[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »
    @MadameDryIce and anyone else who feels like reading:

I don't run many dungeons when I play not because there aren't people to play with, but because I find most of them a massive slog. Many other people have concurred that it's simply not worth it half the time thanks in part to wacky reward scaling. Having more people to play the same BS dungeons isn't suddenly going to make me want to run those same BS dungeons.

Then you are not different than someone who login just to afk for hours, by eme "data", and your time online contributes to nothing except numbers on what they base something that is not, player activity. If anything it is because of players like you, with that attitude, that CH is damned.

Hang on... are you trying to demonize me for not doing something that I find to be a pain in the a**?

Yes he is, that's how it works around here after all: You do as I want or you're my enemy.

Just back at my post a few pages ago: anyone can play whoever they like, be it AFKing to appreciate the scenario or read the chat bullcrap, adding to that chat bullcrap, appreciating Elin panties silently or spamming the end game dungeons. And it really should be properly metered what are the faulty areas in each server, what is driving people to do less of each content and what content to invest more into. But we all know how some people think there is only one right way to play you see, and anyone that deviates from this, again, is an enemy that should be weeded out and is ruining the community.
    The ones deciding how others should or should not play definitely are doing a great job at making a better community no?

You are dumb, it was because others that have come to comment wanting to keep CH excluded did with other reasonable motives, he was just being a [filtered] "And on that note, I'm out this b*tch." being entitled that only his situtation as roleplayer and extreme-to-the-bone-casual is to be prioritized. By all means someone like SageWindu doesn't even need to be online in a MMORPG to do what he wants to do.

Wow. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

For starters, the part you quoted, I basically said "I don't run many dungeons these days; they're not worth the hassle. Having more people isn't going to suddenly eliminate that hassle and make me run those dungeons. So I do other stuff instead." And you tried to demonize me for not doing something I DON'T LIKE and for, apparently, not playing the game the way YOU play it, saying that I was no different than AFKers.

Now, I could fire back with some very choice words, but I won't because that will do neither of us any good. But I will say that I was against all merges and always have been, because - and I'm going to put this as simply as I can - if the other problems were fixed instead, people would not have left in the first place. Find the source of the problem and fix that and we wouldn't even be having this conversation because we wouldn't need it.

In the future, you may want to make sure you know what people are saying before trying to call them out on it.

It's not their fault. They are just used to getting their way, so it's just second nature for them to try and control everyone they can. There are even idiots out there saying people should be forced onto CH to make up for the fact they won't be merged. Like really?

No doubt once the merge is finished, and they still can't magically fill dungeon runs as fast as they demand, we'll see countless posts from them demanding that everyone play dungeons. It's just never ending with those people. They say we're entitled as they all act like crazed dictators.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Seriously, you guys whine like babies that EME doesn't respond, but every time they do, you just whine more. Sean told you what the deal was. I guess you guys are too used to getting your way or something. I guess having temper tantrums worked to get the server merges in the first place, so you must be thinking more tantrums will get you CH merged to. Who knows. EME does seem to act like the parents of troubled children, so yeah, maybe the tantrums will work.

Ironically you were the one doing the whining on the forums before you quit, I don't understand the hypocrisy. It's clear at this point that you're saying these things just to provoke people without any intelligent input on the whole situation.

Most people here are not even throwing temper tantrums, they're writing thought out and heartfelt posts while you're storming in like an angry witch insulting them.

Both you and I know how the eme team is, you siding with them now just to spite people is pathetic.

You don't have anything intelligent to add to this matter nor do you play this game anymore so I kindly ask you to stop trolling and go back to being an angry mother or whatever.

To stay on-topic I'm bringing back another Sean's zinger, back in march, what a classic

armchair_datascientists.jpg?width=1088&height=531

All I got from that was: "Whine cry, whine cry, EME lies, go away." No, not much intelligence there.

You're having a tantrum when there are plenty of options and the server might get merged anyway. I also love how you people always think you're way or the highway. You've completely ignored the posts of the people happy that CH isn't merging. The fact that you're a bunch of spoiled brats, doesn't ring untrue just because you don't like the truth.

Obviously, there was a reason they didn't plan on merging CH. You're assumption that Sean is completely lying is pretty pathetic given that if CH were really dead, I highly doubt EME would have left that server alone. So stop trying to be an arrogant [filtered] (Equitas wannabe) and grow up son.

You really are a good example to follow for your children.

Keep up the good work.

