The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• I see this as a completely asinine argument.

If you would read the FAQ post, they offer free transfers if you do not want to deal with the borderline ghost towning of CH. Trust me, I would know. I'm currently sitting in Highwatch as I'm typing this and it's dead. It's hard to mess with an RP realm because it is a specialized realm for specialty players, even if no one does it. Even WoW had server generalizations with their last expansion and they removed the PvP tag from servers entirely, but they did not remove the RP tag from some, leaving them as a genuine place for people to go and RP.

Also, people on CH could not handle being merged with another server. Other servers are toxic, plain and simple. Sure, there are some good eggs and such, but the environment on MT and TR and FF and (bless your heart) AV is different. CH people are crybabies and they could not handle being told they are bad or being told that they're weird or annoying. I've watched hour long arguments go on in Velika based on someone calling another someone's elin "ugly."

I highly suggest you go and you look through the FAQ and try to see from a different PoV.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    As a CH player i was so hyped for the server merge and look at it now... nothing!
    Im so sad, mad and disappointed... CH is so dead in all aspects, its hard to find people for LFG's because most of them MOVED to TR, there is literally NO RPing going on ever and believe me i know! I have been on DAILY for the past 2 and a half YEARS!

Pls EME merge us to we deserve it!

Well there is a few RP groups here and there, small but you gotta know people...iirc it's like The blue caravan or something?...House Arboera jumps in as well. I know one of my friends goes to a gala thing they do now and again but yeahhhhh, gotta know people really...Desire isn't really around much and don't really hold public casnio nights anymore as far as I know (or at least announce like before)
  • DesuBeanDesuBean ✭✭✭
    > @voidy said:
    > Vinyltails wrote: »
    >
    > i called it the moment i heard of the merge and ii laughed my head off when i read i was right
    >
    > World isn't ready for our dead CH server memes and personalities
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I also jokingly called this, and even wrote a few posts preemptively warning about why it would be a bad idea to isolate CH, but in the back of my mind I always hoped EME wouldn't actually leave CH out in the cold like this.
    > Well, here we are. The few people I know left in this dead server have given up after hearing this news and are either quitting or moving to play on Gameforge's client.
    >
    > You guys should seriously reconsider leaving CH alone like this, or at the very least offer PvE players a voucher off the RP server.
    > DesuBean wrote: »
    >
    > I don't see the problem.
    >
    >
    >
    > That's because you haven't read the thread and you probably don't even play on CH if you think it's active and don't see a problem.

Hi, my name is Central. I play here lots.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont u worry CH and other servers will be combined into 1 not so big aroused steaming pile of pleasure during next server merge that i believe takes place much sooner than later. stay tuned brosephs!!!11
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    This end up as the last merge about cosmetics and limit character slots.

Basically telling us that our paid cosmetics are not important and that we have to chose what paid cosmetics we will lose because they wont rebind anything if we have cosmetics on all characters.

No solution for the max bank storage in use, no solution for the max pet banks storage already in use.

Meh, we already new this will be the same as the last merge.

Hope no one lose too much from this (Kamizuma will have it worst I think).

The *only* reason why I'm okay with CH not being in the merger is because it temporarily reduces the amount of character crunch. According to the FAQ, the wardrobe only has a max of 4 temporary slots, and anything surplus gets deleted. If they merge 2 servers, you won't exceed more than 4 temp wardrobe, but if you merge 3 servers you would. So in the interests of preventing mass deletions of people's costumes, you're better not merging 3 at once. Of course they're providing a free transfer period before the merger, so my guess is that a lot of CH people will just move to another server, and then CH will be back in this position eventually... but if you do it in two steps, you reduce the likelihood of people losing wardrobe stuff. The fact the wardrobe system works this way is also stupid... but that's basically the only reason I'm okay with leaving CH out for now.

To say I'm disappointed that none of the ideas we've proposed for how to handle this better over the years were implemented would be the understatement of the year.
  • YordanYordan ✭✭✭
    They simply made decision to stay with 3 servers after merges and CH pulled short straw xD.

Thought process - *Nobody plays there anyway*
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    As a CH player i was so hyped for the server merge and look at it now... nothing!
    Im so sad, mad and disappointed... CH is so dead in all aspects, its hard to find people for LFG's because most of them MOVED to TR, there is literally NO RPing going on ever and believe me i know! I have been on DAILY for the past 2 and a half YEARS!

Pls EME merge us to we deserve it!

Well there is a few RP groups here and there, small but you gotta know people...iirc it's like The blue caravan or something?...House Arboera jumps in as well. I know one of my friends goes to a gala thing they do now and again but yeahhhhh, gotta know people really...Desire isn't really around much and don't really hold public casnio nights anymore as far as I know (or at least announce like before)

yea thats what i ment no open world RP's anymore (should have said it more detailed sorry) and im in Desire myself its still pretty active PVE wise but we dont RP at all atm.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    4DR9CXNYD3 wrote: »
    I see this as a completely asinine argument.

If you would read the FAQ post, they offer free transfers if you do not want to deal with the borderline ghost towning of CH. Trust me, I would know. I'm currently sitting in Highwatch as I'm typing this and it's dead. It's hard to mess with an RP realm because it is a specialized realm for specialty players, even if no one does it. Even WoW had server generalizations with their last expansion and they removed the PvP tag from servers entirely, but they did not remove the RP tag from some, leaving them as a genuine place for people to go and RP.

Also, people on CH could not handle being merged with another server. Other servers are toxic, plain and simple. Sure, there are some good eggs and such, but the environment on MT and TR and FF and (bless your heart) AV is different. CH people are crybabies and they could not handle being told they are bad or being told that they're weird or annoying. I've watched hour long arguments go on in Velika based on someone calling another someone's elin "ugly."

I highly suggest you go and you look through the FAQ and try to see from a different PoV.

Will I get 18 character slots on tr to transfer my characters to? :D
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    Some GM said that they wouldn't discriminate any RP in their game, but by keeping CH apart from the rest they are already discriminating. Furthermore they are damaging the population with this moronic decision as many of the few active players will seek to transfer into the new merged servers, leaving CH in a worse state than it is now, a deader server that by any TRUE management and business point of view should be closed or merged.
  • YungNAYungNA ✭✭
    DesuBean wrote: »
    Ch deserves to be a standalone server, hue. Ch is still active and if anything this will make new players actually play in ch. Then to rather be split of onto servers like ff or av.
    I don't see the problem.
    Its fine if you have an static and want the leaderboard for yourself. Tho thats only 1% of population. Everyone whos not in your position or a whale is [filtered].

• The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    This end up as the last merge about cosmetics and limit character slots.

Basically telling us that our paid cosmetics are not important and that we have to chose what paid cosmetics we will lose because they wont rebind anything if we have cosmetics on all characters.

No solution for the max bank storage in use, no solution for the max pet banks storage already in use.

Meh, we already new this will be the same as the last merge.

Hope no one lose too much from this (Kamizuma will have it worst I think).

i know this i started deleting some of my chars and most if not all are in some costume.. i tried to get some unbound but nope.. and yet they say on the merge to not delete chars have costumes.. but then we are limited on what slots anyway. honestly im done been here since beta and im treated like sore garbage i think this will be last thread that will snap alot of us here. and personally this will make more people quit the game in the end anyway. all that money gone.. wasted.. specially on outfits cant get anymore. gl guys playing with fire now.