Official POLL for new server names here! (twitter links)

EME decided to use Twitter instead of their official forums to hold these polls over the 2 new server names, so i'll just link it here for you all, so cast your votes people!

PVP Poll:

PVE Poll:

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    insert 'LOK! LOK! LOK!' quotes
  • Rip original server names. Kind of infuriating
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    tch, no Scythera Fae for PVE...

I want muh cutesy place as the server's name!
  • EME should come on "the official forums" more often
  • How about we keep names of places instead of gods
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Where's Arun and Shara as options?

WTF!? Kaia should have been an option for PvP name!
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we keep names of places instead of gods

I mean if they're going to put goddesses, at least add Elinu dang it...

Then it'll end like:

Velik
    Kaia
    CELESTIAL HILLS...

that one place thrown at random with 2 goddesses without a care in the world
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    @ElinLove holy [filtered] that will look hilarious

it will be clear which server is the unwanted child
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »
    @ElinLove holy [filtered] that will look hilarious

it will be clear which server is the unwanted child

To make it worse, the PvE pool name has god names that fit better with PvP servers and PvP pool has god names that fit better with PvE servers.

WTF!?

Just to make an example we can look at Balder's lore:
    Even as a child, Balder was held in high regard by all the other gods, who saw many qualities of his mother, Elinu, when they looked at him. After Tithus’s death, Balder became the peacekeeper among the gods. Despite deep divisions and bitter rivalries among the gods, almost everyone respected Balder, who was entrusted with the keys to the heavenly abode where the gods were at their strongest.

Karas’s curse of darkness came to an end when Balder sacrificed his sight so that others in the world could see. Balder tore out his own eyes and hurled them into the sky, where they became the twin suns that give the world light to this day.

Yet even the wisdom of Balder could not keep the gods at peace forever. Balder’s twin sister, Ishara, sought Balder’s power and convinced their older brother Lok that Balder was descending into madness. Lok killed Balder and stole the keys to the gods’ heavenly abode.

And compare it with Kaia's lore:
    Kaia is the Goddess of the Amani and one of the daughters of Zuras and Saleron . She is the protector of Kaiator, and constantly fights to free the Amani from the influence of the Devas. She is also known as the Goddess of War to all other races.
    She appears more towards the end of the Argon War quest chain, giving the player advice and even fighting part of the Argon army once. After Shandra Manaya is slain, she appears to congratulate the player on his/her success.
  • Also, Im no lore expert but im pretty sure the pve names should actually be for pvp and vice versa.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    I honestly wish it would just be Mount Tyrannus and Tempest Reach. Why change their names.
    And why after god/goddesses? We should have locations like we've always had.
  • It is kinda funny how they randomly decided to give like, EU style server name options but I actually like Velik for PVP and Kaia for PVE. Makes sense. Velik, cause, Civil Unrest Velika is the biggest PVP content, and Kaia, being the war goddess who you walk into battle against the argons at her side (PVE content) makes sense to me. They are also two of my fav gods in TERA. So even though its gonna be hilarious to have Velik, Kaia, and Celestial Hills, I'm happy with this actually.
  • Yeah, 6 year old naming conventions are overrated anyway. I say we just name the servers dead and deader and get it out in the open.
  • I really don't like any of the choices for the names of the new servers. I think they should merge what they are going to merge and keep the name of each server whichever was the most popular and most populated.