[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Name the new PVP server!

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mercival wrote: »
    Yeah eme don't know how to not make people angry look I'm gonna start out by saying just a suggestion if you honestly give people option to keep thing that they want vs something new it will make them happy at least even if its not picked. The Valk naming was a prime example it was a choice that I liked the de facto k tera translation Lunar Dancer Valk and some third name you guys gave us as an option. Valk won but the fact that Lunar Dancer and Valk were close and you gave us a chance to give it that name that we got use to was awesome so wasn't even mad about it. Just give us the option is all we are asking for.

That was a bad example. The fan translation that people were going with was Lunar Dancer, and a lot of people liked it. The poll options they gave were Valkyrie vs Moon Dancer and other irrelevant names. Had they actually polled what the community wanted, we would have had Lunar Dancer instead.

What some players wanted not what the comunity wanted. You and your friends =/= the comunity.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Why change it from what it was before? Wasn't Kaia and Velik some of the options?

Probably because it didn't fit the usual naming convention that we've used before. Add the fact that they probably won't change Celestial Hills so a server list of two gods + 1 place looks awkward.

Which is why CH needs to get merged too and not be left in the dust. It will be as dead as its ever been, no one will be able to do content there, if CH is merged too, then we wouldn't have this problem.
  • Mercival wrote: »
    Also Oic I have a feeling they gonna go the same way with this one and just not honestly care about our opinion. I r sad :_;

Because both FF and MT are being combined, it makes sense to give it a new name. You're combining two server communities to make a new one that isn't the same as either of the others on their own. Obviously I know that people have seen MT as the most viable PvP server forever, but giving it a new name is a way of acknowledging that FF players are a part of it now too (just like creating FF was a way of acknowledging that it combined HW, VoT, and LoT). It's a sort of way of preserving the history, like a family tree.
  • So still doesn't mean option shouldn't be on table MT loses FF loses and Arg wins then fair fight. Mt wins FF loses Kia loses fair fight and any combinations.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for why not the old server names: Frankly, because it's just not the old server. It's not MT or TR, it's a sum, AV+TR, and MT+FF. Using the population as a deciding factor for keeping the old name, in my opinion, just makes it seem like the other server of the merge is like an unwanted child, as it's population didn't matter to the point they just shoved them into another server and deleted their own home.
  • Man some people just can't handle change
  • I understand you but again still should be an option added of FF and MT because no matter what you do people will have 3 ways to feel about it not like like it or not care but if it's a straight up vote it would be accepted more imo because people had a choice. FYI I'm originally from Basilisk Crag I can handle change XD also this just my opinion that I'm expressing on the forum asking us what the name should be out of 3 names. I humbly suggested FF and MT be added. Because I have trans 4 of my main characters from MT to FF and I like my time there but went back to MT because of personal pref if MT were to lose to FF would not bother me at all the other name just don't like them and don't see them bringing anything together more.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Kaiator has my vote
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand you but again still should be an option added of FF and MT because no matter what you do people will have 3 ways to feel about it not like like it or not care but if it's a straight up vote it would be accepted more imo because people had a choice. FYI I'm originally from Basilisk Crag I can handle change XD also this just my opinion that I'm expressing on the forum asking us what the name should be out of 3 names. I humbly suggested FF and MT be added. Because I have trans 4 of my main characters from MT to FF and I like my time there but went back to MT because of personal pref if MT were to lose to FF would not bother me at all the other name just don't like them and don't see them bringing anything together more.

I understand entirely the matter of adding the old names as a matter of choice, whoever I do feel like it would be an overwhelming majority voting for MT and TR as-is, simply because that's where the majority of the active population is at right now, and they'll likely then want to keep their home turf safe.

You see, it's kinda like giving a bunch of kids the options to vote for the size of the cake slice everyone gets. Then divide the kids between one and another building for example. The results of who'll get more cake and who gets nothing or like a consolation slice are way too obvious.

And yes, TERA population, forums included, are close enough to kids from the block in my view (And yes, I'm included and the red swing is mine)
  • Lok, Lakan or Manaya for PvP server as options, in my opinion.
  • Velika Outskirts, keeping with naming of an area, multi letter abbreviation and represents the pvp community by name
  • I wish MT was an option....... I don't like any of the other options.....
  • MercivalMercival ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    See options I was just thinking something like Manaya would be awesome name!!! But no we don't get to have input like that. I can concede from the MT FF idea if Manaya was added
  • Mercival wrote: »
    See options I was just thinking something like Manaya would be awesome name!!! But no we don't get to have input like that. I can concede from the MT FF idea if Manaya was added

Manaya would have been perfect oh my gosh. really wish that was an option
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    MoeBunny wrote: »

Manaya would have been perfect oh my gosh. really wish that was an option

Some people didnt want Goddess names for new servers. Even so I like the Shandra Manaya as a server name.