The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    free transfers = even more empty CH server :C
  • Kirasaka wrote: »
    The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.

Cant wait to see everyone leave ch the second those transfers open up. Be realistic that is whats going to happen. Would certainly like to see these 'data driven observations' as they dont match what the playerbase is observing ingame.

We'll let the data decide what happens; THAT is realistic.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    The decision to not merge CH currently is based on our data-driven observations, not conjecture or opinion about the health of the server. We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers. Again, free transfers will open up on Thursday, September 6th after maintenance concludes.

Have you asked the few players on CH about their opinions on the server merge? Or maybe gone into the various discussion media where players from CH have discussed server merges?

And have you considered what may happen when you open up the free server merges with the bigger servers as it is?
  • i dont know.. ive been on ch.. if im not attacked by rudeness. its deader then what dead can ever be. ah well whatever reason is i dont play it anymore at least. but still feel bad for em regardless
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kirasaka wrote: »

Cant wait to see everyone leave ch the second those transfers open up. Be realistic that is whats going to happen. Would certainly like to see these 'data driven observations' as they dont match what the playerbase is observing ingame.

And if you let the data decide that all of a sudden, now you're going to be in a situation where people with characters on all three PvE servers are going to have more than maximum amount of temporary wardrobe slots, and suddenly (because of the "pivot") people with lots of cash shop cosmetics will find them deleted (per the FAQ), although that will not be the case now. So, if you do decide to change your mind, please delay the merger accordingly and make sure everyone in this situation is made aware of the high risk of cash shop item deletion.
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    @seandynamite i would also like to see those Data numbers please
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭

What kind of data? taking in account only players online whether they are just standings still or actually doing

What data though? because having a number of people in-game, not doing anything afk or simply chatting doesn't account for overall player activity. Would you know that there is only a selected number of players playing content, on different characters but again, just a selected number of players? Whose activity would be lesser than that of the servers that are to be merged? Sadly we are kept in the dark to all of your decisions until they are made effective, with players having no say in things that will affect them. Did you even think of holding a poll for CH players who want or not the merge? and make it something precise limited to only CH players that are eligible to vote.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    DesuBean wrote: »
    > @voidy said:
    > Vinyltails wrote: »
    >
    > i called it the moment i heard of the merge and ii laughed my head off when i read i was right
    >
    > World isn't ready for our dead CH server memes and personalities
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I also jokingly called this, and even wrote a few posts preemptively warning about why it would be a bad idea to isolate CH, but in the back of my mind I always hoped EME wouldn't actually leave CH out in the cold like this.
    > Well, here we are. The few people I know left in this dead server have given up after hearing this news and are either quitting or moving to play on Gameforge's client.
    >
    > You guys should seriously reconsider leaving CH alone like this, or at the very least offer PvE players a voucher off the RP server.
    > DesuBean wrote: »
    >
    > I don't see the problem.
    >
    >
    >
    > That's because you haven't read the thread and you probably don't even play on CH if you think it's active and don't see a problem.

Hi, my name is Central. I play here lots.

I've seen you before, making AAHM LFGs that never fill because the server's dead, and cross-queuing AAHM to get into the top 3 leaderboard spots because nobody does anything on CH. I don't understand how you can say there's not a problem when it's pretty obvious that there is one and you clearly experience it constantly, but ok.

• DesuBean wrote: »
    Ch deserves to be a standalone server, hue. Ch is still active and if anything this will make new players actually play in ch. Then to rather be split of onto servers like ff or av.
    I don't see the problem.

you're a fokcing meme central go away >:c #SAVECH cant really transfer all 16 characters without losing too much in the process. too much stuff and wardrobe 4 tabs almost full too :v rip mEME rip tera
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you like, once, listen to the community lmao
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get at least a name wipe? I recently transffered to CH and lost my name to a lvl 42 character that no longer plays :(
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    If anything, CH players DESERVE to know exactly on what data you are basing this travesty if you are to keep them excluded. I am sure EME has never given a solid justification for MANY of their questionable decisions but it's never late to do things the right way.