[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Server merge

Comments

• So all lost chars will lose outfits we bought and all the gold we have............nice
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    So all lost chars will lose outfits we bought and all the gold we have............nice

This is what EME should need to handle with real care.

A server merge will not only brought people angry because losing names on characters and guilds, not only people can lose characters but also they can lose what they paid for to use for those characters.

If a server merge would happen and that makes me lose characters with costumes that I have bound on them I would expect for support to allow me to keep the costume to be used, at least, to another character of mine.

Merging servers is not always as easy like people want to think they are and if not handled in the right way they will only make more people to leave a game that the amount of people who would quit because the merge itself.

So EME needs to clarify things with some time before the merge happens or paranoia will rise and people will make up things of what will happen making more people to get stresed over the merge.

We need to know what is going to be te criteria for max character slots after the merge.

We need to know what is going to be the criteria for the stuff banked for those who have no more room to share if their space get axed by 1/2 or 1/3 of what they have right now.

We need to know what is going to be the criteria for the cosmetics we pay to use for the characters we play and that we may risk to delete because of max character slots.

And so on.
  • It's a shame EME will wait till the last moment to tell us anything. I hate to keep making gold on my main when my main might be gone soon
  • KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    It's a shame EME will wait till the last moment to tell us anything. I hate to keep making gold on my main when my main might be gone soon

They said on Friday's stream that they are still working out the details and are hoping to have news out (and a Q&A stream) by around the end of the month. The merger is scheduled for the fall.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Just bite the bullet and merge everything onto one server. One big server. Yeah, that's the answer!

or close tera ;)
  • Really hope they are intelligent about their approach and do it after 2nd awakening. They’re gonna be a lot of returning players and they’re gonna be pissed if they lose their name and anything else involved in the merge.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    > @heartlesslady said:
    > Really hope they are intelligent about their approach and do it after 2nd awakening. They’re gonna be a lot of returning players and they’re gonna be pissed if they lose their name and anything else involved in the merge.

This would be appreciated, I'd think. Do we have any idea on when second awakening is likely to arrive?
  • We got news on 2nd awakening late June, so it should come to us in november or December.

Really hope they’re gonna wait to merge or they’re gonna lose money in Black Friday and Christmas sales. Knowing EmE they will probably still merge and wonder why their sales in low, terrible company.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    Solheim wrote: »
    This would be appreciated, I'd think. Do we have any idea on when second awakening is likely to arrive?

It's just hitting K-TERA, so like Nov-Dec, with Dec more likely, if they keep to the roughly four months behind.

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    soon.....the official slogan of tera lol

I thought that was gonna be, "Too Bad So Sad!"

I think this merge will be exciting. From what the supporters said, this will solve Tera's problems for sure. I can't wait to hear you all rejoice after it's completed.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    I thought that was gonna be, "Too Bad So Sad!"

I think this merge will be exciting. From what the supporters said, this will solve Tera's problems for sure. I can't wait to hear you all rejoice after it's completed.

Literally nobody has said that this will solve this TERA's problems. Once again, you don't know what you're talking about. I'm not entirely sure why you continue talking anyway. You don't play this game.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm. That's how I read it anyway.
  • Highwatch, Valley of Titans, and Lake of Tears servers were merged to a new server Fey Forest. What is going to be the new server name this time?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    kawaii elin :3