[TERA PC] With anniversary concluded and our servers stabilized, we are re-enabling the Adventure Coin system, starting 10 a.m. PT on June 5 (Fri) with the scheduled Weekend Dungeon Highlight. Thank you for understanding.
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

DON'T COUNT PLAYTIME FROM THIS MONTH (THE MERGE)

i wrote about this in the twitch chat when the Q&A, i don't think that is fair to give the name to the person with "most play time" because you can just leave online the character all the time that you can while going to work or whatever in the background and 17 days = more than 400 hours thats like playing 1 hour every single day for almost a year in just 17 days, i'm sure that there aren't a lot of people doing this, but is not fair if you can abuse it, thats why i'm asking for the removal of play time from this month in the equation, or make it whoever picks the name first, but i don't agree with something that can be abused

Comments

• The thing is, the "name contest" is tricky in more than a way. By accumulated game time there are people who could have been gaining play time just by afk ever since the merge was announced, provided it is just 17 days total but can still make a difference for characters below 100 days played, or if you do it for whoever made the character first, there are many players who have made character several years ago and have kept logging on them now and then to secure the names so name wipes don't work for them. So maybe doing it by: playtime on that character, the level and date of creation maybe that would be more "fair" but may be too complicated for the staff to filter by more than one condition.
  • 6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    The thing is, the "name contest" is tricky in more than a way. By accumulated game time there are people who could have been gaining play time just by afk ever since the merge was announced, provided it is just 17 days total but can still make a difference for characters below 100 days played, or if you do it for whoever made the character first, there are many players who have made character several years ago and have kept logging on them now and then to secure the names so name wipes don't work for them. So maybe doing it by: playtime on that character, the level and date of creation maybe that would be more "fair" but may be too complicated for the staff to filter by more than one condition.

i mean, if they want to do it they could, heck i can write the code for that, but i don't have access to the code that they use, ii think this is the easiest way that they thought, but not the optimal way for the players
  • Unless you have a name that is mostly likely going to be contested like ichigo, Naruto, sasuke sepiroth, cloud, any recognizable person in game, anime or show. Don’t think people are gonna go for those the names. So my ign EmEdoesntcare is mostly likely safe.
  • Unless you have a name that is mostly likely going to be contested like ichigo, Naruto, sasuke sepiroth, cloud, any recognizable person in game, anime or show. Don’t think people are gonna go for those the names. So my ign EmEdoesntcare is mostly likely safe.

yeah is not much about my names but about the way they are doing it
  • 17 days isnt really that much..
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Even if you were to stay online a specific name, there is no guarantee that they still wont have more play time regardless
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not the end of the world if you don’t keep your names... just think of a different one. My alts have their names taken and the characters aren’t even being used. I’m not complaining on the forums about it. It’s not fair to people who actually do play extended amounts of time.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    It’s not the end of the world if you don’t keep your names... just think of a different one. My alts have their names taken and the characters aren’t even being used. I’m not complaining on the forums about it. It’s not fair to people who actually do play extended amounts of time.

yeah i don't think i'm going to lose my names, i just dont agree the way they aproach it
    > @AmakusaKun said:
    > LancerJiva wrote: »
    >
    > It’s not the end of the world if you don’t keep your names... just think of a different one. My alts have their names taken and the characters aren’t even being used. I’m not complaining on the forums about it. It’s not fair to people who actually do play extended amounts of time.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > yeah i don't think i'm going to lose my names, i just dont agree the way they aproach it

Personally I do agree with you and they should pick who picked and created the character first, but that can just mean someone can make a character with a name and never use that character again it would be level 1, the only way you would then be able to claim that name is a name release event.
  • if its a lvl 1 character lvl 1 then its not gonna keep the name since its the total playtime for the character not the date when it was created.
    TeraNuibe wrote: »
    if its a lvl 1 character lvl 1 then its not gonna keep the name since its the total playtime for the character not the date when it was created.

I'm going by what his example was. I'm well aware of the playtime thing. I was here when they did the first name release back in 2015.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »

A fair comparison between people who actually did play the game I agree, one will get shafted but well, though luck. A non-played alt or a player that long left the game losing the name to a current playing one, that too, is very fair in my view.
    The real issue is for name hoarders only, that would just multi-client log to AFK days and days on it, and snatch the name from proper players. In this view, I kind of agree that the play time since the name situation announcement till the actual name conflict solving shouldn't count, but that too won't change horribly. As said in another topic, the hoarders could have just assumed the same rules for console merge, and done the same since the "The servers are getting merged, details coming Soon".

In my case there's only one name at the mercy of play time or possible name wipe, I could luck out, hopefully I do.
  • Like I mentioned it before, they should sort by 3 characteristics: date of character creation with that name (so recent name changes don't count) total time played of the character and the level reached. Some of us have characters we created several years ago maybe in a leveling event but that we don't play as often because aren't our main character/role, but at the same time aren't dump alts that we don't bother gearing.
  • 6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    Like I mentioned it before, they should sort by 3 characteristics: date of character creation with that name (so recent name changes don't count) total time played of the character and the level reached. Some of us have characters we created several years ago maybe in a leveling event but that we don't play as often because aren't our main character/role, but at the same time aren't dump alts that we don't bother gearing.

i don't have a problem losing my name agaisn't someone that had the same, but i have a big problem with someone that is collecting good names just for the sake of it and doesn't even play with those. Again, i don't think i'm going to lose any of my names, and i agree it should be more complex the way it's selected who keeps what name