[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

New XP Boosts

Comments

• If it's not possible to make the item itself tradable for whatever silly BHS reasons, the workaround would seem to be to put the item in a box and have that box be tradeable/bankable for now. At least that way it makes it accessible to F2P players via trade. Of course the box would have to be very-clearly labeled, and I'm sure some people still won't read, but if that's the only way, I'd take it.
  • There's deffinitely improvements that could be made to the new item, I don't see why people are against someone expressing their opinion on an item. Feedback is key after all.

My feedback after using it today is that the 24 hour cd is ridiculous. Specially since is not 1 use per character per day (wich tbh is what I was expecting when I saw it in the elite bar). What if I use it late at night one day, and then I'm free the next day earlier and would like to use it but can't? Because there's 24 hours to use again. Is really ridiculous I think that's the first thing that should be changed on this item. No CD just 1 use is ok if you don't wanna make 1 use per character. Since is 1 use anyways is pointless to give it any cd to begin with.

• KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    I don't know how you guys can complain about this being pay-to-win, then turn around and complain about how pointless it would be to pay for it due to its short duration.

idk of the opinions of others, but when the ONLY f2p option for players is a lesser 25% boost for 2 hours on a 24hour cooldown as a side perk of a 1995EMP item, it's pretty [filtered]. Why is a 30day/7day 30% boost not accessible via f2p? even if f2p means buying it off another who's spent the money for emp. It just makes no sense and is completely against EME's previous f2p-freindly strategies.
  • EnviroBearEnviroBear ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Mr Voidy you can call me backwards or whatever you like, but you can't dismiss the fact that people with elite status now get more stuff with the same price and that's a good thing. It's true that it'd be better if the item XP booster had shorter cooldown and multiple uses. But still having a 2-hour booster a day is better than no boosters at all. If you still don't think elite status is worth its price, nobody is forcing you to purchase it.

If EME added bonus perks to elite status today but were outright slammed in the face afterwards (To quote OP, "Could not have been implemented worse"), do you think they would still be inclined to do similar stuff in the future? Everything they do, though some bad decisions included, manages to somehow provoke the ire of the forum users. I think by this point EME knows deep down that the forum is just a vocal minority that cannot be pleased in any way, although they are still trying to. Complaints plays an important role in highlighting the game's current problems, but now it seems that the forum complains about pretty much everything that's implemented and this is causing EME to have a hard time taking any complaints seriously. And yet OP still wonders why EME rarely replies to forum posts anymore.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    I'd have liked to see them replace the gold boost item on elite bar, personally. Replace something useless in all 65 content with something arguably worthwhile.

I don't think people are complaining because they now have an item xp boost. The complaint more stems from the fact that it's a pathetically weak "perk" for elite status and would have worked better with more uses, a power cd, or just as a 10-15% passive.
    I'm displeased with the way it feels less like a "elite players get to make the most of this new item" and more of a lure to buy the better one for more money on top of your elite status.
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    EnviroBear wrote: »
    If EME added bonus perks to elite status today but were outright slammed in the face afterwards (To quote OP, "Could not have been implemented worse"), do you think they would still be inclined to do similar stuff in the future? Everything they do, though some bad decisions included, manages to somehow provoke the ire of the forum users.

? If it's [filtered] it's [filtered]. No one should care how eme FEELS about it. It's literally in their occupational duty to appeal and satisfy their customers. If customers feel like it's [filtered] then what better thing to do than let EME know? Not let them know? And people stay quiet and just simply let this game die? LOL.

And NO they're not going to be inclined to do similar stuff. They're going to be inclined to do BETTER stuff. That's the point. They have no choice. Unless they wanna just go under. If a company dismisses complaints because there's just a complaint about everything they do, maybe open your eyes and see what you're doing that warrants a complaint for everything instead of thinking none of them hold any weight.

Your entire argument is based off of the xp boosters being a new addition to elite for the previous same price tag, yet you fail to understand that when elite status has been under complaint for how many years now for a revamp or repricing, you'd think the optimal thing for a company to do is properly increase its perceived value, not tag on a worthless thing that the mass majority of players won't care to single-handedly purchase elite for. And if you think the 30/7-day ones being untradeable is not somehow the worst implementation idea i don't know if you're worth talking to.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Khernz wrote: »
    EnviroBear wrote: »
    If EME added bonus perks to elite status today but were outright slammed in the face afterwards (To quote OP, "Could not have been implemented worse"), do you think they would still be inclined to do similar stuff in the future? Everything they do, though some bad decisions included, manages to somehow provoke the ire of the forum users.

? If it's [filtered] it's [filtered]. No one should care how eme FEELS about it. It's literally in their occupational duty to appeal and satisfy their customers. If customers feel like it's [filtered] then what better thing to do than let EME know? Not let them know? And people stay quiet and just simply let this game die? LOL.

And NO they're not going to be inclined to do similar stuff. They're going to be inclined to do BETTER stuff. That's the point. They have no choice. Unless they wanna just go under. If a company dismisses complaints because there's just a complaint about everything they do, maybe open your eyes and see what you're doing that warrants a complaint for everything instead of thinking none of them hold any weight.

Your entire argument is based off of the xp boosters being a new addition to elite for the previous same price tag, yet you fail to understand that when elite status has been under complaint for how many years now for a revamp or repricing, you'd think the optimal thing for a company to do is properly increase its perceived value, not tag on a worthless thing that the mass majority of players won't care to single-handedly purchase elite for. And if you think the 30/7-day ones being untradeable is not somehow the worst implementation idea i don't know if you're worth talking to.