Your comebacks are total trash. You should really get out more. Unlike you, my children have a grasp of reality. They aren't preaching to force people onto CH just to demand a certain number of players on all servers. Yeah, force people onto a roleplay server. You're absolutely brilliant!
  • dreamcast87dreamcast87 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    > @seandynamite said:
    > We will be monitoring the transfers in and out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers.

I fixed the typo.

“We will be monitoring the transfers out of the server to determine if there is reason to pivot on this decision and merge it along with the other PvE servers.”
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Please merge CH, too.

BTW some excellent points have been made, here, both for and against (as well as the usual hyperbole and angry misunderstandings)

I actually read all 19 pages in one session before posting, and many of you made points far better than I could. About wanting to keep our guilds, but wanting to play. About how the metrics (whatever they are looking at) don't match our experiences.

My heart goes out to anyone who has characters on all three and might lose important things if they merge CH with the other PVE sservers, but in the end it didn't change my mind. I hope EME changes theirs.

#SaveCH
  • Christin wrote: »

I don't run many dungeons when I play not because there aren't people to play with, but because I find most of them a massive slog. Many other people have concurred that it's simply not worth it half the time thanks in part to wacky reward scaling. Having more people to play the same BS dungeons isn't suddenly going to make me want to run those same BS dungeons.

Then you are not different than someone who login just to afk for hours, by eme "data", and your time online contributes to nothing except numbers on what they base something that is not, player activity. If anything it is because of players like you, with that attitude, that CH is damned.

Hang on... are you trying to demonize me for not doing something that I find to be a pain in the a**?

Yes he is, that's how it works around here after all: You do as I want or you're my enemy.

Just back at my post a few pages ago: anyone can play whoever they like, be it AFKing to appreciate the scenario or read the chat bullcrap, adding to that chat bullcrap, appreciating Elin panties silently or spamming the end game dungeons. And it really should be properly metered what are the faulty areas in each server, what is driving people to do less of each content and what content to invest more into. But we all know how some people think there is only one right way to play you see, and anyone that deviates from this, again, is an enemy that should be weeded out and is ruining the community.
    The ones deciding how others should or should not play definitely are doing a great job at making a better community no?

You are dumb, it was because others that have come to comment wanting to keep CH excluded did with other reasonable motives, he was just being a [filtered] "And on that note, I'm out this b*tch." being entitled that only his situtation as roleplayer and extreme-to-the-bone-casual is to be prioritized. By all means someone like SageWindu doesn't even need to be online in a MMORPG to do what he wants to do.

For starters, the part you quoted, I basically said "I don't run many dungeons these days; they're not worth the hassle. Having more people isn't going to suddenly eliminate that hassle and make me run those dungeons. So I do other stuff instead." And you tried to demonize me for not doing something I DON'T LIKE and for, apparently, not playing the game the way YOU play it, saying that I was no different than AFKers.

Now, I could fire back with some very choice words, but I won't because that will do neither of us any good. But I will say that I was against all merges and always have been, because - and I'm going to put this as simply as I can - if the other problems were fixed instead, people would not have left in the first place. Find the source of the problem and fix that and we wouldn't even be having this conversation because we wouldn't need it.

In the future, you may want to make sure you know what people are saying before trying to call them out on it.

It's not their fault. They are just used to getting their way, so it's just second nature for them to try and control everyone they can. There are even idiots out there saying people should be forced onto CH to make up for the fact they won't be merged. Like really?

No doubt once the merge is finished, and they still can't magically fill dungeon runs as fast as they demand, we'll see countless posts from them demanding that everyone play dungeons. It's just never ending with those people. They say we're entitled as they all act like crazed dictators.
    Seriously, you guys whine like babies that EME doesn't respond, but every time they do, you just whine more. Sean told you what the deal was. I guess you guys are too used to getting your way or something. I guess having temper tantrums worked to get the server merges in the first place, so you must be thinking more tantrums will get you CH merged to. Who knows. EME does seem to act like the parents of troubled children, so yeah, maybe the tantrums will work.

Ironically you were the one doing the whining on the forums before you quit, I don't understand the hypocrisy. It's clear at this point that you're saying these things just to provoke people without any intelligent input on the whole situation.

Most people here are not even throwing temper tantrums, they're writing thought out and heartfelt posts while you're storming in like an angry witch insulting them.

Both you and I know how the eme team is, you siding with them now just to spite people is pathetic.

