[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

PvP Sync Queue

Dear all,
What do you guys think about PvP Sync Queue in FWC and CS?
I open this as discussion and input for better Tera Life for newbies and veterans, hope EME Staff will not delete this post.

My opinion, I agree that we can sync queue with friend(s), as long teams in battle will both have same/similar total personal point.
For instance, I assume each player has approx 1050-1100 personal point, so in 15 people personal FWC queue will have 15750-16500 total point. Let say 2 people with personal point of 1400 and 1500 sync queue, that team will better have more people with below average point (like 13 players with the average personal point of 988-1046) so in total they will still have the same/similar total point.

Sorry, couldn't change my forum nickname

My IGN
Dismantle - Tempest Reach
Feixa - Tempest Reach

Comments

• Im pretty sure same kind of ideas have been given over time, problem is Matchmaking is in the coding so EME cant help us at all beside telling our concern to BHS.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I sent a support ticket about it (2-3 months ago) with details of how it works, how and which people are abusing it and what effects it has. Got an automated response /shrug
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Go over to the ktera forums and voice your concerns there you'll have a better chance at BHS reading it.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Koikoi said:
    > Go over to the ktera forums and voice your concerns there you'll have a better chance at BHS reading it.

tbh taking your time to learn korean and going to ktera forums to complain about sync queues will probably result in a faster response and fix compared to eme "forwarding" the suggestion to bhs that will then "listen" to it aka throw it into their NA players trash bin.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's that much of an issue compared to other problems with pvp. This is actually fairly minor
  • The matchmaking system is trash, that's the problem.

Shilling my ignored post :
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/27960/constant-degradation-of-pvp-is-appalling/p1

:)
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @StarSprite said:
    > I don't think it's that much of an issue compared to other problems with pvp. This is actually fairly minor

You're joking right?

Class balance. Optimisation etc are all massive concerns too but PvP match making is at an all time low.

Repost:

The problem lays with how the match making works, or doesn't work rather.

As of right now the match making system just throws whoever queues into a line onto teams, with zero thought on how it's making raid comps.

DPS and Tanks are all mixed together in the queue. You can have games with 0 tanks vs 3 brawlers and 2 lancers.
    I have seen games with 4 berserkers vs 4 reapers, it's absolutely horrible.
    Healers are the only thing that gets divided properly, and even then you can have 4 mystics vs 4 priests.

What needs to happen is the match making gets tweaked so you have a proper amount of dps, tanks with mystic/priests balanced.

Item lvl of gear should also count on what raid you are placed, along with current ranking.

Then that would almost solve the current problem with full sync teams vs equalized/no experience teams.
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I believe she was referencing OP's post regarding how games have greater ranking point differences between teams which is a minor issue. What you're saying, is the issue, the class differences...which we can all agree is bad. The matchmaking system doesn't take into account class or rankings. Only Healer/Not Healer.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @ZingoPingo said:
    > I believe she was referencing OP's post regarding how games have greater ranking point differences between teams which is a minor issue. What you're saying, is the issue, the class differences...which we can all agree is bad. The matchmaking system doesn't take into account class or rankings. Only Healer/Not Healer.

Well in essence the OP is basically saying what I am... Just not as in depth.

The sync Q's usually have 5-10 people 1200-1500 rating each.

Placed against 15 eq players with 800-1100 ? Max each.

If those 5-10 were split properly between the 2 raids, games would be better.
  • This also happens on consoles. Athens from Dracolith abuses it to get an edge on battlegrounds.
  • Bump, fix the matchmaking.

BHS could at least just make it random instead of a line type que. But as others have said, putting your hopes into BHS to change things is horrible. Could take even longer then talents lol.