The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Suggestions for season 2

2»

Comments

• server merge is coming why bother putting effort in making "transfer locks"
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    server merge is coming why bother putting effort in making "transfer locks"

unless they merge all servers in to one . I can see seraphinush idea at work
  • JoquanJoquan
    edited August 10
    On a related note to point #2 I think pve dungeons should only count with people from your own server. That way, people that transfer for easy masks can't just queue with their triple zerker friends, steal a mask, then go back. If you're going to be the best of the server, shouldn't you be using people from your server?
  • > @tisnotme said:
    > BOBBYYYY wrote: »
    >
    > server merge is coming why bother putting effort in making "transfer locks"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > unless they merge all servers in to one . I can see seraphinush idea at work

What about two servers? Still work?
  • > @Joquan said:
    > On a related note to point #2 I think pve dungeons should only count with people from your own server. That way, people that transfer for easy masks can't just queue with their triple zerker friends, steal a mask, then go back. If you're going to be the best of the server, shouldn't you be using people from your server?

What.. the system works. players just abused PoP. If you didn’t expect better players from different servers to go on dead servers for a free mask idk what you’re thinking. If I could put a value on the 3% cdr mask it’ll be close to 1mil
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    Blocking transfers means losing money, won't happen.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote:
    Dude, are you seriously trying to rationalize this? This whole situation is so absurd and you trying to tell us eme's side of the story just makes them sound even more dumb, god.
    This is taking the "eme is bad at communication" to a whole another level, this was a straight up lie that they aren't even bothering to fix. They could roll out the rewards and ban the exploiters afterwards, they could freeze the season, they could do SOMETHING. Instead they act as if the whole thing was no big deal when people missed work, school, sleep in order to protect their ranks. The only good thing about this is that idiots that transferred to steal ranks now are at a risk of being outranked but even that is not guaranteed.

This is such a [filtered] blunder. Shame on you EME.
    Well CP was simply to guess what happened, not really white-knighting here. and big obvious thing is that no one remembers patch notes weeks ago, not even EME. heck try putting a gun at someone to remember weeks old patch note and they'll be like "just shoot me". the oversight is plausible, just really unfortunate it happened.
    Not sure how repeated the questions were -- i haven't noticed any questions regarding it so hmmmm
    If anyone is really taking a big portion out of their life for their rankings .. then i
    BOBBYYYY wrote:
    server merge is coming why bother putting effort in making "transfer locks"
    The server lock is for when the server merge takes longer than the server merge .. so incidentally there's another season where weird people will transfer their characters to a low-population server in order to try and secure a rank and related rewards
    BOBBYYYY wrote:
    What about two servers? Still work?
    Two servers wouldn't necessarily require a server-lock unless actions are obvious to everyone. the server lock is to block people from high-population servers transferring over to low-population servers in order to secure rewards from Leaderboard rankings -- if the two servers are evenly populated and there are enough people to care about rankings, then the server lock is meaningless
    ZingoPingo wrote:
    Blocking transfers means losing money, won't happen.
    What i was thinking as well and already pointed it out on the 2nd point if you read it
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11
    Incidentally, regarding my suspicion of what happened, they actually clarified it a bit further on the stream today, and it actually is a pretty stupid issue. There's some setting behind the scenes they can control that sets the deadline for the season, and in the behind the scenes setting the date was the 14th (which is why it did not reset on the 9th, and the staff all thought it would reset on the 14th). But the front-end in the client doesn't obey that server-side setting, and shows a different date based on the number of weeks after the start date. Truthfully, the date in the client should align to the date on the server, because it doesn't make any sense for them to be misaligned (and the server will always take priority). But the fatal (and certainly obvious in retrospect) mistake is: they should have checked. We can all agree: never assume that code BHS gave you works the way you would think it logically should or is without bugs or stupid "quirks." (See also my personal pet peeve: the calendar UTC bug...)

As far as "blocking transfers means losing money" -- at this point, just announcing the coming server merges is costing them a lot more "transfer revenue" aside from this specific exploit case (since people who were thinking of transferring for other reasons will probably just wait), so in the end I doubt that's a huge driver. But it still doesn't seem like a great solution to me on the whole since it would impact everyone not just those potentially connected to this issue; a pretty massive club to hammer a tiny nail. But I guess I get the point that it may be the only real option available in a hurry.
  • My honest oppinion is that we just shouldn't have any gear rewards based on performance on a leaderboard.

Say you stoped the ones exploiting in pop, they didn't get the rewards and some maybe even got a nice ban (cause let's be realistic, anyone stupid enough to cheat few seconds clears deserves to be banned). But what about all the other unethical stuff going on, I'm not gonna mention anything that breaks the terms of service here, but let's just be realistic. There's probably very.. VERY few if any people that will get those masks in a 100% ethic way. And I don't even mean 100% stuff agains the terms of service, we all know feeders in pvp exist.

