The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

twitch stream in forums

I liked how you had the twitch stream in forums. can you continue to do it this way @colbaltdragon ?

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback!

I'll make sure to update the banner every time we're live so people can tune in! :)
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback!

I'll make sure to update the banner every time we're live so people can tune in! :)

It's against Twitch terms of service to embed your stream like this. Since it's basically viewbotting.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    Ray676 wrote: »
    KitTeaCup wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback!

It's against Twitch terms of service to embed your stream like this. Since it's basically viewbotting.

It's definitely permitted...
    https://dev.twitch.tv/docs/embed/

If it were hidden on every page and played in the background or something, maybe, but you can definitely embed Twitch.

Edit: From their FAQ (emphasis added):
    What is view-botting?
    View-botting is the practice of artificially inflating a live view count, using illegitimate scripts or tools to make the channel appear to have more concurrent viewers than it actually does. It is important to not confuse this with a legitimate rise in concurrent viewership, such as being hosted, the channel being embedded elsewhere, or some other promotional source.

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/2435640
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    I agree having the Twitch stream embedded in the forums is a neat feature, but it would be nice if it could be promptly removed once the stream is over. Right now, it's just a big eyesore at the top of every page.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    TJKat wrote: »
    I agree having the Twitch stream embedded in the forums is a neat feature, but it would be nice if it could be promptly removed once the stream is over. Right now, it's just a big eyesore at the top of every page.

Yeah, definitely agree with this in general. It'd be nice if it could be timed, or at least if you could dismiss the window after you've seen it so it doesn't take up all that space. However, in this one case because of the amount of questions about the server merger, maybe it's okay.