Why did the Gold for dungeons change? 300 for KC, SF AND RG? what?!

I was surprised to see the normal gold rewards for KC, SF and RG have been cut in half? Why is that? Plus I thought there was an increased gold event right now?! what happened? I didn't see this in the announcements

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now they match better the reward for the "dificulty" of the dungeon.

Now lets wait for those crying that 4 and 5 star dungeons were not profitable to come here saying they are still not profitable even if they get more than 10 times the gold that a low tier dungeon gives.
  • ugh, I was running those dungeons for the silver talents... which is what, 1 or 2 each time? and then using the gold to buy them on the tradebroker because they were so expensive. If you need silver plates for higher gear, they should at least balance the silver talents out... or give them in higher dungeons.
  • Looks like you gotta run content that is appropriate for your gear level! Sorry to take away your gold farming in beginner dungeons!
  • Item XP was changed as well. 412 and 431 saw the nerf stick. Everything higher was increased.

Item XP: 50
    Vanguard Gold: 200

Item XP: 150
    Vanguard Gold: 500

Item XP: 400
    Vanguard Gold: 1,500

Item XP: 750
    Vanguard Gold: 2,200

Item XP: 1,375
    Vanguard Gold: 3,500

439 and above is also supposed to have higher gem drop rates, in addition to the gold and item xp changes, according to the translated K-Tera patch notes for this.

The current event with the increased gold rewards is making me wonder though how +50% ends up being +50.1%
    jrtseven wrote: »
    Looks like you gotta run content that is appropriate for your gear level! Sorry to take away your gold farming in beginner dungeons!

*shrugs* I always saw it as more of a reason to get people to run the queues on dungeons for any new people, so that it's not just more of the same waiting forever to get a group for things because nobody does leveling content, but attracting or retaining new people isn't something that seems to matter any longer.
  • It's mentioned here. Dunno why they failed to include in their post but honestly, there aren't any expectations for them to do a complete job.
  • So this also means 431 were nerfed cause people avoid them for spend time. Hope they add at least 431 channelworks cause queque times for any beyond 431 is impossible
  • Problem is people do not have the patience to help new and returning players learn the harder dungeons starting at 439 and up. That leaves people like me, [filtered] in the [filtered].
  • Guess now dailies will be lilith kc 2 and guardian legion. rip ravenous george sf and friends. Rest in peace
  • Maddhawk wrote: »
    Problem is people do not have the patience to help new and returning players learn the harder dungeons starting at 439 and up. That leaves people like me, [filtered] in the [filtered].

There is no problem there. It's your own responsibility to know the dungeon when you enter it. Since there is a plethora of dungeon guides with a quick google search or youtube search.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    Reading/watching a guide should not be a requirement to do a dungeon.
  • TJKat wrote: »
    Reading/watching a guide should not be a requirement to do a dungeon.

It shouldn't, indeed, after all, players in Ktera enter dungeons without any sort of guide on day 1 whenever a dungeon is released. I'd say it's a design problem:

1.- Most boss fights on 439+ dungeons are rather monotonous and plagued with things that can ruin your run very easily (recycled monsters with lots of 1-shot/wipe mechanics. God, I hated Broken Prison and VS).

2.- Difficulty scales up quite drastically from low tier to mid tier dungeons if you're new to the game.

3.- Tera is quite grindy and even with elite you have a limited amount of dungeon runs and since you also need to farm other things than dungeons if you want to make the grind less boring and long, you want to make those runs count.

The result is people who mostly run dungeons to farm rather than just for entertainment and wanna end with that task as fast as they can, thus, any party member who could mess up your run is kicked and replaced without hessitation. The alternatives are trying to gather your own group of people to enter dungeons of resort to IMS, with the risk of getting kicked as soon as the others realize you're dragging the group down (to be fair, most groups in IMS should also be aware that using the matching system is like tossing a coin, they an end in a great party or in a trap run).
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddhawk wrote: »
    Problem is people do not have the patience to help new and returning players learn the harder dungeons starting at 439 and up. That leaves people like me, [filtered] in the [filtered].

I don't understand. Wouldn't there be more people willing to run those dungeons now that the vanguard rewards are better? More people running = more potential players to teach you the ropes, no?

XYEXYNL75W wrote: »
    ugh, I was running those dungeons for the silver talents... which is what, 1 or 2 each time? and then using the gold to buy them on the tradebroker because they were so expensive. If you need silver plates for higher gear, they should at least balance the silver talents out... or give them in higher dungeons.

This is somewhat problematic though, I agree. Now that the main pve dungeon sources of talents are effectively garbage from a money standpoint, pve players looking to farm talents will pretty much be forced to pvp (if they haven't started doing this already) or grind IoD, since both of those provide more talents and more gold for the amount of time spent. This problem could be solved by simply adding talents into every dungeon, but we've been saying this for nearly a year soooooooo don't hold your breath.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I agree with this statement 100% cause I barely ever ran 412s/431s due to how boring they were
    Looks like you gotta run content that is appropriate for your gear level! Sorry to take away your gold farming in beginner dungeons!

BUT the fact stands that these low tier dungeons were literally the only source of silver talents from pve on NA (maybe some 431s too? but they were nerfed as well) and now that people will stop running them silver talents will only raise in price while everyone will have much more gold from 439's, 446's and beyond soooo
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    voidy wrote: »
    This is somewhat problematic though, I agree. Now that the main pve dungeon sources of talents are effectively garbage from a money standpoint, pve players looking to farm talents will pretty much be forced to pvp (if they haven't started doing this already) or grind IoD, since both of those provide more talents and more gold for the amount of time spent. This problem could be solved by simply adding talents into every dungeon, but we've been saying this for nearly a year soooooooo don't hold your breath.

Nah...
    Look at my BHS logic!
    I think they should put just one golden talent as a reward after we're done with 16 VG quest and at the same time nerf EVERY golden talent farmed on the game (both on PVE and PVP) to zero!
    Make golden talent unbankable and soulbound to just one char and then release Heroic +6 and ask 500 plates (2000 golden talent) per attempt.
    Look how good it'll be, ppl will play (and the game will last) 2000 days and the developer will expend not a single cent on this "new content"!!1!
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Honestly I agree with this statement 100% cause I barely ever ran 412s/431s due to how boring they were

BUT the fact stands that these low tier dungeons were literally the only source of silver talents from pve on NA (maybe some 431s too? but they were nerfed as well) and now that people will stop running them silver talents will only raise in price while everyone will have much more gold from 439's, 446's and beyond soooo

If you look at the new drop tables you will see that some high tier dungeons drops silver siglos and plates.