[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Are we getting Rootstock this year?

2»

Comments

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    People said that about the summer event, too. "It's festival of the sun, what could be ruined when all you do is grind for rewards" but then they changed the reward rate and removed all of the fun rewards. I don't honestly expect rootstock to change this year, but they could easily ruin it by removing the rewards people want (lamb bulgogi and other consumables) or increasing the amount of work players must do to receive those rewards in the first place. I don't know why they would do this. It would actually take more effort to change things. But it happened with the last event, so who knows. Maybe this year we'll be asked to farm on 8 alts to get one lamb bulgogi or something. ;^)

The point remains that Rootstock and Pond Faire have already been nerfed and 'ruined' in the past. Rootstock used to not have any production point costs for harvesting. Pond Faire used to have a damage boosting item. Both, I feel, are actually far more tangible changes than EME just not being as free with handing out cash shop items.

Even the Festival of the Sun had zero changes to the mechanics of how you earn tokens. No matter how upset you are that they changed what you could get with the tokens, you simply can't say that they changed how you earned them. What you could buy with those tokens has also changed repeatedly in the past. So there has been variance there that Rootstock simply never had.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    Ellexem wrote: »
    It's Rootstock, what is there to even ruin, ever since gathering costs PP?
    cash-shop only ticket that permits access to Rootstock's NPCs

Come on don't give 'em ideas!
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    It's Rootstock, what is there to even ruin
    People said that about the summer event, too. "It's festival of the sun, what could be ruined when all you do is grind for rewards" but then they changed the reward rate and removed all of the fun rewards. I don't honestly expect rootstock to change this year, but they could easily ruin it by removing the rewards people want (lamb bulgogi and other consumables) or increasing the amount of work players must do to receive those rewards in the first place. I don't know why they would do this. It would actually take more effort to change things. But it happened with the last event, so who knows. Maybe this year we'll be asked to farm on 8 alts to get one lamb bulgogi or something. ;^)

Truth to be known the fixed rewards on summer event has been always the same, lying does not good,
    I can't even tell what you're trying to say here.
    If you mean the rewards in the summer events have always been the same, that isn't true at all. They changed a lot from last year's. For example, this year the main focus was an RNG box that -- for the most part -- contained garbage. Last year, people were able to save for very specific items that they wanted, because the shop was full of actual specific items and not just RNG. None of those good items returned this year, which is why hardly anyone bothered participating until crab events started handing out tokens, since nobody wants to farm 8 alts for an RNG box. In the year before that, the reward was different as well.
    Just an example of how bad was the last year summer event, you can see on broker swimsuits being sold like their worth is no more than dirt and that is for every race.

Oh no, swimsuits are available at an affordable price, how terrible!

The "fixed rewards" from summer events are not permanent cash shop cosmetics. So yeah, lying does not make any good.

We are comparing fixed rewards from summer and rootstock, so far I can remember rootstock has never had aditional cash shop rewards.

I was comparing event rewards from one event to event rewards in another event. Since EME can change rewards whenever they want, it doesn't matter that rootstock has, until now, contained the same rewards year after year.

Since fixed generally means unchanging and set in place, and summer event rewards change every year, I'm forced to wonder what you even mean by fixed summer rewards. Are you talking about the tokens, or something else?

edit: Responding to your recent edit, I recall grinding the summer event far more last year in anticipation of specific items. Since I don't have the loot table saved from last year, I'm willing to admit that I could be mistakenly thinking of a different token based event that handed out costumes, but I don't think I am. Also calm down, holy [filtered].

I highly recommend for you to stop trying to talk any common sense in this user as they are known to make no sense whatsoever on multiple basis and is the biggest white knight these forums have ever seen, well laughed at from all the end game players that actually care about this game. Some say to this day you cant see his face anymore from all that brown *stuff* over it

Oh, look, I have nothing to say about the topic but I will come here and insult other people anyway.

If anything the one talking nonsense its you that and can't comment about what has been said because you have no idea what is people talking about.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's Rootstock, what is there to even ruin

Truth to be known the fixed rewards on summer event has been always the same, lying does not good,
    I can't even tell what you're trying to say here.
    If you mean the rewards in the summer events have always been the same, that isn't true at all. They changed a lot from last year's. For example, this year the main focus was an RNG box that -- for the most part -- contained garbage. Last year, people were able to save for very specific items that they wanted, because the shop was full of actual specific items and not just RNG. None of those good items returned this year, which is why hardly anyone bothered participating until crab events started handing out tokens, since nobody wants to farm 8 alts for an RNG box. In the year before that, the reward was different as well.
    Just an example of how bad was the last year summer event, you can see on broker swimsuits being sold like their worth is no more than dirt and that is for every race.

Oh no, swimsuits are available at an affordable price, how terrible!

The "fixed rewards" from summer events are not permanent cash shop cosmetics. So yeah, lying does not make any good.

We are comparing fixed rewards from summer and rootstock, so far I can remember rootstock has never had aditional cash shop rewards.

I was comparing event rewards from one event to event rewards in another event. Since EME can change rewards whenever they want, it doesn't matter that rootstock has, until now, contained the same rewards year after year.

Since fixed generally means unchanging and set in place, and summer event rewards change every year, I'm forced to wonder what you even mean by fixed summer rewards. Are you talking about the tokens, or something else?

edit: Responding to your recent edit, I recall grinding the summer event far more last year in anticipation of specific items. Since I don't have the loot table saved from last year, I'm willing to admit that I could be mistakenly thinking of a different token based event that handed out costumes, but I don't think I am. Also calm down, holy [filtered].

I highly recommend for you to stop trying to talk any common sense in this user as they are known to make no sense whatsoever on multiple basis and is the biggest white knight these forums have ever seen, well laughed at from all the end game players that actually care about this game. Some say to this day you cant see his face anymore from all that brown *stuff* over it

Oh, look, I have nothing to say about the topic but I will come here and insult other people anyway.

If anything the one talking nonsense its you that and can't comment about what has been said because you have no idea what is people talking about.

Deal with it, you're the new LesbianVi, the KoolKidz have to hate you to be part of the KoolKidzKlub oh, that turns out as a pretty bad acronym if you shorten it