[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• Digivolve wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »

armchair_datascientists.jpg?width=1088&height=531

Well no staff member of any publisher/developer will every tell you "Yup! The game is dying!"

Besides that, even if a lot of the population is just logged-in to AFK, or it's full of people doing leveling content, or people only do endgame content in their guilds and don't use LFG/IM, or whatever else, they're still users on the server. The metrics game companies use are basically traffic and conversion, and it is totally possible that CH looks okay by those limited metrics. But game companies don't have metrics for "player-perceived server health" other than feedback in threads like this. They also certainly don't have bulletproof ways of predicting how their decisions will impact the objective metrics. Then again, to be honest, neither do we; everyone just argues for what they feel will lead to the best result.
  • I wonder if they counted the gold sellers as players in their data research?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    If the game is alive and well, then there wouldn't be server merges in 2 weeks.

This game has never been alive and well if that is a way you measure it.

September 2012 had his first merge from 11 servers to only 3 servers. That was only 4 months of TERA being launched on NA. A great failure if you take a good thought on that.

TERA PC at launch was even worst than console version :v

Game was fine when I started back in 2013, way compared to how it is now. When I started there was like 7 servers.

If you started when it was 7 servers then you did it on jun 2015 or later.
    kubitoid wrote: »
    TinFoilHatMode: ON
    ...or maybe remaining CH whales cooperated and payed EME to get CH excluded from merge...
    TinFoilHatMode: OFF

Even if you are trolling with that post, believe me that sounds very convincing.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭

September 2012 had his first merge from 11 servers to only 3 servers. That was only 4 months of TERA being launched on NA. A great failure if you take a good thought on that.

Game was fine when I started back in 2013, way compared to how it is now. When I started there was like 7 servers.

If you started when it was 7 servers then you did it on jun 2015 or later.
    kubitoid wrote: »
    TinFoilHatMode: ON
    ...or maybe remaining CH whales cooperated and payed EME to get CH excluded from merge...
    TinFoilHatMode: OFF

Even if you are trolling with that post, believe me that sounds very convincing.

Just saying how much I remember, which was like 7. Could be wrong. I started in October 2013.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    @MadameDryIce and anyone else who feels like reading:

I don't run many dungeons when I play not because there aren't people to play with, but because I find most of them a massive slog. Many other people have concurred that it's simply not worth it half the time thanks in part to wacky reward scaling. Having more people to play the same BS dungeons isn't suddenly going to make me want to run those same BS dungeons.

Then you are not different than someone who login just to afk for hours, by eme "data", and your time online contributes to nothing except numbers on what they base something that is not, player activity. If anything it is because of players like you, with that attitude, that CH is damned.

Hang on... are you trying to demonize me for not doing something that I find to be a pain in the a**?

Yes he is, that's how it works around here after all: You do as I want or you're my enemy.

Just back at my post a few pages ago: anyone can play whoever they like, be it AFKing to appreciate the scenario or read the chat bullcrap, adding to that chat bullcrap, appreciating Elin panties silently or spamming the end game dungeons. And it really should be properly metered what are the faulty areas in each server, what is driving people to do less of each content and what content to invest more into. But we all know how some people think there is only one right way to play you see, and anyone that deviates from this, again, is an enemy that should be weeded out and is ruining the community.
    The ones deciding how others should or should not play definitely are doing a great job at making a better community no?
  • I'm in favor of leaving CH as is. What should happen though, is that people get the option to transfer off to any of the other servers, or the new ones, so hopefully those that don't actually RP (yet are on the RP server anyways) can go away and leave those that want to do so alone.
  • Nilkemios wrote: »
    I'm in favor of leaving CH as is. What should happen though, is that people get the option to transfer off to any of the other servers, or the new ones, so hopefully those that don't actually RP (yet are on the RP server anyways) can go away and leave those that want to do so alone.

For what it's worth, this is actually what is scheduled to happen right now, assuming nothing changes.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nilkemios wrote: »
    I'm in favor of leaving CH as is. What should happen though, is that people get the option to transfer off to any of the other servers, or the new ones, so hopefully those that don't actually RP (yet are on the RP server anyways) can go away and leave those that want to do so alone.

For what it's worth, this is actually what is scheduled to happen right now, assuming nothing changes.

