Lootboxes discussion

I will get right down into this I believe the lootboxes should have a the system to where if you open like 200 of the same box you should be guaranteed that item, Personally I don’t think you should spend like $100-200 and not get the item you were looking for there should be a cap (not a small one) that guarantees the item you were trying to get I think personally both sides will benefit people won’t be too disheartened to not continue to keep buying since they know it will be guaranteed, and EME can make the number like 200 or 100 or 300 so this way they are still getting money and the game is supported I think they will make more money this way since a lot of people have stopped buying them because of the ridiculousness of spending a lot of money and not getting what they were looking for, this way more people will buy them since they know it will be guaranteed in X amount of boxes, what is you opinion on this, is it a smart or not so smart idea?

Comments

  • M6KPMHHLR3M6KPMHHLR3 ✭✭✭
    edited September 11
    TL:DR -the number width youre using is too large and borderline absurd imo, let me rearrange the idea a little.

    Loot boxes should have an 80 box token system like the nobolese boxes that already exist in the game, tokens should also be allowed to be sold between players.

    I say 80 because that means you spent 120$ usd on a dyeable/sparkly version of a 5-15$ outfit

    The current buy out option is 50-70$ so the token system rounded up should be 50 tokens or 75$ usd in case of the worst possible luck.

    Yes i agree with such a system.
  • I agree with this. I think it is a great idea.
  • or just remove loot boxes and sell items outright. Loot boxes are the only reason i dislike some KMMO.
    games over there are f2p and mainly in netcafe with pay by the hour internet. So loot boxes over there are the norm.

    Look boxes over here (in the states) are not really the norm till 2-3 years ago.
  • M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    The current buy out option is 50-70$ so the token system rounded up should be 50 tokens or 75$ usd in case of the worst possible luck.

    Yes i agree with such a system.

    I agree they are worthless, but opening the same number as the normal cost shouldn't guarantee the item or you would always chose that option, since you might get it sooner, or even multiple times. Perhaps twice the buyout cost as a guarantee, though they are still relatively worthless IMHO.

  • I’m sorry but what? Why would you buy boxes you don’t want to open hence the whole point on you opening that one box of your choice here and the second thing i want to address here is the this will apply to all boxes so I don’t know why you would say that. Third thing is that why is that a problem most people don’t even open boxes anymore because of the low RNG and if you get 2 or more before you get the guaranteed one (which doesn’t happen in most cases and when it does well then good for that lucky person it’s not like it happens everyday to the same person and with this method, of the guaranteed item) the prices of these items will go down because it doesn’t cost the buyers as much as it nearly did to even get one therefore they can sell more and people who are f2p can buy it more easily so I don’t see any negative aspects here, so why would you be disagreeable and on top of it f2p players will be more likely to buy some emp themselves if they really needed and get that specific item that they want without fear of them wasting any money since it will be guaranteed in X amount of opens this means more money for EME and less fustration for players since the item the want
    A. Will be cheaper on the trade broker
    B. People who want that item and spend like $100-$200 don’t get ripped off by not getting anything
    C. More gold being earned by players who are selling these items since they can sell more items (loot box items will be quantative in the market)
    D. It is Less likely people would buy gold for that item or that item outright from a third party website
    E. Everybody wins f2p, loot box openers and EME
  • Shiny95Shiny95 Germany ✭✭
    I believe if u open more then 200 and get nothing send a ticket to the support and you get it
  • Shiny95 wrote: »
    I believe if u open more then 200 and get nothing send a ticket to the support and you get it

    This is an incorrect belief.
  • 54YMFRPJ4G wrote: »
    I will get right down into this I believe the lootboxes should have a the system to where if you open like 200 of the same box you should be guaranteed that item, Personally I don’t think you should spend like $100-200 and not get the item you were looking for there should be a cap (not a small one) that guarantees the item you were trying to get I think personally both sides will benefit people won’t be too disheartened to not continue to keep buying since they know it will be guaranteed, and EME can make the number like 200 or 100 or 300 so this way they are still getting money and the game is supported I think they will make more money this way since a lot of people have stopped buying them because of the ridiculousness of spending a lot of money and not getting what they were looking for, this way more people will buy them since they know it will be guaranteed in X amount of boxes, what is you opinion on this, is it a smart or not so smart idea?

    What you're talking about has been experimented at various times with varying degrees of success. It's not a model that Bluehole currently employs across the board, but we are always considering ways to improve products and the player experience.
  • Tokens do seem to be a useful way to help this system, just like they'd help for BG rewards. Lets us filter out items we no longer need.
Sign In or Register to comment.