[PS4/XB1] Maintenance is now complete!
Watch the En Masse Entertainment stream right here at 2pm PDT!

An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

Comments

• If many PvE players are forced into a PvP server you think many will stay ? No they will not and then its back to square one, the game suffers population and we will wonder if the merge even had a point....
    Just think BDO will eventually hit ps4 and a lot of the pvp players will leave here anyway....
    But I'll not be told I have to reply to someone who is having a bad day trying to force me into a pvp server, So I wish you a good day and I need to see a doctor after the salt intake from reading certain ones is damaging my health.
  • RinkyRinky ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    For anyone following this thread - Recap from stream today ( 8/13/2018 ) :

There will be a Forum Post response today or tomorrow that will provide more context about the decision that was made.

Circuits gives a rough statement stating that there is no time to do any changes that would have an effect on the PVP servers, and that they will be going forward with what was previously announced, specifically PVE and PVP remaining separate after the merge.

This can be viewed on their official twitch channel - EnMasseEntertainment with the VOD Titled "[PS4/XB1] News + Back to School! w/ Circuits" and starts around 19:00 minutes in, and lasts about 3 minutes.
  • LMAO, can't wait to merge with an even deader server, Hoodrat. Meanwhile on NA ps4, Big mega guilds will combine. Better economy etc, etc. GG no re
  • Glad I didn't buy elite this month. I'll be playing other games until BDO releases, as well as the rest of Overpowered. Its weird.. its almost like you should have listened to your community. Its almost like the games that do listen thrive :thinking:

WTS +15 ambush /w Activate
  • Can we all just agree on pvp servers we don’t want open world pvp so we can get merged with other pve servers? Nobody does the stuff anyways...
  • That would have been ideal now we have to deal with whatever garbage they do for us until they realize its dead and merge us with the rest. Gonna get some events that will bring noone back soo super good
  • HueHue ✭✭
    Rinky wrote: »
    For anyone following this thread - Recap from stream today ( 8/13/2018 ) :

There will be a Forum Post response today or tomorrow that will provide more context about the decision that was made.

Circuits gives a rough statement stating that there is no time to do any changes that would have an effect on the PVP servers, and that they will be going forward with what was previously announced, specifically PVE and PVP remaining separate after the merge.

This can be viewed on their official twitch channel - EnMasseEntertainment with the VOD Titled "[PS4/XB1] News + Back to School! w/ Circuits" and starts around 19:00 minutes in, and lasts about 3 minutes.

This is to be expected, but hopefully they do take this post into consideration and make some changes here and there in the future.
  • I mean we have already stated that when server transfers come out we going to the pve server who gonna be left on pvp server anyways?
  • Thanks very much to everyone who spoke up in this thread and made their voice heard about the state of PvP in the console versions and the position of PvP servers within our plans for next week’s server merge.

A lot of great thoughts, opinions, potential solutions, and ideas for new features were put forward. We have reviewed them all, discussed them at length internally, and will be collating them into a central location for hand-off to the developers.

After much debate, as well as some back-and-forth with Bluehole on the subject, we have decided to uphold our plan to merge the existing PvP servers within each platform and region combination down to a single PvP server (with the exception of XB-EU, which will only maintain a single PvE server going forward).

A few factors informed this decision, including:
    • A desire to preserve open world PvP in the console versions of TERA so that it remains available to the players that love it and so that the game remains well-positioned to receive any future updates to this system
    • A commitment on the behalf of En Masse to structure events such that engagement with PvP servers is increasingly incentivized. This means that events may yield increased rewards on PvP servers compared to PvE servers in the future, as a way to encourage players to play there.
    • The hope that some of the exciting ideas for open world PvP put forward in this thread might see the light of day. We will follow up on the ideas that we're handing off to Bluehole and will update you as they get reviewed.

Of course, we’ll remain flexible and responsive to re-evaluating this decision in the future should server populations warrant it.

Thanks again,
    Denommenator
  • Thank you @Denommenator . This is a great incentive for the 18 players on my PvP server to keep playing Tera Online!
  • PhantyUKPhantyUK ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm genuinely shocked. How is your company not realising the damage is already done to the PvP servers. The EU servers are dead, adding incentives won't get players to drop all their progression from PvE servers to join us, it's far too late. We all want out of this crashing ship. You've already stated with 100% certainty that there's not going to be any possibility of transfers to come, being slotted into the PvE servers was our only hope. Stop acting like we care about open world PvP, we don't. There's nothing to care about, and again even if there was there's no players left to do that anymore.

