The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

When old costumes will come back?

2»

Comments

• I actually didnt know Tera had adopted a costume rotation system.

That's a bad idea. I say this as a player who collected probably every single costume there was before quitting.
    Tera doesnt have the wardrobe volume to successfully pull such a system off. Most of their collection looks too much alike, they have a big reskinning problem when it comes to their designs. This on top of how rare it became over time as well as the RNG lootbox hoops they put you through to get some of them.
    Not even going to mention the blatant race favoritism and how males always got the short end of the stick.
    That was a very bad idea indeed. I didn't actually realize that was what was going on when I went to check out what I missed not too long ago..I just thought most were shoved into more RNG boxes come to find they just weren't in the game at all or something. Yikes.

I would recommend they axe that entire idea. I get that BnS does it and that it's a success for them, but the reason it's a success for them is because there's a never ending flow of new costumes coming in for them (event freebies, seasonal extras, daily deals, dungeon/raid drops, npcs that get new ones added to them, etc). Only games that are literally dripping in costumes can pull that kind of thing off without seriously gimping themselves and turning off buyers.
    A buyer should never have "basically nothing" as an option. No newbie wants to start out and stay bald and naked until they reach some magical lucky day.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like, if they just kept a decent amount of items AND the daily deals, I think they could earn even more.
    Just a guess tho, the random sales from store plus the impulse buys from daily deals.

By the way, do the normal (non dyeable and such) cost the same they normally did? Like, if it's same price as usual it can't be a "daily deal" honestly.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Like, if they just kept a decent amount of items AND the daily deals, I think they could earn even more.
    Just a guess tho, the random sales from store plus the impulse buys from daily deals.

By the way, do the normal (non dyeable and such) cost the same they normally did? Like, if it's same price as usual it can't be a "daily deal" honestly.

From what I've noticed it's a minor discount, usually around 10% or so. Thing is, that's only useful if you happen to remember what the old price was. As we've already said, since there's nothing to contrast the "new" price against, it's hard to call any of the deals, well, deals (outside of direct-buy chase items, I guess).
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    The daily deals themselves could use a lot of improvement. People were tempted when you put 50 dollar dyeable lootbox-only outfits in there. Nobody cares when the daily deal is itself a lootbox that's being given out for free through an event (one example). Likewise, 7 day sales ring really hollow especially when they're items people barely even want, like super outdated outfits that most people have already obtained. If you did something really rare, like dyeable arins or series 3 maid uniforms and put that up for a week, I could understand. People actually want that, but maybe they haven't gotten paid yet or something. But to keep a 7 day sale on an item that isn't even sought after... what's the point? :shrug:

Waitress really hit the nail on the head, honestly. You can't rotate costumes when you barely have any to choose from.
  • @Hisagi1

Here's an update about the store! https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28374/store-changes#latest

I hope this helps answer your question!
2»