[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Regarding CH exclusion in merge

Comments

• How about the glyph points glitch that happened during transfers? o.o was that adressed? couldn't watch the stream
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Firian wrote: »
    How about the glyph points glitch that happened during transfers? o.o was that adressed? couldn't watch the stream

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28550/regarding-awakened-classes-with-server-merge#latest

Literally on the next page
  • voidy wrote: »
    Checked some old CH lfg discords I used to frequent and sure enough everyone's moving off the server this week. I'd say "feels bad, man" but I don't even play anymore. Later!
    unknown.png

You can join my guild Voidy.
  • So heres what I saw from the stream..they say that u cant go past the character limit and to avoid deletion they can spread it out and transfer some to CH...what for??? if people start transferring alt to ch its gonna change the data and might even show that there are more characters going in than going out... and may I ask if this "data of yours" only counts the active accounts or would u guys include counting the dead acc as well just so u guys can make it look like CH isnt dying.
  • edited September 2018
    TeraNuibe wrote: »
    So heres what I saw from the stream..they say that u cant go past the character limit and to avoid deletion they can spread it out and transfer some to CH...what for??? if people start transferring alt to ch its gonna change the data and might even show that there are more characters going in than going out... and may I ask if this "data of yours" only counts the active accounts or would u guys include counting the dead acc as well just so u guys can make it look like CH isnt dying.

Honestly, because people not having to delete characters that have bound items on them is a more crucial problem. Like, what do you want them to say? "No, don't move your characters to CH because we want it to die so we can justify merging it, so instead just delete all your excess characters and all the stuff that's on them too; tough luck." If people moving characters to CH to save them from deletion means there is enough traffic there to keep it going, so be it. There is no perfect option on the table that has only pros and no cons. (I tried to put forward other options... but they're not on the table.)
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    I already left CH just waiting for the other 8 free character slots and Im officially out.

all in all 8 of my 14 toons are on TR. My last 6 are just waiting for tuesday to hit
  • Put your alts in CH so you'll never get use out of their costumes and bound items again. SeemsGoodMan

A slightly better alternative to deleting if I say so myself
  • Berogi wrote: »
    Put your alts in CH so you'll never get use out of their costumes and bound items again. SeemsGoodMan

They're people who already had characters on multiple servers in order to have this problem in the first place, so having characters still split over multiple servers isn't going to change much for them.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    Berogi wrote: »
    Put your alts in CH so you'll never get use out of their costumes and bound items again. SeemsGoodMan

or put your alts there until they raise character cap due to normal progression or raise it due to pressure needing to close CH and not loose any cash bound gear
  • tisnotme wrote: »

or put your alts there until they raise character cap due to normal progression or raise it due to pressure needing to close CH and not loose any cash bound gear

i don't know why eme/bhs cant just raise the max character limits in all the servers that are going to made from the other ones, then there wouldn't be a problem. there probably wouldn't be any fuss at all about ch merging into the others from anyone if they were willing to do that.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »

i don't know why eme/bhs cant just raise the max character limits in all the servers that are going to made from the other ones, then there wouldn't be a problem. there probably wouldn't be any fuss at all about ch merging into the others from anyone if they were willing to do that.

The only solution for this is not characters limit per server but a character limit per account. This mess repeats for third time and EME dont give feedback to BHS about that and ignores us again.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

The only solution for this is not characters limit per server but a character limit per account. This mess repeats for third time and EME dont give feedback to BHS about that and ignores us again.

Like FFXIV does, there is a max of characters per account and per world.
  • edited September 2018

Yep, that was what I suggested as well. You would also have to increase the number of temporary bank and wardrobe slots too -- if merging 3 servers, up to 16 temp bank and up to 8 temp wardrobe. But apparently, these are things that they are either unable or unwilling to change, and it's just "that's how the system works."
  • Not their first rodeo LOL They merged 3 servers last time no problem they could of did it this time.