You've effectively left us to rot *slow claps*

Edit: The ironic part is PvE servers will GENUINELY have more open PvP content than us when GvG is out. My guild of 3 players vs the other active guild of 4 players is going to be such a blood bath.
  • SoyTheSauceSoyTheSauce ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Its pretty much a virtual slap in the face.

The right thing to do would have been to first merge everyone to 1 pve server and as soon as u can back it up with content bring back pvp.

But for Eu the PvP experiment had utterly failed
    As i understand on xbox everywhere it failed.

Xbox eu will even get the merge the Community is asking for.

It is dissapointing cuz this is a Great game.
    I hope the pve Community will never have to face the hard brick wall eme and bluehole made us crash into
  • ChrispyChrispy
    edited August 2018
    So the biggest reason for not merging the PvP servers with the servers that would actually result in a increase of player population, is because you want those who do want open pvp to have the option to do so. This dosent make sense for the following reasons:

1. The EU Xbox servers are being merged into one PVE servers, meaning there will be those players that you claim want open world PVP OVER actual people to play with even if its only PVE/battlegrounds. So why is it different for the US? Do we not meet the threshold of a low enough population? Have you considered looking forward down the road and seeing the fact that following the current trend and NOT doing anything that would actually result in increased player count, you would think that obviously the US PVP servers will end up in the same state or worse than the state of EU pvp servers.
    2. Out of all the feedback in this thread how many have said they would choose Open PVP that currently dosent exist and will get worse as more people quit, over merging with other servers that will atleast result in being able to group up with others for PVE, BGs, and especially CU? I have gone through and counted maybe 1 person that has kinda expressed that view? I would bet that those that have expressed this view are not even aware of the fact that now it will be the PVE server that has the option to do PVP via CU, while the PVP server will be so dead CU will never have the numbers to work.
    3. Nothing from EME even regarded the solution brought up in this thread that would solve this issue completely via the setup of a dedicated PVP channel or dedicated area that is not in use by max level players, to allow SOME form of pvp. Yes, this would have to be coded in I assume but I would guess if the player number in the US is that high that we cant get the same treatment as Xbox EU, then I would also assume it would very much be worth it for the devs to add this very MINOR adjustment. Is that really too much to ask of a game dev that I am paying 15 a month to play? This is "Games as a service" isnt it? Or is it only the PC players that get any say in what is added to this "service"? We pay the same price but only get whatever the PC community deems important enough to implement, awesome.

Well, it dosent matter at this point. I will be quitting this game entirely as its been made clear because of the server I choose when first logging in, my game experience matters less than a few PVE heros whos ego's are so fragile, they can't stand the thought of being killed by another player and putting themselves in a situation where *shockingly* they might lose :(. They of course will mask it as them being worried about the "Toxicity" that they label every single person that picked a PVP server when making their first character. This of course is after they have played this game the entire time with the same group of people, disgusted when have to use a LFG player for anything and the very sight of anyone with a less than perfect gear/crystal setup gets kicked instantly. These "clickish" players who refuse to even communicate with anyone outside their group, thoses are the real toxic players in ANY mmo. Whats funny is with all their crying about PVP players that are now going to other games, they are only hurting themselves by further reducing an already bleeding player base. Im sure in a year or so, after the PVE heros further invest 100s of dollars in this game, their server will get to the same point as the PVP server is now. Thats when youll realize that hmmmm maybe running off 20-30% of the player base because of some petty issue wasn't the best idea.

It was fun while it lasted....kinda.

- Zaza, Nyx
  • I am super disappointed that the suggested plan to merge pve and pvp servers is not going through. I am in a pve server and have always wanted to try some form of an open area pvp that I can sink my time into once im tired of just running dungeons. Giving players option to be able to engage in such activity either by entering an specific pvp flaged area or turning an option to your character to be pk'ed would have been the perfect scenario for me. With such option, players who do not want open pvp will not be harmed and can just do what they currently is doing while those who wants to pvp can enter that state whenever they want. That way you are giving the player the power of options instead of forcing them to choose between the one or the other.
    This would have been a massive addition of activity and time sink to the game. Hope the devs can reconsider this.
This discussion has been closed.