No worth arguing with you because the first thing you do when someone has a diferent opinnion from you is to insult them.

No because random people make complains and whine because they don't like something it will make their argument better than those who are not disatisfied with current perk or for those who doesnt even care about the perk.

And this is in bussiness too, not all complains are to be taken seriously because some customers always will try to take advantage and try to abuse from companies also.
    voidy wrote: »
    That's been a problem on here for a while. I'd swear some of these people are getting paid, and if they aren't then they definitely should be, because they're always around willing to defend even the dumbest things. I remember a discussion once, where all someone did was suggest that skill cooldowns should reset when the party wipes or when a boss dies so that the whole group isn't waiting around for their skills to come off CD. And even then, in a situation that would harm absolutely nobody, the white knights came out in full force to tell people to stop complaining, just wait the full cd time, blalabla.

For the record, many people included you have said that they are done with the game and others have even said they uninstalled and moved out and wont ever comeback to a game published by EME or developed by BHS. Funny thing is they don't leave the forums and they are displeased with it. It is more convincing that a persond being paid will be lurking in a forum from a game they repeated many times they don't like than a person who still plays and enjoy the game.

So I hope those spreading hate won't run out of money from their employers when they don't need them anymore because the job of spam hate againts other bussiness is the easiet to fulfill and people that only knows that usually can't get better oportunities in life.
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    I'm not here to argue with forum grime. If you have eyes and can see the majority complaining about it, do something about it EME. Even better, just do what people literally told you is better.
    edited August 2018
    Khernz wrote: »
    I'm not here to argue with forum grime. If you have eyes and can see the majority complaining about it, do something about it EME. Even better, just do what people literally told you is better.

How many is the majority?

Do you even have the numbers about the amount of players in this game that are active?

No, you don't, so you are pretty much lying.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the conversation seems to have shifted to what qualifies as "constructive criticism" and the catalysts therein, take a step back and think about it for just a moment.

Why are people complaining? Because what's been done can be done BETTER. It HAS been done better in the past with other things. Remember the crystalbind debacle? What about the Frostsuits? Letter and token drop rates from Anniversary event and before? That mess during the Kyra Potion event a few years back (where people were getting kicked from parties before looting, or so the stories went)? People noticed, complained about it, it was changed in a way that benefited more players (...mostly).

Contrary to popular belief, there aren't many people who will sh*t on something just for the sake of it. As stated in the previous paragraph, EME can do and has done better. People are just waiting for them to, you know, DO IT.

And the people sticking around despite having limited or eliminated their playtime (largely out of frustration)? Why else would they be here? They're waiting for that moment - if it comes - that they can put aside those frustrations and enjoy the game again. So at the risk of looking insane, they stay, they read, they observe, they comment and suggest and so on, so that one day those players can come back to the game and say "Yeah, this was the right choice. It feels good to be back."

Just... keep these points in mind in the future. Actually read WHY this person is saying "This sucks. Fix it." and WHAT the person who stopped playing is actually saying. They just might have a point.

Observation: The mobile formatting on these forums sucks.
    edited August 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Since the conversation seems to have shifted to what qualifies as "constructive criticism" and the catalysts therein, take a step back and think about it for just a moment.

Why are people complaining? Because what's been done can be done BETTER. It HAS been done better in the past with other things. Remember the crystalbind debacle? What about the Frostsuits? Letter and token drop rates from Anniversary event and before? That mess during the Kyra Potion event a few years back (where people were getting kicked from parties before looting, or so the stories went)? People noticed, complained about it, it was changed in a way that benefited more players (...mostly).

Contrary to popular belief, there aren't many people who will sh*t on something just for the sake of it. As stated in the previous paragraph, EME can do and has done better. People are just waiting for them to, you know, DO IT.

And the people sticking around despite having limited or eliminated their playtime (largely out of frustration)? Why else would they be here? They're waiting for that moment - if it comes - that they can put aside those frustrations and enjoy the game again. So at the risk of looking insane, they stay, they read, they observe, they comment and suggest and so on, so that one day those players can come back to the game and say "Yeah, this was the right choice. It feels good to be back."

Just... keep these points in mind in the future. Actually read WHY this person is saying "This sucks. Fix it." and WHAT the person who stopped playing is actually saying. They just might have a point.

Observation: The mobile formatting on these forums sucks.

If anything, I think the boost offered in the cash shop is expensive and not worth for its price.

As others have said, making it tradeable would have been better but the price it is too high on my perception, because item exp is one of the things easier to farm in the game, at least for me.

Now, about Elite perk, its 2 hours per day adition is worth less than 200 EMP, however the way Elite is right now is worth more than 12.5k EMP on boosters from Cash Shop. I think Elite needs a serious revamp but also Boosters from Cash Shop as they are really expensive if you think that Elite cost 2k EMP and receive perks and stuff worth more than 12.5k.

So if we have to talk about how may have implemented accordingly with actual perks then they should have done it like Exp and Reputation Boost. That means account wide and active every second Elite last.

I will repeat myself, I am like meh with that boost overall but I think is really over priced for the real value ingame that holds.
  • Lets say the iexp is p2w...the question is....is it worth it for its price? Considering you are ahead in iexp u still cant enhance/upgrade it without the mats it need.