The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

It's time we talk... (seriously)

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirasaka wrote: »
    Remember when people were saying that the gear revamp was way better than +15.... Lol dont see them saying that anymore.

It's one of those things that look epic good on paper and then they always manage a way to ruin it.

Frankly it had great potential, but "WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT AS GRINDY OR MORE!!" and... ya
  • dmaxcustomdmaxcustom ✭✭
    edited August 26
    I like the current gearing system. Is not ideal, is not what it should be. I would prefer a system with different gear got from different dungeons based on new content and with good visual design to make it unique in a way, or with a theme. But this is not bad on itself.

What is wrong and is making me considering to go somewhere else, is the horrible RNG low chance system in place. I have spent so much money and resources to get over 15 failures from SC+5 to +6 simply because RNG bad luck brah crap in place. That's not tenable for anyone. Luck cant be the factor to progress in a game.
    *sigh*

Oh, and the ninja nerfs on drops make me want to nuke korea with a Tsar.
  • The issue with the gearing system is they keep requiring inflated amounts of the same materials, namely gold talents and now silver talents, both of which we've still not gotten an easier way to obtain, and combined that with ludicrously low enchant success rates, even with maxed item XP.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Remember when people were saying that the gear revamp was way better than +15.... Lol dont see them saying that anymore.

It's one of those things that look epic good on paper and then they always manage a way to ruin it.

Frankly it had great potential, but "WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT AS GRINDY OR MORE!!" and... ya

People (myself included) were pretty hyped until it was known that 100% XP =/= 100% success chance going from Frostmetal onward. Seriously, only in Bizzaroland would that make sense. :skull:

I surmise that if the system was that if you had all the required XP and the success chance corresponded as such (100% XP = 100% success chance), there wouldn't be much issue. Or better yet, remove the XP part altogether and just make it so that once you have the gold and the mats, you have your gear/upgrade.

At this rate, the only things keeping it from being as abysmal as the +15 system is that there isn't a rollback/destruction system (wasn't that fun?!) and the fact that there's a failure cap.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    The only thing I really want TERA to have is optimization if they do that Ill be more less angry at them.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »
    The only thing I really want TERA to have is optimization if they do that Ill be more less angry at them.

i feel that you may be mad for a very long time lol
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    RKC wrote: »

i feel that you may be mad for a very long time lol

Been angry for 5 years :)
  • OPrideOPride ✭✭
    If Lord of the Rings Online can make an effort to work on a 64-bit client with their small team and resources, I wish Bluehole would do the same with Tera.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    OPride wrote: »
    If Lord of the Rings Online can make an effort to work on a 64-bit client with their small team and resources, I wish Bluehole would do the same with Tera.

It's a question of value. You can put in 1000 man-hours to tera to make it a little better but not really get any more money, or put in 1000 man-hours to pubg for a ton of low effort things and make lots of money
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    Its money. They know no matter how we scream, cry and pound the wall we still play and spend money on tera and for them that is enough.
  • I wanted to mention that those that commented on this thread in a constructive and helpful way, your points were taken and given as feedback to Bluehole.

Thank you to those people who did that!
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »

People (myself included) were pretty hyped until it was known that 100% XP =/= 100% success chance going from Frostmetal onward. Seriously, only in Bizzaroland would that make sense. :skull:

I surmise that if the system was that if you had all the required XP and the success chance corresponded as such (100% XP = 100% success chance), there wouldn't be much issue. Or better yet, remove the XP part altogether and just make it so that once you have the gold and the mats, you have your gear/upgrade.

At this rate, the only things keeping it from being as abysmal as the +15 system is that there isn't a rollback/destruction system (wasn't that fun?!) and the fact that there's a failure cap.

True, basically the problem isn't even the grind for materials, but the stupid mandatory RNG factor just cause why not [filtered] people off.
    Like, I've stopped bothering and all yeah, but even during twistshard there was that lil' RNG wasn't there? They just give you the feel of success during leveling and base gear to make you feel like you've put enough work to not want to stop yet. Oh little do newcomers know...

Failure cap reminds me of that FAIL cap item in-game that I used to put on when BG runs went downhill.
  • walking1987walking1987 ✭✭
    edited August 28
    Just like someone mentioned, BDO just got their game remastered, a somewhat recent game got a major optimization...
    It just make me feels sad for TERA...though kinda getting used to it like everyone else here.
    ---
    I do think BHS is/will still working on balancing classes.
    Although it will never be balanced for us since the balance is still working around KTera which has the Talent system embedded.(found the info that we're getting talent)
    I would suggest, if possible to have a separate team to work on balances for other versions besides KTera.
    And also, classes balances should be independent to content updates.
    Waiting for 3 months to applied a balance for skill cooldown -1 second is stupid.
    They can take there time with contents or whatever, but I think balances should be around one week or two behind KTera