The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Enmasse Dropped the Ball the Priest loading screen contest [Issue has been resolved]

2

Comments

  • xXEruneXxxXEruneXx ✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure out how anyone thinks they can LOOK at that many submissions in 2 hours, let alone form a thoughtful opinion.

    ...while also preparing to go on stream, and having to check the formats of everything so they will show, etc.

    It utterly boggles the mind that they would even try to go for that approach of looking at a long list of entries within two hours. If this is the new format as to how they're judging, THEY SHOULD SAY SO.

    And this isn't some fair prize contest of who grew the best vegetable or something, this is an art contest. One that requires many artists to work for many days on their pieces (or hours if they're really fast but there is no contest measurement on time). Simply just by skimming them over during a short period of time is a downplay on their part as judges as well.

    One thing for sure is, if they don't say a peep and delete these call-out posts, it's just perfect evidence to show how much they "care" about their players and like to sweep mistakes they made under the rug like it's nothing.

    ---

    They didn't even bother putting out a deadline for the Priest Lore Story-WHICH they said they'd read during the stream anyways. No one else wrote anything but me on the 22nd. Of course there, one could argue that because no one else contributed, they decided to not go along with reading any entries right?

    Even though once again it seems like I may just be a person who is whining about not getting in or what-not, I actually want some answers as to why they messed up and if it was an actual error on their part or, they saw it and didn't give two ***** about it and rolled along because all they just want to do is make money.

    So, @KitTeaCup was there a deadline time for the Priest Story Lore entries as well? You were never very clear WHERE to post the entries in the forums. Maybe that's why no one else entered.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited August 27
    @xXEruneXx from what i heard from a stream if i heard right is that there won't be a stream next Friday because of PAX. That is why they said friday 24th is the last stream of the month.

    @CornishRex the world ain't perfect the game ain't either is eme perfect NO i just responded with info i heard i'm not a white knight. I guess you don't watch streams anymore or are you one of those who sit on the side lines waiting for eme to mess up and then talk. You want some facts http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/meet-the-tera-team-at-pax-west-2018 labor day weekend is next week so there won't be a stream i guess i heard right but anyways you can say now that they could have said so blah blah blah well there is a news post about PAX that's why there is no stream they said so in the stream before and I think the one before that too. The only error I see is the time idk. And yeah i'm defending them I get paid lol.
  • xXEruneXxxXEruneXx ✭✭✭
    Melyodis wrote: »
    @xXEruneXx from what i heard from a stream if i heard right is that there won't be a stream next Friday because of PAX. That is why they said friday 24th is the last stream of the month. @CornishRex the world ain't perfect the game ain't either is eme perfect NO i just responded with info i heard i'm not a white night. I guess you don't watch streams anymore or are you one of those who sit on the side lines waiting for eme to mess up and then talk. You want some facts http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/meet-the-tera-team-at-pax-west-2018 labor day weekend is next week so there won't be a stream i guess i heard right but anyways you can say now that they could have said so blah blah blah well there is a news post about PAX that's why there is no stream they said so in the stream before and i think the one before that too. The only error I see is the time idk. And yeah i'm defending them I get paid lol.

    Honestly, just trying to understand your phrasing is difficult... if you had put that sort of link up earlier, maybe your argument would be clearer. But then trying to attack me personally just negates it.

    I haven't had time to watch the streams lately myself because I had summer school (oh shocker). I don't sit around twiddling my thumbs hoping they mess up, I really DO have better things to do with my life. Is that really your go-to? You could have simply explained the facts as you understood them instead of starting by calling this all a joke and telling people to be quiet (I believe that's what you meant by "quite") about this. You want to educate me with facts, you could have taken a more constructive approach.

    Could have watched the streams, should have watched the streams, etc etc etc. Does everyone watch every single stream there is out there? And nowhere in your link was it said that there wouldn't be a stream for the end of the month, it just said that they were attending PAX.

