[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Why do I keep making the same mistake again and again,returning back to this cancerous game.

Comments

• YA6LMTRK7TYA6LMTRK7T ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You still haven't got my gotten my point.I don't want just to play the game but having a fun during this process.You are like having some kind of secret
    method that still there wasn't any worthy to find.There isn't anything like that yes you can make tons of gold https://docs.google.com/document/d/13ojWqGzvOVh3Mo93IfZnb6MrflIXOVyE_LBxTqnYSVo/edit if you have no life maybe if you are ultra geared + alts in a lot less time or if you are masochist only crafting and playing with the broken everyday.Plus that as some said event are huge boost.You are playing since the beggining of arsenal patch.I don't want to count how many events i have missed and on top of that anniversary that is like 1000% boost or more.This game never have been tolerate to new players or casual gamers that actually just want to have fun and never will be don't try to prove the opposite.And i can give you an example for a perfectly balanced MMO - guild war 2 before 1-2 year i don't know the state of the game now.That is and the only mmo that i had real fun with but there was too many restriction if you don't pay to get every expansion that come like every year.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh just add golden and silver talents to actual endgame dungeons, would ease a lot of things

It's way too late for that now though, 90% of people I used to play with have quit now :D
  • That guide is total crap. I don't know what you're not getting about me being able to do what I do with only a couple hours to spare for the game a day. You don't have to no life this game at all.

You know what? Whatever. You've already made up your mind, if you hate this game so much then just uninstall
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elins make everyone return :D
  • ValiantCorvusValiantCorvus ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Okay, tell you what. I'll summarize my priest for you.

Pit x3. Usually takes me on average 20 seconds, repeat 3 times for AT LEAST 2-4 rubies per run. So let's say I get 10 rubies.

Ghillie x2. Takes me about 5 seconds per run, gives various materials as well as gems. So let's say I get at least 4.

Guardian legion. With my current gear I can do it on average 30 minutes. The gems are a mixed bag, but usually around 10k gold worth. So let's say 100.

Top tier iod. I don't do the others unless I have to for talents, I usually just buy them. Takes me about 10 minutes to finish them all. No gems, but decent gold along with tokens and materials.

I then take all of those rubies and make them into emeralds. On average I can make about 15 each day, depending on crits. The lowest price for emeralds on my server is 1200, so that's 18000 gold. That's about 45 minutes that I make close to 20k gold, and that's not even including the gold I get from vanguard's and the vanguard credits themselves.

Yes, I'm talking from the standpoint of a priest in +9, but I'm also not including what I do in my alts.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Really just 1 superior guardian mission is already a decent income
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having read through everything (it took a few tries to get through the OP), I'm with the others here; how much money one can make in a day isn't really the point here. The OP was talking about upgrading gear makes no sense past Twistshard. The note about inners seems to be there because, I think, maybe the OP was trying to offset the gear requirement in other ways only to hit a wall with broker prices.

So, really, talking about how making 50k is easy is more or less splitting hairs at the moment.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    I find the new enchantment system better. Before I could only tier 2 +12 like 2 characters each patch but now I +9 frostmetal all of my 13 toons :)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Elins make everyone return :D

At least they saved this game to be shut down in the first year :D
  • ReChoaReChoa ✭✭✭

Pit x3. Usually takes me on average 20 seconds, repeat 3 times for AT LEAST 2-4 rubies per run. So let's say I get 10 rubies.

Ghillie x2. Takes me about 5 seconds per run, gives various materials as well as gems. So let's say I get at least 4.

Guardian legion. With my current gear I can do it on average 30 minutes. The gems are a mixed bag, but usually around 10k gold worth. So let's say 100.

Top tier iod. I don't do the others unless I have to for talents, I usually just buy them. Takes me about 10 minutes to finish them all. No gems, but decent gold along with tokens and materials.

I then take all of those rubies and make them into emeralds. On average I can make about 15 each day, depending on crits. The lowest price for emeralds on my server is 1200, so that's 18000 gold. That's about 45 minutes that I make close to 20k gold, and that's not even including the gold I get from vanguard's and the vanguard credits themselves.

Yes, I'm talking from the standpoint of a priest in +9, but I'm also not including what I do in my alts.

>just 20k gold by spending most of an hour doing some of the most boring solo content
    Sure is a great system when farming the hardest content isn't even the best way to make money, or get all the mats you need, and won't even get you a single attempt on HO.
  • ValiantCorvusValiantCorvus ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    ReChoa wrote: »

>just 20k gold by spending most of an hour doing some of the most boring solo content
    Sure is a great system when farming the hardest content isn't even the best way to make money, or get all the mats you need, and won't even get you a single attempt on HO.
    There isn't a single MMO in existence that doesn't have some sort of grind element to it.

To complain about that just tells me that you shouldn't be playing an MMO.

• edited August 2018
    ReChoa wrote: »

There isn't a single MMO in existence that doesn't have some sort of grind element to it.

To complain about that just tells me that you shouldn't be playing an MMO.

The thing people complain about is that you have to grind "easy" content to help "pay for" the harder content, and you can't sustain yourself by only grinding the harder content (the thing many find more fun) alone. People think that the harder content should be more rewarding correlating to its difficulty. That said, this is obviously by design from BHS -- they are purposefully trying to force geared people to run the lesser content so they have "more to do." This sort of micromanagement and forcing people to endure perceived tedium rather than doing what they find fun is what's leading to this resentment even more than the "grind." It's no different than how PvP-focused players feel forced to do PvE or solo tedium they don't enjoy just to efficiently do the things they do enjoy. The game has different demographics and rather than making parallel paths equally efficient and worthwhile, they try to force people to do the things they don't want -- so naturally, people get mad about it.
  • @ValiantCorvus

Doesnt end game still require quite the dps/gear/class check? (ie 5min timer on AAHM and timer on DS)
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    OP's right. Enchanting into stormcry and beyond to heroic oath is a terrible experience. Talents are easy to get, but obtaining them is boring as hell and you'd have to be a robot to not get sick of farming solo content for them after the first week. The old enchanting system was actually superior; feedstock was obtainable at every level of content and MWA had a steady supply in the broker and could be obtained for VG credits at a reasonable rate. There were also a bunch of events that handed the enchanting materials out since EME realized back then that the enchanting system called for a virtually unlimited amount of the things and didn't shy away from doling out the bottleneck materials like they do now. If we could grind item xp until the success rate was 100%, or if we could grind talents from any dungeon like we could with feedstock, then the current system would be just fine. But we can't. So it sucks. If you disagree, then you're either really good at doing the same thing a lot without getting frustrated (I personally did the iod grind for 2 months before opting out, and the game I played prior was maplestory, where all I did was grind, so really -- kudos if you're not bored yet), or you've only been back for a couple of months and haven't felt the oppressive grind yet.

To reiterate though: I have no problem with grind when it's done right. I'd gladly grind AAHM 50 times if it meant a surefire progression to heroic oath due to a 100% success rate item xp system. I'd do that with a big smile on my face the entire time, and it wouldn't even feel like work. But you're [filtered] nuts if you think I'm gonna spend my free time doing mickey mouse dungeons all day when there're a bunch of better games out right now that don't feel like an obligation.