Gear xp cap

Why wasn't this in the patch notes.............
And why is there a cap on this?

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, so you can't have excess gear XP anymore?
  • edited September 2018
    correct
    SO what I noticed with a particular piece of gear on a toon.
    It's +0 SC with 58k xp. It's not red.
    But my other pieces have 64k and the xp is red meaning I cannot gain anymore xp on them until I enchant to lower this to a "unknown" amount atm cause we have no idea what the min-max is.
    But I like to save my xp until I have enough for like +7 and then enchant. What this patch did was stop that.
    Meaning that if you reach a point where you cannot enchant for awhile, you're gonna get screwed on xp cause you'll cap...........

f7687fd05437f3f95694b6b7b10b4af8.png
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Because Eme's patch notes are always laughly wrong, missig stuff out cause they were told to not write about it/purposely not write it so we find out about it/insert other excuse here
  • I don't know why they decided to cap exp. I usually run 439+ dungeons on alts like healer/tanks just for fun and don't want to upgrade because I', upgrading my main. Now I gain even less during runs, don't see why this change was necessary it just limits more freedom the players had.
  • BHS' F you to alts. On the plus side, we can start accumulating xp on our HO gear.
  • capping cp is dumb.
    its almost unavoidable to run out of mats to enchant , but you will always be able to run dungeons every day!

this is a messed up change.
  • I think I may be reading it wrong, so if someone can explain it to me better, but are you guys saying that we wont be able to get xp for our alts after we max out xp on our mains?
  • I think I may be reading it wrong, so if someone can explain it to me better, but are you guys saying that we wont be able to get xp for our alts after we max out xp on our mains?

No, basically you can't over xp what the required amount is for each enchantment anymore. It has nothing to do with alts or mains.

I don't even play to gear up anymore. But I logged in today to check out the patch and it had us doing all these junk solo dungeons for the new red quests. And through that I learned that I couldn't gain anymore item xp on my current equipped gear. I really think this should have been communicated to us weeks if not months in advance. To just have a stealth nerf like that seems totally unprofessional.
  • edited September 2018
    I really think this should have been communicated to us weeks if not months in advance. To just have a stealth nerf like that seems totally unprofessional.

You are not wrong. This is something that we discussed here on the forum a few months ago when it was announced in K-TERA (see here and here), but I don't think it's anything any of the other publishers announced in advance. (Perhaps they assume that players in the rest of the world are paying attention to K-TERA so already know these things months in advance?)

In any case, it at least should have been in the patch notes (even the EU notes only mentioned that the cap was shown), and it would have better to mention it beforehand for those not following K-TERA news.

(In this case, it does look like the J-TERA patch notes at least had more details in the patch notes. I guess maybe the reason is because in K-TERA they included most of the details in the Dev Note rather than the patch notes, so other publishers probably weren't specifically sent anything by BHS unless they read all the K-TERA news.)
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    And why is there a cap on this?
    So you can't stack xp anymore staying with old gear, they want you to grind gear exp all over again from scratch each time they release a new bs gear.
    And every new gear gonna need a new "soulbound unbankable" mats so you need to farm only on one char (just like dragon tokens..).
    That's Tera in a glance since late 2017.
    This game is now a pure grind simulator cuz the developer rly think that ppl will expend more time playing a grindier game..
    But we got numbers to back up the fact that it's not working and NA Tera lost half of their Steam playerbase in just 6 months!
    https://steamcharts.com/app/323370
    And i'm prety sure it's the same trend for players that play w/o steam.

Edit: Keep in mind that they released a cash shop exclusive gear exp boost, now it make more sense why they're nerfing the gear exp system...

• CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Because Eme's patch notes are always laughly wrong, missig stuff out cause they were told to not write about it/purposely not write it so we find out about it/insert other excuse here

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

I don't think you have to go so deep as to think they did it purposely. They are just incompetent. They've never been able to do patch notes in a reasonable amount of time and with a reasonable amount of accuracy.
  • > @CassandraTR said:
    > Vinyltails wrote: »
    >
    >
    > I don't think you have to go so deep as to think they did it purposely. They are just incompetent. They've never been able to do patch notes in a reasonable amount of time and with a reasonable amount of accuracy.

And that’s acceptable?
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    And that’s acceptable?

It's absolutely unacceptable. Make the move that we all know needs to be done.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    correct
    SO what I noticed with a particular piece of gear on a toon.
    It's +0 SC with 58k xp. It's not red.
    But my other pieces have 64k and the xp is red meaning I cannot gain anymore xp on them until I enchant to lower this to a "unknown" amount atm cause we have no idea what the min-max is.
    But I like to save my xp until I have enough for like +7 and then enchant. What this patch did was stop that.
    Meaning that if you reach a point where you cannot enchant for awhile, you're gonna get screwed on xp cause you'll cap...........

f7687fd05437f3f95694b6b7b10b4af8.png

Welp, upgrading my priest just got a lot more difficult. Great.
  • heartlessladyheartlesslady ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    This change was never needed at all, it just a change to slow down and inconvenience the player. On my warrior alt on upgrading my FM chest to SC I had an extra 10,502 exp which should of carried over to SC chest. Instead I lost that exp, now counting RK9 runs with 400 exp I lost about 26 runs of exp, 26 fucken runs of exp thats about 13 hours of exp lost. so stupid and of course it comes a week or two after we get exp boost in the store. I'm not buying [filtered].

Compare to Blade and soul if your weapon is dated it can be dismantled into something more relevant. Compared to BnS Tera can never compete because sadly Ncsoft treats their players better. With the release of their new class, if you signed up you got a lvl 50 voucher to upgrade your character.

Compared to TERA we lost 3 hours of play time because they had to extend maintenance for bring back a old dungeon, wtf? The entry level dungeons lost gold from 500 to 300g( but it going to be around 200 because we have a gold event going on). No one gonna spam run these dungeons anymore. Veteran players rather things, the gold made it worth it for players. And because of that newer players are gonna have longer que times. Players lost hours of gear EXP upon upgrading. The last patch metaphoric tokens got nerfed. It seems every patch is designed to slow progression.

And the next patch will introduce a new dungeon that only Heroic oath players can enter.....
    This game clearly lost touch of what the players want and is simply not fun for me anymore.