    Also, you might want to edit your whole paragraph, because it's very unclear whether you're talking to CornishRex or me.

    And I do believe you mean white knight*.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Ok i'll edit it for you since you don't know what @ stands for, cause it was CornishRex who said I was defending EME also added shameful. My first sentence was for you @xXEruneXx I did not attack you.
  • RKC wrote: »
    This game even the community events and streams are just messed up right now. I think BH or EME is trying to kill this game on purpose. Last time my Girlfriend joined the valkyrie contest and they accused her for tracing her artwork, well she got angry and sent them a speed painting video of her working on it and they just said sorry and gave her crap consolation prize but the damage was done and my Girlfriend just abandoned this game because of that. Now they doing something again.

    yo did u play epicduel before?? ur name is familliar.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    They clearly made a mess there but you also could figure out that something was wrong with "Time limit Friday August 24th at 11:59 pm" and with "Winners announcement on Friday August 24th at 2:30 pm". Common logic tells you the time limit was wrong and it was before it says there.

    Fault on EME to not make a clarification but you cant also be angry at them when you didnt care to see the obvious.

    The point is that EME stated on multiple avenues that there was an event with a deadline for player involvement, and then EME did something that (seriously) negatively affected the ability of the player to meet the deadline for player involvement. This applies to more than a handful of things that EME do when it comes to TERA over the last few months.

    And your argument about common sense doesn't apply, because the players didn't have the information about the results being announced on Friday August 24th at 2:30 pm until the stream went live.
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    Yea not sure how people can whiteknight this. I'm sure you're not the only one who thought it was the 24th.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    And your argument about common sense doesn't apply, because the players didn't have the information about the results being announced on Friday August 24th at 2:30 pm until the stream went live.

    The problem is that what's in the news post just doesn't make sense. How could you be announcing on the stream on the 24th (which it says), if the deadline were on 11:59pm on the 24th (which it also says). So you either had to assume that the stream date was wrong, or that the deadline was wrong -- one or the other were wrong. Unfortunately I don't remember anyone noticing this until after the fact, so... you have cases like the OP where they just assumed (not wrongly) that the deadline took precedence. It's a mistake for sure.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    And your argument about common sense doesn't apply, because the players didn't have the information about the results being announced on Friday August 24th at 2:30 pm until the stream went live.

    The problem is that what's in the news post just doesn't make sense. How could you be announcing on the stream on the 24th (which it says), if the deadline were on 11:59pm on the 24th (which it also says). So you either had to assume that the stream date was wrong, or that the deadline was wrong -- one or the other were wrong. Unfortunately I don't remember anyone noticing this until after the fact, so... you have cases like the OP where they just assumed (not wrongly) that the deadline took precedence. It's a mistake for sure.

    What baffles me most isn't the dates going wrong and being announced wrong, but it just staying as-is for that long, and a last hours tweet still confirming the same.
    Basically nobody cared enough to just friggen' read it again. Nobody connected the dots up in the announcement/management team.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 28
    ElinLove wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    And your argument about common sense doesn't apply, because the players didn't have the information about the results being announced on Friday August 24th at 2:30 pm until the stream went live.

    The problem is that what's in the news post just doesn't make sense. How could you be announcing on the stream on the 24th (which it says), if the deadline were on 11:59pm on the 24th (which it also says). So you either had to assume that the stream date was wrong, or that the deadline was wrong -- one or the other were wrong. Unfortunately I don't remember anyone noticing this until after the fact, so... you have cases like the OP where they just assumed (not wrongly) that the deadline took precedence. It's a mistake for sure.

    What baffles me most isn't the dates going wrong and being announced wrong, but it just staying as-is for that long, and a last hours tweet still confirming the same.
    Basically nobody cared enough to just friggen' read it again. Nobody connected the dots up in the announcement/management team.

