[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/26 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

An Open Letter To EME Staff Regarding Server Merges

18910111214»

Comments

• [*] A commitment on the behalf of En Masse to structure events such that engagement with PvP servers is increasingly incentivized. This means that events may yield increased rewards on PvP servers compared to PvE servers in the future, as a way to encourage players to play there.

I don't think this is a good idea. This will just alienate the people on the pve servers. Doing the same activity but giving an increased rewards on one side, no matter how you look at it is just not fair. This will definitely increase the rift between the two sides.
    And what if the idea works and the population on the pvp server surpasses pve because of these incentives. You stop giving it? Imagine the outrage of the people who were lured into it. I think this is such a shortsighted solution that will end up hurting the game in the long run.
  • joeff wrote: »
    [*] A commitment on the behalf of En Masse to structure events such that engagement with PvP servers is increasingly incentivized. This means that events may yield increased rewards on PvP servers compared to PvE servers in the future, as a way to encourage players to play there.

I don't think this is a good idea. This will just alienate the people on the pve servers. Doing the same activity but giving an increased rewards on one side, no matter how you look at it is just not fair. This will definitely increase the rift between the two sides.
    And what if the idea works and the population on the pvp server surpasses pve because of these incentives. You stop giving it? Imagine the outrage of the people who were lured into it. I think this is such a shortsighted solution that will end up hurting the game in the long run.

Oh let them have their whatever they need to keep them from being anymore whiny. Hell give them perm 2x exp and 2x drops too for all I care if it helps bring people to their server and they shut the hell up.
  • joeff wrote: »
    [*] A commitment on the behalf of En Masse to structure events such that engagement with PvP servers is increasingly incentivized. This means that events may yield increased rewards on PvP servers compared to PvE servers in the future, as a way to encourage players to play there.

All i hear from the PvE side is whine whine whine
  • I think pve players with no experience in pvp servers should go hang out in a pvp server. There isn't much difference at all, except for the fact that VO is empty in pve servers. I'm not sure why this is even a debate. You don't need to partake in pvp unless you want to. In the areas where you can get "hunted" or whatever, they are very empty and no one really likes to pick off a random player not asking for it. I have literally tried to get hunted before and I couldn't - unless you're at VO or in an active deathmatch (which doesn't happen by accident).

As far as incentives to pvp, its not that they are planning to give "extra" to pvp players, I think it is more about leveling it out. A hardcore pve player doing hard mode dungeons and all can get geared up about 5x faster than a hardcore pvp player. The same amount of time and effort are put in.

IMO they should be thinking about merging all into 1 server. - I don't see any valid reasons not to. All these complaints are sad.
  • I have leveled one character to 65 on a PvP server and didn't get ganked once. I think it is designed that way. I got the "declare outlaw" option, but just banked it.

I fail to see how putting the servers together would harm anyone, though it may mess up my characters again since I might hit the character limit and/or need new names since I duplicate them on different servers.
  • My Game crashes any time I try to load at the server select screen like it freezes and goes to the dashboard so I can't play. I've reinstalled and hard reset so many times and still no fix to this problem. I'm on Xbox one. The game used to work before the server merge which is weird to me. So I do have characters shown listed but I can't get past the select a server pve or PvP screen.
  • This game has been in the same state as the other regions for awhile. About time tbfh.
This discussion has been closed.