[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

New XP Boosts

13»

Comments

• SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    @TeraNuibe (not quoting because I'm on mobile)
    I think people calling it p2w are referencing an argument from when this gear system came out that went something like: new system isn't p2w because it favors people who run a lot of content to maximize their success rates.
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    Solheim wrote: »
    @TeraNuibe (not quoting because I'm on mobile)
    I think people calling it p2w are referencing an argument from when this gear system came out that went something like: new system isn't p2w because it favors people who run a lot of content to maximize their success rates.

Honestly dont know why they even made the XP system. It is legit a system that [filtered] over the people who dont have time to play a lot. Most "p2w" people dont have a lot of time to invest in the game which is why they swipe, those swipers keep the game running for everyone else. So why would BHS f them over, makes no damn sense.

I personally stopped spending money on the game when they announced the XP system.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    If anything, I think the boost offered in the cash shop is expensive and not worth for its price.

[...]

because item exp is one of the things easier to farm in the game.

^^ This. So very much this.

When I first heard about these boosters, I was confused. Why introduce such a worthless item instead of fixing an actual problem? You get more than enough item XP long before you have enough materials to enchant. At worst, I've only ever needed one more dungeon run to top off my item XP by the time I had enough materials to enchant. The only scenario I could see this being useful is for gearing an alt through twistshard and already having a bank full of materials to do so. By frostmetal, item XP is the least of your worries, and stormcry+ may as well not even have item XP for all it factors in to progression by that point.

For such a near worthless, limited usage item, I was expecting prices in the 150-195 EMP for the 7-day one and 495-595 for the 30-day one. When I saw the price they're actually charging, my first thought was, "1595? Really? Who would be dumb enough to spend that kind of money for THIS?"

As for the elite sampler; free junk is still junk. As has been mentioned, people have been wanting some kind of update to improve the ever-diminishing value of elite status for a while. Adding something of no value does not somehow increase the value of elite, nor should people be expressing gratitude for their "free" perk, regardless of how worthless it is. In fact, I would suggest that this addition further diminishes the value of elite; not only is there already a useless gold booster perk (the most I ever got out of this was an extra, I think, 9 gold out of the chest after the 2nd boss of BRHM), but now there's an additional useless perk cluttering up the elite bar.

Speaking of updating the elite perks, change the 1 hour 100% hunting gold boost to a 50%, or even 25% vanguard gold boost for an hour?

tl;dr - What do I think would be a better booster? Something that reduced material cost of enchanting by 10% or 20%? This would have value for players from level 1 through heroic oath, not just for people in twistshard.