    Honest to god, the vast majority of people, employees or not, just skim over tiny details unless it specifically matters/is important to them. Even when they re-read it and specifically told to look for issues (sometimes multiple times!), they literally don't see it, particularly if they wrote it. You really need a strict, detail-oriented editor (someone who isn't the original author) to pour over the text to catch this kind of stuff, and a lot of small companies hire mostly generalists. So it really doesn't surprise me at all, honestly. My guess is that the person who wrote it meant AM instead of PM (as others speculated) and so just kept seeing it as what they meant instead of what it said. (I can be guilty of that myself in the stuff I write too; it makes sense in my head, and my mind just reads what I think it says...)

    The one thing that surprises me a bit, though, is that no one who was actually participating in the contest called this out beforehand this time. Issues like this often get caught by the community beforehand and addressed, but this time apparently most people either got it in before the date anyway (to avoid the issue entirely), or just figured "the earlier of the two dates applied" (so, before the stream).

    In any case, if I were the OP I would have submitted anyway by the stated deadline, and in light of the issue I expect EME would at least consider it fairly. There'd be no harm in adding another winner/runner-up, if they're deemed worthy.
  • xXEruneXxxXEruneXx ✭✭✭
    In any case, if I were the OP I would have submitted anyway by the stated deadline, and in light of the issue I expect EME would at least consider it fairly. There'd be no harm in adding another winner/runner-up, if they're deemed worthy.

    I did submit it anyways around 9 PM (before the supposedly stated 11:59 PM). KitTeaCup has noticed the issue and is now giving all the submissions (minus the ones that have already won) a community vote chance.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    xXEruneXx wrote: »
    In any case, if I were the OP I would have submitted anyway by the stated deadline, and in light of the issue I expect EME would at least consider it fairly. There'd be no harm in adding another winner/runner-up, if they're deemed worthy.

    I did submit it anyways around 9 PM (before the supposedly stated 11:59 PM). KitTeaCup has noticed the issue and is now giving all the submissions (minus the ones that have already won) a community vote chance.

    Okay, neat -- it's probably good to have one or two "community choice" slots in these contests anyway, to be honest. That way there's a second chance for those "they should have won" entries that inevitably happen.
  • xXEruneXxxXEruneXx ✭✭✭
    edited August 28
    Okay, neat -- it's probably good to have one or two "community choice" slots in these contests anyway, to be honest. That way there's a second chance for those "they should have won" entries that inevitably happen.

    That does sound like a good idea. Perhaps there could be a suggestion for them doing something like that in the future.
  • Hi everyone!

    Here's the forum post to remedy this issue! My bad for this mixup!

    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28512/priest-loading-screen-contest-part-2-community-vote#latest
  • xXEruneXxxXEruneXx ✭✭✭
    Moriax wrote: »
    all this trouble for a bunch of meh and a bunch of horrendously half done looking artwork?

    smh

    Did you even read any of the posts I made about this? The whole point was to point out the inaccuracy of their deadline times. I just wanted some answers.

    EME's response to have a community vote for the submissions was their own.

    As for insulting the works of the submissions, art isn't easy. Why don't you give it a try then?

    Calling the submissions as "horrendous" and "meh" shows the lack of good sportsmanship. Simply by writing rude comments like that never help an artist improve. Do you tell a child who felt proud about their finger painting that it's terrible? If so, by putting them down, they will never learn to do better. Go for constructive criticism instead. What could the artist work on? Is their coloring good but their anatomy needing work? What about the placement of the scene, use of perspective, foreshortening, etc.

    Art takes time and is a learning experience for all the artists.

    At science fiction and anime cons there is an event called The Masquerade. It's basically a fashion show for cosplayers. The entrees can do skits or simple walk-ons. Obviously there are some entrees who have really great costumes and those who do not. Some of those who initially started out as "meh" and "horrendous" though, keep coming back and entering in these shows. Why? Because they worked hard, and by each show, they have learned something about making their costumes and improve. Eventually they got much better and won an award.

    No one was capable of painting the quality of Da Vinci or Michelangelo the moment they were born. They had to learn and make mistakes.

2
Sign In or Register to comment.