[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Newbie questions

Hi all
I started Tera on the weekend and am enjoying my Archer but struggling with Sorc survivability (or maybe I just ran out of talent ;) ).

Currently I'm looking up guides and am wondering which of them are actually relevant for console, as it is my understanding that we are way behind PC in terms of patches.
Where can I find out what the content we are playing on console right now is called? Maybe someone here could kindly link me up to date guides?
For Archer I'm using Chunt's guide on essentialmana: https://essentialmana.com/chunts-pve-archer-guide/
For Sorc I'm looking at Hermione's flow chart: https://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/87wy4m/sorcerer_rotations_flowchartguide_by_hermione_for/ and this https://sites.google.com/view/yoshasorcererguide/rotation?authuser=0"]https://sites.google.com/view/yoshasorcererguide/rotation?

One more 'console noob' question - how do you interact with players? Apparently Tera does not accept an external keyboard? (I briefly played FFXIV, where that at least was not an issue. )
I think it's only fair to let the poor people who I will be happening upon in dungeons know that I'm a first timer.

Thanks in advance for your help - I'm sure I will be back for more questions later

Cheers
Sylente Demyse
(brownie points for who gets that name ;) )

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    All sorc guides are relevant for console since console has Sorc Revamp and will be relevant until PC gets awakening 2.0

Playstyle, rolls, crystals and Glyphs have barely changed so everything is applicable to console...only real things that changed are like mana costs and like 1 sec or so on cooldowns but base rules still appply

The main patch Console is on is/was called Feather something, it's between Archer revamp and Warrior revamp
  • Thanks a lot, Vinyltails ! I googled and I think the patch was called 'Fang & Feather'.
    Will check the guides out

x
  • You can also check guides on Essential Mana, they got class related guides as well as dungeon guides and all of them are pretty much up to date (for PC patch) I think you can also take a look at those, maybe there's some extra info that other guides did not cover or it's explained in a different way which you can better understand.
  • M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    Keyboards work on console - hit Enter before trying to type anything.

Ooooh - wow thank you! <3

• More n00b questions, I didn't want to open a new thread - hopefully someone will read this:

is there any way of customising the UI? I'm sure I'm not the only one who, when gaming on console, sits a good deal further away from the screen than on PC and the MINI MAP is just, well, mini! With the arrow it is hard to tell what direction you're moving in. Also, is there a way of showing group members both in the game itself as well as on the mini map more dominantly?
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    More n00b questions, I didn't want to open a new thread - hopefully someone will read this:

is there any way of customising the UI? I'm sure I'm not the only one who, when gaming on console, sits a good deal further away from the screen than on PC and the MINI MAP is just, well, mini! With the arrow it is hard to tell what direction you're moving in. Also, is there a way of showing group members both in the game itself as well as on the mini map more dominantly?

Nope.

Console is lacking alot of QoL atm
  • One more if I may:

Doing a dungeon that I have no quest for yet , a message appears at the top of the screen saying 'accept quest XZY' - how do I do that?

Thank you
  • One more if I may:

Doing a dungeon that I have no quest for yet , a message appears at the top of the screen saying 'accept quest XZY' - how do I do that?

Thank you

Look at your active quest list in the menu. You should be able to find the name of the quest in there. You may have some trouble figuring out where to go to get to it, but there is "usually" the name of the region on the quest description. If you find the quest name, but cannot figure out where to go for it, then try checking the menu for your daily challenges. If you are lucky, that quest "may be" listed as a "Story Line" quest to do, in which case you will be able to use that menu to teleport to the right location to begin the quest.
  • Google works to find many quest details, especially for blank maps of the location in the game.

I had an archer early, but I like my sorcerer much better, especially for soloing. I need to figure it out more, but I find it harder to do things like Isle of Dawn with my archer. Leveling a sorcerer is easy as well.
  • Agree on sorcerer vs archer. My sorc is lvl 60 now and I'm loving her, haven't played the archer past 35. It's a bit squishy in comparison.

As for Google - I google pretty much everything but not always successfully. Cradoc for instance has still not disclosed his exact location, but i'm over it now ;)