[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

CH server merge with TR and AV

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    what's with that dumb "them against us" attitude. we're all playing the same game in the same region and it's not anyone's fault that they didn't pick MT or TR as their starting server. TR isn't even living up to its hype these days so maybe after the merge you guys can finally get 5 good people together to do uppers =)

the merge is going to help the game overall, including TR. It's a bit late but it's better than nothing. All this [filtered] over names is ridiculous.

because we are upset to delete our characters, if happen well it is [filtered] off tera, bhs and enmasse

Then that "them against us" attitude should be targeted to EME for the merge rules, not the players of the dead servers. They had nothing to do with people not joining there, unless they were cancerous trash, which is thankfully always a minority and I could say somewhat constant proportion regardless of server.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    what's with that dumb "them against us" attitude. we're all playing the same game in the same region and it's not anyone's fault that they didn't pick MT or TR as their starting server. TR isn't even living up to its hype these days so maybe after the merge you guys can finally get 5 good people together to do uppers =)

the merge is going to help the game overall, including TR. It's a bit late but it's better than nothing. All this [filtered] over names is ridiculous.

because we are upset to delete our characters, if happen well it is [filtered] off tera, bhs and enmasse

Then that "them against us" attitude should be targeted to EME for the merge rules, not the players of the dead servers. They had nothing to do with people not joining there, unless they were cancerous trash, which is thankfully always a minority and I could say somewhat constant proportion regardless of server.

plz cute elin read all my posts and i dont see in my post where i target players :)
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

plz cute elin read all my posts and i dont see in my post where i target players :)

I know, I see it, I mean more of that special snowflake style crap from OP. I saw your posts and I know you're not on that, just pissed as a general to the whole situation, just the reply itself was somewhat... badly timed I guess.
    At least one thing I win on this: about 30~50K extra gold on my main server from the sum of the other 2...
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me? There is a THIRTY page thread full of people complaining about CH not getting a merge and that literally meaning the server will die. You finally get merged and you're complaining again.
    I'm fully aware that mEme is a really [filtered] company, but sometimes it's really hard to please a bunch of crybabies.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dokibun wrote: »
    Are you kidding me? There is a THIRTY page thread full of people complaining about CH not getting a merge and that literally meaning the server will die. You finally get merged and you're complaining again.
    I'm fully aware that mEme is a really [filtered] company, but sometimes it's really hard to please a bunch of crybabies.

tr complaint to be merged with ch

ch complaint to be not merged with tr ;)
  • Whelp CH has finally got what they want, they're now squeezing themselves in between TR and AV while they are headbutting each other competing for character names and guild names. I guess free transfers wasn't enough albeit the ppl who cared and wanted a bigger player population would have already transfered.

Whats gonna happen next? Is EME going to copy Gameforge and open up a new server a few weeks after? Damn a brand new fresh server with no economy or playerbase established, the existing players will love to to take advantage of all of that, hoard all the names, give the new players a false sense of healthy living population before returning to their own server. I laugh the day EME opens up a new server.

I didn't think 20 character slot for the merging 2 server was too bad, it couldn't get any much worser I thought, jokes on me, damn now a 3rd server and no increase in cap slots. I feel bad for the people having to delete their characters + bonus pity points if said characters has cosmetics + 2x multiplier if they are lootbox only items and/or paid with their own irl cash.
  • we in 2018 and name so important? Players selling names for 800k+ gold you gotta laugh yes it funny for me well I ain't care cause i'm not affected I didn't waste my time making alts on every server to have 40+ chars for a game that won't last for the next 20+ years because technology is getting better and better everyday and soon this unreal engine 3 mess will be behind its time so i will enjoy Tera until it's outdated by the time gonna pop some corn and the enjoy the entertainment this game and the forums offer its second to none.
  • All names are replaceable.

It's just your emotional attachment whispering they're as precious as your breathing now.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    LmaoDylan wrote: »
    Does the server merge rules for names still apply with CH coming in? Like everyone in TR and AV has to compete with CH for names now? I think its unfair for servers that didn't need a merge from the beginning to have to compete with multiple servers for names now.

If anything, they should just get that name wipe done already before the merge, like literally on the same maintenance downtime as the merge, to heavily reduce the chance of name hoarders sniping it and recreating the issue on the spot (tho the play time thing would still kill that off).

they will snipe names anyway, since its mostly the same people and they did it on the first name wipe, so, they'll do it again. better to give people the chance to keep their ign.

as for merging: it is VERY MUCH necessary, game is completely dead in every server. maybe by gathering the playerbase left, it'll be fun again and more people will stick around.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    I just find it horribly sad to see how people that spent so much money on the game are treated.

Why should people that spend money on the game be treated specially LOL
    Besides, kami didn't spend money he's just a broker god and he can easily make new accounts and buy up all the char slots on various servers and use them for his bank mules. None of those chars he has to delete are anything else but storage space.

still sucks having to delete 50 2-4 petted characters, use 150+ bank expansions on alt accounts, and spend 30 hours of my time to store things because of this merge >.>
  • kamizuma wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    I just find it horribly sad to see how people that spent so much money on the game are treated.

Why should people that spend money on the game be treated specially LOL
    Besides, kami didn't spend money he's just a broker god and he can easily make new accounts and buy up all the char slots on various servers and use them for his bank mules. None of those chars he has to delete are anything else but storage space.

still sucks having to delete 50 2-4 petted characters, use 150+ bank expansions on alt accounts, and spend 30 hours of my time to store things because of this merge >.>

play player with ur gold to continue play so no merge won't take place lol.
  • TR not included in merge=complain
    TR getting merge=complain...
  • BBGun wrote: »
    Whelp CH has finally got what they want, they're now squeezing themselves in between TR and AV while they are headbutting each other competing for character names and guild names. I guess free transfers wasn't enough albeit the ppl who cared and wanted a bigger player population would have already transfered.

Whats gonna happen next? Is EME going to copy Gameforge and open up a new server a few weeks after? Damn a brand new fresh server with no economy or playerbase established, the existing players will love to to take advantage of all of that, hoard all the names, give the new players a false sense of healthy living population before returning to their own server. I laugh the day EME opens up a new server.

I didn't think 20 character slot for the merging 2 server was too bad, it couldn't get any much worser I thought, jokes on me, damn now a 3rd server and no increase in cap slots. I feel bad for the people having to delete their characters + bonus pity points if said characters has cosmetics + 2x multiplier if they are lootbox only items and/or paid with their own irl cash.

Who actually has over 40 characters they ACTIVELY play?

The amount of people this affects is pretty damn low compare to the good a server merger will do. Lets not let the few mess it up for the whole freaking population.

As for losing names, I get it sucks. I am pretty sure im going to lose a few names, but so what. We are actually going to have a more lively server with more people to play with. Rather lose my names then be on a dead server. (im on MT which is suppose to be one of the "lively" ones, and that [filtered] is dead)
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

It's pretty obvious that the guy who made this thread is from a lively server and is against people from CH coming in, meaning the people who made the 30 page complaint thread are one group and the people supporting this type of thread are a completely different group entirely.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »

It's pretty obvious that the guy who made this thread is from a lively server and is against people from CH coming in, meaning the people who made the 30 page complaint thread are one group and the people supporting this type of thread are a completely different group entirely.

I literally just had this thought: you know how a major complaint on the other thread was that people felt "tricked" into joining CH because it said "Recommended"? What if that was because the population was low and EME was trying to entice people into playing on it?

(I mean, it didn't seem to work, but still... makes you think...)