The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Anyone else having dragon mount issues?

My dragon skills do not proc anymore.

I noticed this while doing pit yesterday. I don't get any orange icon for double crit power or the purple icon for crit damage increase (the new dragon mounts skill). I've tried to relog but to no avail it doesn't work still. The skills are there in my skill panel and the new dragon buff is on my bar, but it doesn't do anything.

Yesterday while using the new dragon skill, I dismounted mid-animation to save time to get the buff faster and to do my thing, after that is when it started happening, so I figured I bugged myself, but a guildie says his doesnt proc either and he has a 1.5 dragon.

Anyone else having issues?

Comments

• KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    wait until maintenance / server restart.

It happened with me on the past. It just happens in some dungeons. And the only solution is wait.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26
    Ketoth wrote: »
    wait until maintenance / server restart.

It happened with me on the past. It just happens in some dungeons. And the only solution is wait.

First time I've had this issue before so I was curious. Thanks

Edit: was happening in open world too also.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I get that bug too sometimes
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    It's been a random bug with the dragon mounts since they came out, just spam mount/dismount on one of your dragons and it'll usually fix itself eventually. otherwise wait for server restart and that also fixes it.
  • Hi there!

Have you created a support ticket for this?

I'll mention this to our team, but collecting examples of this happening through screenshots and such, hopefully we can get to the root of it.

Thanks!
    > @KitTeaCup said:
    > Hi there!
    >
    > Have you created a support ticket for this?
    >
    > I'll mention this to our team, but collecting examples of this happening through screenshots and such, hopefully we can get to the root of it.
    >
    > Thanks!

I have not because the fact that it’s happening to other players as well. People have said that it fixes itself by riding and dismounting or maintenance
    As of right now its still bugged for me.
  • KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Hi there!

Have you created a support ticket for this?

I'll mention this to our team, but collecting examples of this happening through screenshots and such, hopefully we can get to the root of it.

Thanks!

Yes, let me take a screenshot of not getting a buff... hmmm
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    You can't accurately or practically prove through screenshots that mount passives aren't firing because it's something that happens in the middle of combat. You could argue through video evidence that it doesn't happen, but you'd need it to reproducible and each reproduction to be recorded. That's a lot of storage, and something that is soxbig that we can't submit to EME because the filesizes are too big.

What you need is a tool that records what buffs are being applied to the character and parses it out to a small file that can be linked to the account over the course of all the fights, where the proof is that the buff uptime for the dragon mount does not appear at all across the logs.

There are tools out there that players can use exactly for this diagnostic purpose, but no-one will ever submit evidence to EME using them because of EME's hardline stance against any program running with TERA.

That leaves us at an impasse where EME either need to relax their stance for this particular piece of diagnostics or EME implement such tools internally to perform the diagnostics that we would get banned for because of the company's stance. How do you propose getting around this?

And no, I do no believe that screenshots of the system/combat logs are sufficient here because they are not timestamped, but that functionality could be built into a tool specifically designed to detect this behavior.
    I don’t see why eme just can’t spawn a dragon mount, use it on a character then go hit a bam while having used the skill, to reproduce this bug.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    I don’t see why eme just can’t spawn a dragon mount, use it on a character then go hit a bam while having used the skill, to reproduce this bug.

This bug doesn't apply to everyone equally at the same time. It appears to be random. Sometimes there've been cases where one person in a party with the dragon was getting the proc, while another person with the same was not getting the proc. So even just spawning a dragon mount won't necessarily reproduce the bug -- there's some other factor at play. (As was mentioned above too, sometimes just spamming mount/dismount can randomly cause it to fix itself too. It's just strange.)
    Well I can say that the maintenance fixed it, for now.