caused more people to leave because lack of people to do things
  • then make the PvE players have to transfer again

Where did I say you would be forced out? I'll wait.
  • How about an alternative: Merge all servers into a PvP server (temporary) meanwhile work on server transfers and create what PC once had, "Highwatch (PvE)" Server. Everyone could be in a PvP server until Highwatch gets released along with server transfers and when the transfers come out give a free transfer to all players so those who do not wish to participate in the PvP Scene can go off with there friends and play together. I think both servers would be at a healthy population after that because the PvE server would then be labeled PvE and the original server (This current merge) would be PvP.

I'm from Draco and honestly I don't think this would be a bad idea. I have friends on Nyx who I'd love to hang out with. I mean yes they are PvPers, and yes some are toxic. Think of all the benefits having a PvP section would bring. They could help us get better at PvP and we could teach them PvE. I don't mind letting them have their PvP as long as the dungeon entrances are safe zones as they say there are. If I'm going to get ganked going to RMHM I'm 100% against this, but I personally never go out to velika outskirts and that wouldn't change the way I play. And if at the end of a few month trial with the PvP server I don't like it I'm sure there would be a few who would go to the new server with me. The "PvE" seems to draw a lot of people in, so I'm sure it wouldn't take long to get populated if that ended up being a thing.

Your post stated that everyone should be moved to a PvP server, then "...when the transfers come out give a free transfer to all players so those who do not wish to participate in the PvP Scene can go off with there friends and play together." Obviously, that would mean the PvEers have to transfer again, to be able to get off the PvP server. At least the remaining PvEers would transfer, who hadn't already quit playing Tera altogether, after being forced onto a PvP server.

If so many PvPers want to be on a PvP server so badly, then just let the transfer happen as planned (PvE to PvE and PvP to PvP). I know I am perfectly happy with the original plan of simply merging from my current PvE server into another PvE server. I know I do not want my current game environment to change, and a lot of PvPers obviously do not want their game environment to change either, because so many of them are advocating to be on a PvP server. The original plan ensures that no one has to change their game environment. The current PvP servers merge into a consolidated PvP server, and the current PvE servers merge into a consolidated PvE server. Just give everyone an open window period for free transfer, so that anyone who has decided they want to move from PvP to PvE, or from PvE to PvP, can do so.
  • @GuardianAngelGG the point of the merges is because the servers are too lowly populated. So eme's fix was to merge. however merging just the 2 pvps servers together and nothing else isnt going to give that new server a healthy population, which is why we are advocating for other suggestions. I still think the best option is to take one of the pve servers and merge it with the 2 pvp servers. Then at least the populations would be more balanced.
  • I will quit the game if its outlaw vs. outlaw. I will not be forced onto a PvE server. Myself and my guild will quit.

Your post stated that everyone should be moved to a PvP server, then "...when the transfers come out give a free transfer to all players so those who do not wish to participate in the PvP Scene can go off with there friends and play together." Obviously, that would mean the PvEers have to transfer again, to be able to get off the PvP server. At least the remaining PvEers would transfer, who hadn't already quit playing Tera altogether, after being forced onto a PvP server.

If so many PvPers want to be on a PvP server so badly, then just let the transfer happen as planned (PvE to PvE and PvP to PvP). I know I am perfectly happy with the original plan of simply merging from my current PvE server into another PvE server. I know I do not want my current game environment to change, and a lot of PvPers obviously do not want their game environment to change either, because so many of them are advocating to be on a PvP server. The original plan ensures that no one has to change their game environment. The current PvP servers merge into a consolidated PvP server, and the current PvE servers merge into a consolidated PvE server. Just give everyone an open window period for free transfer, so that anyone who has decided they want to move from PvP to PvE, or from PvE to PvP, can do so.

Maybe listen to your fellow PvE players on this page, they wouldn't mind an outlaw system. Your opinion is not the only one that matters. Many people will quit the game if they rid PvP and many will quit if only Huzrat and Nyx get merged. Someone will lose, and it will not be me no matter what the outcome :^)
This discussion has been closed.