Gear xp cap

2»

Comments

• I think the exp still overcharges, up to the maximum that is NEEDED for that tier. Correct me if I'm wrong though. If that' is the case, then everything should be ok, since your gear essencially lose any item xp from enchanting unless you succeed.
  • On my warrior alt on upgrading my FM chest to SC I had an extra 10,502 exp which should of carried over to SC chest. Instead I lost that exp, now counting RK9 runs with 400 exp I lost about 26 runs of exp, 26 fucken runs of exp thats about 13 hours of exp lost.[filtered].

So you're saying if I have banked enough item xp for three enchantments, as soon as I enchant the first time, the exp for the next two vanishes? OMFG.
  • On my warrior alt on upgrading my FM chest to SC I had an extra 10,502 exp which should of carried over to SC chest. Instead I lost that exp, now counting RK9 runs with 400 exp I lost about 26 runs of exp, 26 fucken runs of exp thats about 13 hours of exp lost.[filtered].

So you're saying if I have banked enough item xp for three enchantments, as soon as I enchant the first time, the exp for the next two vanishes? OMFG.

Its for the entire gear tier not individual enchantments. So you lose any extra exp when you upgrade gear sets like from Frostmetal to Stormcry. Not from enchanting. So you would keep total exp going from FM+1 to +FM +2 but you lose all experence going from FM+9 to SC+0. Why was this ever needed it hurts players wayyyy more than anything. Completely unnecessary.
  • So you're saying if I have banked enough item xp for three enchantments, as soon as I enchant the first time, the exp for the next two vanishes? OMFG.

@Vulcarion was kind enough to make a thread that links to more detailed information. (A google doc with the translation of the KTERA dev note on this, a picture of the xp caps for each individual tier from the doc)
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/28793/item-exp-changes-with-september-13th-update

Link to the google doc from there, if you don't want to click on the thread
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aIY75wnV0wz3ABfpHHHv03_C5UKRjLgc4tqXVyRjH2M/edit
  • This actually encourages me to stop palying with my alts at all exept when i run out of mats and just focus my "mains", but seriously im curious about how this change afected KTera player base. did they welcome this change? or did it hurt the game? and if so How much?, cos i know a lot of peps here on NA that would stop playing if they notice this change XD.
  • edited September 2018
    So I'm back with this :) To further add on to my OP (originial post)
    I just upgraded my FM boots on my gunner

9d6f2ec8c6cd6ed094fc4fa8c8497fce.png

If you notice it has 0 ixp now
    I didn't just enchant this when it had max, it had well over the ixp amount
    All my gear aside from my weapon has the same ixp.

2df1aebc72b843a4e99499e69b85ae39.png
    854aa8894048fb7550603cf84b7ae098.png

So why is it now that I gotta start over? Are you really telling me I just lost 76,404 ixp on my gear just because I upgraded?
    This was not included in the patch notes either. THIS did not happen with any gear on any of the previous patches so why can't the user be informed of 100% of the patch notes when this game is updated?
    I just lost quite bit of time on this game all because you guys made this change without informing the userbase whatsoever....
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭

So why is it now that I gotta start over? Are you really telling me I just lost 76,404 ixp on my gear just because I upgraded?
    This was not included in the patch notes either. THIS did not happen with any gear on any of the previous patches so why can't the user be informed of 100% of the patch notes when this game is updated?
    I just lost quite bit of time on this game all because you guys made this change without informing the userbase whatsoever....

You're going to hate me for saying this, but it happened in KTERA because people were stacking close to 700k ~ 800k exp on accessories, and BHS didn't want everyone to carry the exp over when Ethereal jewellery was released. And yes, it applies to all gear now.

I am not using "it happened on KTERA" as an excuse as to why EME should be let off the hook; it is an explanation as to why BHS decided to do it.

And yes, it is really annoying that players have to self document all the missing information from the patch notes. And it has been progressively getting worse with time.
  • BerogiBerogi ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'll just drop these pics.

Essential mana's Gear Revamp Guide. It shows how much item XP you need in order to +9.
    seFjDYs.png

In another thread Vulcarion posted this image
    XguwEx6.png

It's weird how there's not a static max item xp level for stormcry, but you gotta consider that each new gear tier (e.g. FM > SC) is in essence, a new item. It does suck big time to lose all that progress.. I guess it helps make you do more highs for mats, but still :/
    Should have HO max item XP as stormcry max item XP or something
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    What's frustrating me is that with the high failure rate on accessories, it can cause one piece to fall way behind in progression. For example, I have one earring that I've failed to enchant 8 times in a row now. Thankfully it's only Bellum so it "only" takes 5-8 dungeons to get enough silver talents to enchant it. But that's 5-8 dungeons x 8 failures worth of item XP that all the rest of my accessories have been getting that that one earring has not. And like I said, that's only for Bellum, I can only imagine how much this situation is amplified at higher tiers.

I get putting an XP cap in place to prevent people from stacking so much item XP it becomes completely irrelevant, but if you're capping XP, is it really necessary to reset it on enchant too? It provides no room for failure in an RNG based system. Just set the cap at something like 25% of what you would need for the next enchant with no resetting. That way you keep item XP relevant, but you also don't punish players for a string of bad luck.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »

You're going to hate me for saying this, but it happened in KTERA because people were stacking close to 700k ~ 800k exp on accessories, and BHS didn't want everyone to carry the exp over when Ethereal jewellery was released. And yes, it applies to all gear now.

I am not using "it happened on KTERA" as an excuse as to why EME should be let off the hook; it is an explanation as to why BHS decided to do it.

And yes, it is really annoying that players have to self document all the missing information from the patch notes. And it has been progressively getting worse with time.

What a harsh way to thread the players, item exp dont give that much % chances of success but they remove from the players what they have farmed to make it less heavy the impact on it?

We have to farm the materials anyway and even with full item exp we have to get enought materials for 6-10 tries to get the new tier that is going to come... Ok, Koreans are some kind of masochists, I am even impresed they actually oposed to the talisman system.