I think it'd be more fair to hold mask rewards in a farmable manner, keep the special fancy titles for rankings if you want though.
    Something like each time you clear X dungeon (probably RRH, AA and AAH, dungeons that actually drop the mask, and even pvp bgs that shield a chance of the mask as well) you get an amount of a mask token. Gather X amount of mask tokens to exchange for the mask you want. I think this solves the need for people to be so crazy about the stupid rankings, anyone that trully wants their masks will farm them and those who don't won't.
    Heck you could even put a ridiculous amount of tokens needed so no one complains is too easy to get.

I know mine is probably not a popular opinion but is what I honestly think is a better way to distribute mask rewards.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11
    My honest oppinion is that we just shouldn't have any gear rewards based on performance on a leaderboard.

Say you stoped the ones exploiting in pop, they didn't get the rewards and some maybe even got a nice ban (cause let's be realistic, anyone stupid enough to cheat few seconds clears deserves to be banned). But what about all the other unethical stuff going on, I'm not gonna mention anything that breaks the terms of service here, but let's just be realistic. There's probably very.. VERY few if any people that will get those masks in a 100% ethic way. And I don't even mean 100% stuff agains the terms of service, we all know feeders in pvp exist.

I think it'd be more fair to hold mask rewards in a farmable manner, keep the special fancy titles for rankings if you want though.
    Something like each time you clear X dungeon (probably RRH, AA and AAH, dungeons that actually drop the mask, and even pvp bgs that shield a chance of the mask as well) you get an amount of a mask token. Gather X amount of mask tokens to exchange for the mask you want. I think this solves the need for people to be so crazy about the stupid rankings, anyone that trully wants their masks will farm them and those who don't won't.
    Heck you could even put a ridiculous amount of tokens needed so no one complains is too easy to get.

I know mine is probably not a popular opinion but is what I honestly think is a better way to distribute mask rewards.

I agree, a simple farming option where each run rewards a token and you can buy a mask of your choice at X tokens would've been infinitely preferable to what we have now. My lancer has over 100 runs of mask dungeons and she's seen 2 masks drop, ever. And of course she didn't win any of those. A lot of people are in that same boat, which is why everyone's so desperate and willing to do underhanded stuff to win. I only know a couple of people who care about the title. Everyone else is fiercely in it for the mask.

Here are my suggestions for season 2, with step 1 being bolded for emphasis:
    1. MAKE IT END ON THE DAY YOU SAID IT WOULD END. I am so pissed off over this that I'm actually not playing out of spite. Like, there are times when I want to log in and then I remember the giant middle finger you gave everyone for playing and dedicating their time to your content and I just stay away. And then to have the nerve to act like there wasn't even an error, like we were the ones who made a mistake even though the date's been plastered in game all month. Stunning and pathetic. You had literally one job.
    2. Make it so that anyone who transfers to a server once the season has started cannot participate in the current season. They will have to wait for the next season to start. This is of course designed to stop people from joining an unpopulated server at the last second to snipe a ranking.
    3. Don't make a solo instance eligible on the leaderboards. Pit was a cheating zone waiting to happen.
    4. Make it a priority to investigate feeding in 3v3s. If the season ends on the 9th, and on the 8th some dude who hasn't even been on the rankings until now emerges with a score of 1,270 with 13/14 wins, maybe look into that. Not saying they cheated, but maybe just look into it to be sure, or else everyone else will start feeding because *why not* at that point; with a group willing to feed, 3s are basically a free mask with none of the Suspense or competition that the other ranks offer.
    5. Make it so that if someone cross queues in PvE, their time score doesn't get applied to leaderboards. Server specific boards should be for players FROM THAT SERVER to compete with each other. It's absolutely ridiculous that someone can do a run that's 80% MT, and still have it apply on the CH board because they're from CH, but that's what happened with pretty much all of the support class rankings.
    6. Make rewards one mask per account somehow, so that the same person isn't snatching up masks on multiple alts at the expense of other players. It's really popular to hop on a dead-class alt that you have lying around, and use your geared static (that would never play with your ninja/reaper/etc. under normal circumstances) to carry you/winfeed you to a top rank.
    7. Make it so the leaderboard token shop sells masks, so that even someone who gets 5th place multiple seasons in a row can eventually just buy a mask.

And that's it. Honestly #1 is the most pressing issue. If it says IN GAME that it's ending on the 9th, then it should END ON THE NINTH. The only reason there isn't more backlash over this is because the majority of people support it since it gives them more time to get into the top 3.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    I personally dislike having masks (or any gear) as a leaderboard reward where it'll go to the people who need it the least since they're already the best.

That aside, I agree with changing their distribution. Because with them as a very rare drop in some dungeons and as leaderboard reward, they're unreasonably difficult to obtain (imo)
  • Solheim wrote: »
    I personally dislike having masks (or any gear) as a leaderboard reward where it'll go to the people who need it the least since they're already the best.

That aside, I agree with changing their distribution. Because with them as a very rare drop in some dungeons and as leaderboard reward, they're unreasonably difficult to obtain (imo)

So you're proposing we remove any incentive to push for a higher rank? :)
  • I want to say that all of this feedback is great. The feedback that's structured with examples and explanations as to why you feel that way is great.

I've taken this feedback!

Thanks again!
2»