New XP Boosts

I'll cut straight to the point. These could not have been implemented worse. Let's begin with the additions to elite.
2-hour duration consumable that ticks down while you're offline with a 24 hour cooldown that shows a 3second cooldown on the tooltip. Need I say more. Elite should not be a place where you guys put [filtered] sample products for people to test in hopes that they get baited into buying the actual product. Put at least 3 uses per day for the item if you're going to keep the booster from ticking down in real time. With how scarce people who buy emp are nowadays, you guys should be incentivizing people to purchase elite, not using it as a way to put samples. Elite was in need of dire revamping and new additions for basically a year now, and you slap us in the face with this LOL.

Now for the 30-day and 7-day boosters.
Why are these character bound and untradeable? Making them untradeable does nothing but inconvenience people who want to buy it with gold AND add no further incentive for people who sell emp since they can't sell it. It's a lose lose situation. And with the price range being within elite status price, why limit it to one character? Is item xp somehow immensely more valuable than an elite status which gives account wide benefits?

Lots of people were looking forward to the item xp boosts to take a load off their chests in making farming easier and pleasant. With how the game is trending on its downfall, you'd think the smart thing to do is make things more incentivizing and appealing to your customers.

Comments

• I agree, making them tradeable would only make EME more money. Why not do it?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    2 hour buff is pretty good if you know how to get the best of it and if anything, item exp is the less of the concerns when you reach higher levels of tier on your gear, at that point you will get tons of item exp that you wont even use in the future.

At least for me the issue is the crafting times it takes to get all you need to enchant in HO gear u_u
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    When you've been done with HO gear since the start of aahm patch, you have nothing to do but gear alts. Item from scratch is important. Just because you gear only 1 character doesn't mean it should somehow lower the benefits of people that actually need it. It's not a zero sum game. You don't need it then it doesnt affect you.
  • EME : hey check out this new extra perk you get from elite status!
    Forum: proceed to complain about getting more free stuff.

Just how spoiled one can be these days.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnviroBear wrote: »
    EME : hey check out this new extra perk you get from elite status!

Again, something being free does not make it exempt from criticism. If something doesn't look right (or gods forbid doesn't work), we should just roll over and say nothing just because it's free? Seriously?

Also, I'd advise you look over the OP again, as it states in no uncertain terms "Hey, this thing doesn't look right...".
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    More p2w stuff, especially now that it's impossible for free players to get that with gold (that WAS one of redeeming feature of Tera's cash shop system..)
    Now a p2w player will progress thru gear a lot faster than a free player cuz Gear XP is a huge time sink they did in this game since gear revamp (now easily solved paying money lol!)
    I remember last year ppl here saying that this "gear exp bs" was a good thing for free player cuz higher sucess % while a p2w will brute force and fail a lot. Now? hahaha!
    And as always on Tera: Of course it will be character bound and ofc BHS will do everything every patch to force us to change our characters ;)
    As i said on that last thread about the p2w U$80 dragon: They're just milking the remaining p2w playerbase before they finally shutdown the servers
    edited August 2018
    Khernz wrote: »
    When you've been done with HO gear since the start of aahm patch, you have nothing to do but gear alts. Item from scratch is important. Just because you gear only 1 character doesn't mean it should somehow lower the benefits of people that actually need it. It's not a zero sum game. You don't need it then it doesnt affect you.

I have geared more than 5 character's with full SC +7 and above, Only one with HO at the moment.

As I said even without this perk you will get more item exp than you really need.
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    EME : hey check out this new extra perk you get from elite status!

u can enjoy ur mediocre petty sample. I'll voice my concerns and criticisms to get an actual product worth spending money and time on.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    EME : hey check out this new extra perk you get from (paid subscription) elite status!
    free stuff.
    from (paid subscription) elite status
    free stuff.
    free stuff.

holy [filtered]
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

I have geared more than 5 character's with full SC +7 and above, Only one with HO at the moment.

As I said even without this perk you will get more item exp than you really need.

As I said. not a zero sum game. You have no issue with it but others clearly do. You stacking max XP on 5 alts says more about the time you spend on this game than how easy it is to stack xp.
    voidy wrote: »
    EME : hey check out this new extra perk you get from (paid subscription) elite status!
    free stuff.
    free stuff.
    free stuff.

holy [filtered]

Truth to be known is that perk was not in the Elite Status description and was added recently. so it is more like people get more things for the same price and they complain anyway.
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    These blockheaded whiteknights do nothing but stand in the way of proper criticism in a forum. No wonder nothing on the forums are taken seriously and changes are only made through DMs and discord. smh
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    free stuff.
    free stuff.
    free stuff.

holy [filtered]

Truth to be known is that perk was not in the Elite Status description and was added recently. so it is more like people get more things for the same price and they complain anyway.
    I was just floored because calling an elite perk free is the most backwards thing I've heard on here in a while, and that's saying something since I've been making an effort to stay out of this place. Unless you buy elite with gold (and even then, you're still feeding the machine by incentivizing EMP purchases), you're definitely paying money for elite and have every right to criticize it when its services aren't satisfactory. Heck, his complaints aren't even huge things, I feel like a lot of this could be changed pretty easily. It's not like he's asking for the game to be optimized or something.
    These blockheaded whiteknights do nothing but stand in the way of proper criticism in a forum. No wonder nothing on the forums are taken seriously and changes are only made through DMs and discord. smh

That's been a problem on here for a while. I'd swear some of these people are getting paid, and if they aren't then they definitely should be, because they're always around willing to defend even the dumbest things. I remember a discussion once, where all someone did was suggest that skill cooldowns should reset when the party wipes or when a boss dies so that the whole group isn't waiting around for their skills to come off CD. And even then, in a situation that would harm absolutely nobody, the white knights came out in full force to tell people to stop complaining, just wait the full cd time, blalabla.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    This elite perk is worthless if you play alts like I do.
  • YuxibrYuxibr ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The best part is using it and losing half of the time of the perk searching for a party. |o|