[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Official POLL for new server names here! (twitter links)

Comments

• I really don't like any of the choices for the names of the new servers. I think they should merge what they are going to merge and keep the name of each server whichever was the most popular and most populated.

I agree. Keep TR and MT, there's no need to rename them, especially since they existed since the game came out.
  • Well lets keep AV and FF since I have more chars on each
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ray676 wrote: »
    I really don't like any of the choices for the names of the new servers. I think they should merge what they are going to merge and keep the name of each server whichever was the most popular and most populated.

I agree. Keep TR and MT, there's no need to rename them, especially since they existed since the game came out.

They dont. MT and TR exist after the first merge 4 months later the game came out.
    The previous 11 servers will combine into the 3 servers, each with a different rule set; PvE, PvP, and RP.

Basilisk Crag, Feral Valley, Jagged Coast, and Valley of Titans will become one PvP server. (MT)

Arachnaea, Blightwood, Dragonfall, Freeholds, Serpentis Isle, and Frost Reach will become one PvE server. (TR)

Celestial Hills will remain the only RP server with no servers merging into it.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I really don't like any of the choices for the names of the new servers. I think they should merge what they are going to merge and keep the name of each server whichever was the most popular and most populated.

They dont. MT and TR exist after the first merge 4 months later the game came out.
    The previous 11 servers will combine into the 3 servers, each with a different rule set; PvE, PvP, and RP.

Basilisk Crag, Feral Valley, Jagged Coast, and Valley of Titans will become one PvP server. (MT)

Arachnaea, Blightwood, Dragonfall, Freeholds, Serpentis Isle, and Frost Reach will become one PvE server. (TR)

- edited out since I posted this before your edit -

Also, they recreated then Frost Reach and Valley of Titans? (unless I'm mixing some names up)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

- edited out since I posted this before your edit -

Also, they recreated then Frost Reach and Valley of Titans? (unless I'm mixing some names up)

Ascension Valley was created later and so Valley of Titans (a new server with the same name of a previous one merged) and Lake of Tears when it went F2P and last was Highwatch at Steam launch. It took less than a year to get all those server like ghost towns again, pretty much the incompetence of the GMs on that time, yeah, the ones some players give so much credit but reallity is they were the ones present in the biggest failure for TERA NA so far.
  • Two and a half points about this -
    1. Kaia is pretty widely seen as the Goddess of War, even to people with little knowledge about lore such as myself, if anything - that should be the PVP server. Velik has Velik's Sanctuary for Ghillieglade and Velik's Blessing in dungeons, that would make a lot more sense for the designated PVE server.
    tldr Kaia = PVP, Velik = PVE
    2. EU servers use god and goddess names. While the options are different, we should probably stay away from similar, as we already get questions about "why can't I play with my friend" when they're on two different regions. Having distinct server names makes it easier to explain to them they are split.
    2.5 since half related to previous - We had a naming scheme that was map regions, EU has gods, console has BAMs? We should try to stick with the naming scheme we had. There are tons of map regions that are unused as server names.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Dragonfall for life.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    So, instead of using their official website/forum, they've put the poll on twitter (3rd party website), excluding anyone without a twitter (3rd party website) account from voting. Nice.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Kirasaka wrote: »
    TJKat wrote: »
    So, instead of using their official website/forum, they've put the poll on twitter (3rd party website), excluding anyone without a twitter (3rd party website) account from voting. Nice.
    Heres your reason as to why the poll wasnt on the official website.... Because 'its a nice way'
    a7c25672d4c372d7ecdfe4cb013d1b3d.png

aka 'more people use twitter than forums, including us Kappa'
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    A better way would have been if they had the poll here on the forums or even better on their main page on their website and ADVERTISED it on twitter, you know with link to the poll etc.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    A better way would have been if they had the poll here on the forums or even better on their main page on their website and ADVERTISED it on twitter, you know with link to the poll etc.

That would be smart, too smart infact
  • Babbelsim wrote: »

it makes too much sense. I guess its part of the game outside the game where you have to go on quests for information pertaining to the game.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Kaia would be a badass pvp server name
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    @KitTeaCup

Twitter is NOT 'a nice way to share the poll'. EVERYONE who plays the game has an account for THIS website. The same can't be said for twitter.