[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] Server maintenance to deploy the v84.03 hotfix is scheduled for 7~11 p.m. PT on Monday, July 13, 2020. This hotfix should improve upon issues with frequent crashes and blue screens. Patch notes: https://bit.ly/v84_03_patch

During the merge, how can I prevent my character names from being taken?

I'm sure this was explained somewhere but I can't find it. As stated in title.

Best Answer

Answers

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    sacrifice a cute elin :3
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Have higher play time...AKA you should be afking 24/7 rn to add to the playtime. People who care about their names would be doing this unless they feel confident they got alot of playtime

Or make alts on the other servers to see if your name is gonna be contested
  • You can also make a level 1 alt on all servers being merged with your realm with the same name. This ensures your name cannot be sniped.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddhawk wrote: »
    You can also make a level 1 alt on all servers being merged with your realm with the same name. This ensures your name cannot be sniped.

It would only be snipped if anyone who tried to use this name both did it before the merge, AND AFKed/played enough to count for more than the original holder, so it's a tad far-fetched unless for meme names that some idiots are possibly selling and buying
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    You can also make a level 1 alt on all servers being merged with your realm with the same name. This ensures your name cannot be sniped.

It would only be snipped if anyone who tried to use this name both did it before the merge, AND AFKed/played enough to count for more than the original holder, so it's a tad far-fetched unless for meme names that some idiots are possibly selling and buying

Well that would be the crux. If you have a toon and you just haven't invested the time into it . . . well that is on you.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

Well that would be the crux. If you have a toon and you just haven't invested the time into it . . . well that is on you.

Indeed, the only thing that I think should count, is the name wipe being handled exactly during the server merge, so that the inactive names get wiped along, it doesn't feel right to lose your name to an account that has sat there for more than a year gone while you've just entered and happy on the game (like, well, keeping it alive).

The one name I am in chance of losing I would definitely want to keep, but if the other players that have it play more than me, then well, I do agree they deserve it more.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I already know I am going to lose a few names. Makes me sad that names I have had for 6+ years and active account are getting taken by an inactive account that hasn't logged in over 2 years, just because the played more way back when. There really needs to be a name wipe to go with the merge.
    Elinu1 wrote: »
    I already know I am going to lose a few names. Makes me sad that names I have had for 6+ years and active account are getting taken by an inactive account that hasn't logged in over 2 years, just because the played more way back when. There really needs to be a name wipe to go with the merge.

Surely if thry haven't logged in for 2 years, then what the f were you doing in that time to not rack up playtime to past them..unless said person was an active player back then, even doing dailies and a few runs here and there would rack up enough time...
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    because angel is yuki and loli today :3
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    How do you find out how much play time your competitor has? Or is it just wait and see?
    Catservant wrote: »
    How do you find out how much play time your competitor has? Or is it just wait and see?

Wait and see...unless you can ask them when they're on
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Catservant wrote: »

Activate the time setting in the Options, then hover over it once it's on-screen. It'll show things like current ping and time logged in, and other little tidbits like creation date and "age" in days, hours and minutes.

Note that this is per character. If you're looking for overall hours logged I don't know how (or if) you can look that up.

Observation: Oops. I misread the statement. Disregard.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Vinyltails and @SageWindu

I appreciate the responses.