[PC] We will be entering into maintenance on 03/25 (Wed) at 8:00 am PST, and will have an estimated downtime of approximately 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Game won't open, doesn't show any error.

Hi, I got this problem out of nowhere and I just wanted to know if I'm the only one.

I was playing as usual until I remembered we could get the char slots about -- let's say -- an hour ago. So I logged out, and wanted to enter the game again.
For some reason the game didn't open at all when I pressed "play", so I thought about restarting the launcher. I did it and nothing. I even restarted the whole pc to see if that was the problem, but everything is still the same... it doesn't show me any error message that can help me and everything seems to be working alright, except it doesn't do anything at all when I try to open the game.

Am I the only one with this weird problem? sorry for my crappy English, this language is weird as hell lol

Comments

• I've seen a few people with comments like that in Discord at the moment. I assume it's some sort of issue with the patch servers or with routing that's causing some people to have this issue. If you have a VPN available, you might be able to try that and see if it changes anything for you.
  • At least I'm not the only one...
    I'm sorry to be this dumb but what is a VPN?
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Also having this problem. Several restarts and I can't get the game to come up.
  • Shistar wrote: »
    At least I'm not the only one...

VPN is a tunnel to another server on the Internet, and you can use that tunnel to direct your Internet traffic. If you think of the Internet like a network of roads, and imagine one of the roads between you and your destination is blocked, a VPN allows you to reroute around the block. There are a number of gaming-centric VPN; one of the most famous is Mudfish. They tend to charge a small amount for the service.

Anyway, I'm not saying you should have to use one, but it's a way to workaround connectivity issues in some cases as they happen.
  • Shistar wrote: »
    At least I'm not the only one...

VPN is a tunnel to another server on the Internet, and you can use that tunnel to direct your Internet traffic. If you think of the Internet like a network of roads, and imagine one of the roads between you and your destination is blocked, a VPN allows you to reroute around the block. There are a number of gaming-centric VPN; one of the most famous is Mudfish. They tend to charge a small amount for the service.

Anyway, I'm not saying you should have to use one, but it's a way to workaround connectivity issues in some cases as they happen.

I see, thank you.
    If after waiting for a bit I still have this problem I guess I'll consider it. Thanks for your kindness
  • I'm getting a similar issue too and pretty much for the same reason.
    Had not touched Tera in a couple of weeks but I would have liked to get the slots, tried to start the game and....nope.
    I do actually get a very generic error message if I do not start Tera as admin while if I do try to run it as admin I get the same issue as described by OP. I use no VPNs either....I actually have no idea of what may be causing this issue. It's pretty weird.
  • Elyann wrote: »
    I'm getting a similar issue too and pretty much for the same reason.
    Had not touched Tera in a couple of weeks but I would have liked to get the slots, tried to start the game and....nope.
    I do actually get a very generic error message if I do not start Tera as admin while if I do try to run it as admin I get the same issue as described by OP. I use no VPNs either....I actually have no idea of what may be causing this issue. It's pretty weird.

I'll try to ask more people to see if there's a solution or anything helpful ^^U
    Someone told me to play without Steam if that helps anybody, even tho I don't even have Steam lmao
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    as usual, EME messed up patch day and some people got a garbled version of the patch early - hopefully this time it didn't break your entire install. Do a repair and hope that fixes it, if not you'll probably have to delete the version file (there's a mEME support thing about it) and let your entire client validate - this will likely take between 5 minutes and 2 hours depending how fast your hard drive and cpu are.

edit: make sure to end process on TERA and TL.exe or restart your computer if you don't know how to do that before repairing/re-validating
  • as usual, EME messed up patch day and some people got a garbled version of the patch early - hopefully this time it didn't break your entire install. Do a repair and hope that fixes it, if not you'll probably have to delete the version file (there's a mEME support thing about it) and let your entire client validate - this will likely take between 5 minutes and 2 hours depending how fast your hard drive and cpu are.

I see, EME never fails to dissapoint me.
    I already did a repair and everything is still the same, so I guess I'll have to do what you wrote.
    Also,
    edit: make sure to end process on TERA and TL.exe or restart your computer if you don't know how to do that before repairing/re-validating

How do I know that I ended process on both without having to restart my computer?
    I mean I'll restart it but I want to know anyways lol
  • Control alt delete open task manger
  • KXRC9JMW74 wrote: »
    Control alt delete open task manger

Thank you!
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Still having this issue even after patch. Can only access through VPN. please fix your game
  • Dokibun wrote: »
    Still having this issue even after patch. Can only access through VPN. please fix your game

I'm doing what KillerPenguins wrote. I hope it will fix the problem or I'll have to contact support...
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    Shistar wrote: »
    Dokibun wrote: »

I'm doing what KillerPenguins wrote. I hope it will fix the problem or I'll have to contact support...

I don't know what re-validate means.
  • Dokibun wrote: »
    Shistar wrote: »
    Dokibun wrote: »

I don't know what re-validate means.

The repair from the Tools section of the launcher. That being said, if it's working for you with VPN, you have some sort of routing problem and it's a different issue not the game itself.