If that is what EME wants then they need to be more fair about what players can transfer with their characters u_u
  • ReChoaReChoa ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Nilkemios wrote: »

That's stupid, people lose a lot more if they're forced to transfer off than merged, you don't get priority for names, you don't keep any of your character slots, you don't have any of your bank/wardrobe slots, you're limited to how much you can transfer over, if you're in a guild that's completely gone too. The RP community on the server isn't so large it can dictate the fate of the entire server, and either way, the server being merged doesn't affect anyone who just RPs, you guys can continue to do what you want, nothing will change, you're not gonna be told to not RP just because you're in a larger server.
    But that's whats currently happening, everyone's given free transfers but you know what happening as a result? People are quitting, they'd rather start over on EU or just not play at all than transfer off the server after many months of telling EME they need to be merged.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    @Kaizoe that was so beautiful written, thank you for saying the right word i could not find

On other news for people who do not come on Discord, this is what KitTeaCup had to say over the matter
    IlV5MqZ.png

so make sure you tune in on the Friday Livestream

But the free transfers start Thursday, before the live stream.

people can wait 1 damn day to see if the decison has changed

Oh wait no they can't cause everyone is inpatient as all hell

More like there's a time limit on how long you can transfer and how long you have to wait before you can transfer again, so every day matters.

You can always just Transfer 1 time, just make an alt on the servers (before or after) to see if you like the server before transfering over

Simple..no wait period on transfer if you only transfer once

That's fair.

According to a lot of people, that's actually the case. The game's been in a population decline, with regular upticks every 6 months due to new content, ever since it went f2p. Steam brought another massive surge, and then sure enough a 30% drop. It could actually be said that Tera's history is a history of minor upticks followed by massive drops that far outweigh the gains. :(
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    BH doesn't care if NA tera dies. They have other servers other than NA that likes the game as it is and its future patches. NA servers is the most winy server ever not because the game is bad but because the demographic for NA players doesn't really fit well with the Asian MMO demography.

I have to admit Im from asia that plays on NA with 300 ping for 5 years straight. I have been on and off with tera, most of the time when I exhaust the current patch. I take breaks as to not burn out in the game and I just gear up enough for me to actually have fun with my 13 toons.

Lately yes the current state of NA TERA is at a downhill right now. The one that made it clear is that when servers merge it means low population and severs are currently empty making it feel like your playing alone. NA tera is a 6 year old game lots of new MMO's will always be more favored than a MMO that is 6 years old.
  • Really hoping EME reconsider its decision. Merge CH please!
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    @MadameDryIce and anyone else who feels like reading:

I don't run many dungeons when I play not because there aren't people to play with, but because I find most of them a massive slog. Many other people have concurred that it's simply not worth it half the time thanks in part to wacky reward scaling. Having more people to play the same BS dungeons isn't suddenly going to make me want to run those same BS dungeons.

Then you are not different than someone who login just to afk for hours, by eme "data", and your time online contributes to nothing except numbers on what they base something that is not, player activity. If anything it is because of players like you, with that attitude, that CH is damned.

Hang on... are you trying to demonize me for not doing something that I find to be a pain in the a**?

Yes he is, that's how it works around here after all: You do as I want or you're my enemy.

Just back at my post a few pages ago: anyone can play whoever they like, be it AFKing to appreciate the scenario or read the chat bullcrap, adding to that chat bullcrap, appreciating Elin panties silently or spamming the end game dungeons. And it really should be properly metered what are the faulty areas in each server, what is driving people to do less of each content and what content to invest more into. But we all know how some people think there is only one right way to play you see, and anyone that deviates from this, again, is an enemy that should be weeded out and is ruining the community.
    The ones deciding how others should or should not play definitely are doing a great job at making a better community no?

You are dumb, it was because others that have come to comment wanting to keep CH excluded did with other reasonable motives, he was just being a [filtered] "And on that note, I'm out this b*tch." being entitled that only his situtation as roleplayer and extreme-to-the-bone-casual is to be prioritized. By all means someone like SageWindu doesn't even need to be online in a MMORPG to do what he wants to do.
  • Transfer starts Thursday.. but more info Q&A on friday stream!! Really???? Please atleast post details on how many slots we are getting so people can prepare. 2 days left till server merge free transfers and no annoucements made. Where is our CM????? Also, Save CH please.