You don't have anything intelligent to add to this matter nor do you play this game anymore so I kindly ask you to stop trolling and go back to being an angry mother or whatever.

To stay on-topic I'm bringing back another Sean's zinger, back in march, what a classic

All I got from that was: "Whine cry, whine cry, EME lies, go away." No, not much intelligence there.

You're having a tantrum when there are plenty of options and the server might get merged anyway. I also love how you people always think you're way or the highway. You've completely ignored the posts of the people happy that CH isn't merging. The fact that you're a bunch of spoiled brats, doesn't ring untrue just because you don't like the truth.

Obviously, there was a reason they didn't plan on merging CH. You're assumption that Sean is completely lying is pretty pathetic given that if CH were really dead, I highly doubt EME would have left that server alone. So stop trying to be an arrogant [filtered] (Equitas wannabe) and grow up son.

Keep up the good work.

Your comebacks are total trash. You should really get out more. Unlike you, my children have a grasp of reality. They aren't preaching to force people onto CH just to demand a certain number of players on all servers. Yeah, force people onto a roleplay server. You're absolutely brilliant!

And why keep people trapped on RP server? Because of 10-20 people who didn't host role play event on server for like 2 years? It would actually make more sense to merge CH with other PVE servers and ten create new RP server and offer free transfers to those who want to play on RP server.

As someone mentioned above, most of us ended up in CH because it was first on the list for a long time and it also had tag RECOMMENDED.
  • Probably one of the few that is on some level actually glad CH is left as is.
    With free transfers I'll rescue few long forgotten alts from AV (my starting server) to CH.

But on other hand, what geme is EME playing ... new server names are so far out ...free transfers to any and all servers ?? I want some of that stuff you guys at EME are constantly smoking
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Bartholomeus said:
    > Probably one of the few that is on some level actually glad CH is left as is.
    > With free transfers I'll rescue few long forgotten alts from AV (my starting server) to CH.
    >
    > But on other hand, what geme is EME playing ... new server names are so far out ...free transfers to any and all servers ?? I want some of that stuff you guys at EME are constantly smoking

I don’t think a few alts will make CH restored to how it was unfortunately.
  • I know, was just my 2cents.
    I'm also certain, that any and all suggestions here won't change a thing ... sadly EME became a master in art of driving people from Tera, with bad decisions and/or silence for years now.

My favorite game is on a fast lane into the drain ... :'(

• I think that the best solution (if technically possible), for celestial hill to add to the fusion of pve servers would be to add an extra channel called "Roleplay" to all the maps on the final server.
  • Role play LOL
  • Christin wrote: »

Keep up the good work.

And why keep people trapped on RP server? Because of 10-20 people who didn't host role play event on server for like 2 years? It would actually make more sense to merge CH with other PVE servers and ten create new RP server and offer free transfers to those who want to play on RP server.

As someone mentioned above, most of us ended up in CH because it was first on the list for a long time and it also had tag RECOMMENDED.

If Roleplay was an ever present thing and the main interest in the server I think many players would have jumped ship to another server for PVE, but RP hasn't been a serious happening in the server for years, so for many, many being most of the server population, CH is just another PVE server, perhaps a more casual one, but not a legit RP server. As for the (Recommended) tag in the server selection, that only applies to server of low population and it's something I've seen in other MMORPGs, new players get baited by that into a barren server. There was a time when CH had the (High) tag, though.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLNCL5K5TX wrote: »
    I think that the best solution (if technically possible), for celestial hill to add to the fusion of pve servers would be to add an extra channel called "Roleplay" to all the maps on the final server.

Indeed, also, like me and some other players suggested some time ago for open world PVP channels too. Being such that you can switch out of them (and making it in a way you can't fall into them from over population on the RP/PVE channels), even low level and full ganking could be allowed on such a system without problems (tired of getting ganked? Switch channels and can't be anymore).
    That would really be the best solution of all in my opinion, and killing off the stupid character count limitations, banks and such server limited stuff, you could even go the megaserver model, and by killing those limitations as I said before, I would definitely be heavily in favor of a megaserver model, just divided by channels you can swap to and from. Never again merges would be a thing. Obviously, it's sadly a coding matter, so a BHS matter, so screw we all, middle finger up the sphincter as always.

TERA forums: the cemetery of great ideas to improving a game with great potential.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have a list of what items will prevent transfer? I only found one written by Tonka. O.o
  • When you want to RP on Tera but theres no one around? You can only RP with yourself...