EU TERA gets talent system

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Wait....
    So they grind talents per account? (i.e: they can use talents points/whatever on every toon on the same acc?)
    Wow, if that's true then it's the FIRST damm good thing they're doing on Tera since ages...
    Talents have already been by-server and haven't changed, so I don't see why it would change again when it rolls out to other regions.

But it is important to note that it's by-server, and not by account, so if you server transfer that character's talent pool will be reset to the level on the new (destination) server. So as people are considering their free server transfers in this period, it's something to keep in mind. With this system in place, people will be much better off having all their characters on one server rather than spreading them out over multiple.

DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    It's more that EU has been on fire showcasing how well they are communicating and even visiting with Bluehole to discuess how to make the game... Better. Bluehole. The developers that Gameforge is working closely with Bluehole. Like that has been a dream for many publishers.

At the very least, they're winning the PR war. Basically, ever since EME announced they were doing TERA Console in EU (and not Gameforge), Gameforge really became super aggressive about courting core PC players and trying to "win them back" from NA. I personally don't think it's a coincidence. (Of course, back in the day when Steam launch happened, EME sent its own little salvo at Gameforge when they forced them to shut out EU from TERA on Steam, so this sort of war has been going on for a long time behind the scenes. But it's kind of a passive-aggressive war because of politics; technically Gameforge is BHS's partner, and EME is BHS's sister company, so there'll be no upfront/outright aggression. Just insinuation... like this news post implying that talents are coming because of anything Gameforge did, whether it has anything to do with that or not. It's a coded message.)
  • The way eme is doing things, they might as well give us less talents at the start and somehow shekel their way into the progress of getting higher tier talents.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    EU is actually getting good. Its just a shame they are region blocked.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    technically Gameforge is BHS's partner, and EME is BHS's sister company

This might be a little nit-picky, but you were wanting to be "technical". EME a subsidiary of BHS, not a sister company. The difference is important. Sister companies would have more or less equal standing, and would interact with each other as two independent companies. A relationship similar to the one between Gameforge and BHS. A subsidiary is at the mercy of their parent company and has to do what they're told. Oversimplified, but accurate enough.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    TJKat wrote: »

This might be a little nit-picky, but you were wanting to be "technical". EME a subsidiary of BHS, not a sister company. The difference is important. Sister companies would have more or less equal standing, and would interact with each other as two independent companies. A relationship similar to the one between Gameforge and BHS. A subsidiary is at the mercy of their parent company and has to do what they're told. Oversimplified, but accurate enough.

And this is why we can't have nice things
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9

To go even further down this rabbit hole... they're not a division of the studio part of Bluehole that develops TERA and they're a "sister company" to. It's basically like there's "Bluehole Studio" the software developers, there's "En Masse Entertainment" the NA publisher, (and also something like PUBG Corporation on this level,) and then there's the parent company "Bluehole Inc." that owns/manages it all. So that's what makes them technically "sister companies," although the Korean parent company (Bluehole Inc.) still runs the show. It may be more of a distinction on paper than anything else, but it's probably so they can create deals with other outside software companies without the software division of Bluehole being legally involved (to avoid conflict of interest). Certainly, with a game like TERA it's even more the case that BHS runs the show because it's their game in addition to being published by their "younger sibling," so to speak. In the end, even being on "even standing" doesn't mean much when you share the same owners/investors. In some ways EME's relationship with BHS is much closer than all the other publishers, but in other ways they have less freedom and control. It's full of politics, like everything.
  • Not only they are winning "PR war". They are winning at everything. It's been like that for more than a year. Next week they are bringing Rift's Edge Extreme Mode to their players.
  • VirtualON wrote: »
    Not only they are winning "PR war". They are winning at everything. It's been like that for more than a year. Next week they are bringing Rift's Edge Extreme Mode to their players.

Exactly..

Their words such as "we have passion" and "we do our best to improve the game" are not actually empty words thrown to show like they care anyway but instead they improve the current version ( remember that 100% keen mote on IOD that they had for ages which helps alts or new players so much while we got some silly rewards once per week/month? ) or even add their own custom content ( improved dungeons with improved rewards all with different difficulties ) while at the same time they also try to bring all the goodies from the KR version ( sadly, i believe that we will get talents on NA only because EU started it ). Either way.. at least they do try to improve genuinely regardless of their reason such as PR war or anything and this is definitely a good thing for the players.

I hope that EME will do more about Tera as well on NA and i hope that we will see more good things about it ..

p.s. still sad that we missed the talent system for so much time
  • EME should be ashamed that Gameforge is outperforming them to such a degree.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Except they can't be ashamed since the chip BHS requires all EME employees to have implanted in their brains prevents them from seeing, or even acknowledging the existence of anything Gameforge related.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9
    Except they can't be ashamed since the chip BHS requires all EME employees to have implanted in their brains prevents them from seeing, or even acknowledging the existence of anything Gameforge related.

That would be difficult given they've worked together before, GF just doesn't credit work not done by them other than when it's BHS.
  • Gameforge is not outperforming us - they are ignoring announcement embargo dates that BHS has placed on all publishers - basically LEAKING the info that we are working to globally announce. Undermining us does not mean they know more than us; just that we are respecting the developer's wishes.
  • BreetizmBreetizm ✭✭✭
    Wow! A post from someone who works at EME! And it's on the weekend! I must be dreaming.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭
    edited September 9
    Gameforge is not outperforming us - they are ignoring announcement embargo dates that BHS has placed on all publishers - basically LEAKING the info that we are working to globally announce. Undermining us does not mean they know more than us; just that we are respecting the developer's wishes.

That's interesting news to share. So that means I give even more credit to Gameforge to have the [filtered] to break the rules from corporation to entice their playerbase and give them motivation to continue playing TERA and their game. Bluehole don't like that? Then I'm sure the producers at Gameforge are fighting back saying that game is dying and need to stop holding back.

If information cannot be shared, then perhaps an effort to make a teaser or spoiler of what's to come (where EVERYONE CAN SEE) under one place, then that should be enough to entice the EME TERA playerbase.

Keeping so much information hidden from us is never a good sign. I respect publishers and developers to continue pushing boundaries where I would appreciate their efforts, and then I would put effort into continuing playing as well.

But you know... I think we are all used to looking at Gameforge to keep us informed of what we may get anyways and check their early patch notes (and accurate) so it's not a big deal to people who really wants to know ahead of time.
This discussion has been closed.