The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

The golden talent situation is no longer anywhere near acceptable

With the nerf of golden talent drops from battlegrounds going all the way down to 35 if you're lucky, the new price of talents is currently at 90g on Mount Tyrannas. Golden plates are at nearly 600g.

The gold gained from AAH and SSH are higher, but this is irrelevant to new players who now gain even less gold from their own vanguards and people who don't even have high enough ilvl to get the vanguard rewards. This creates an even bigger discrepancy between people still gearing and people who can consistently clear the hard modes daily with elite + reset scroll.

I don't know what EME was trying to do by not including these changes in the patch notes, maybe you thought people wouldn't notice or something and people wouldn't pressure you? But now it's finally too late, now is absolutely the time to fix this problem. Adopt the solutions that Gameforge has taken up with the dungeon rewards that allow you to buy talents from a shop at an extremely good rate. Hold more events that give talents, period. Don't stop applying these solutions until the price has settled at an actually reasonable price. This is absolutely unacceptable and is the exact reason that your published version of the game isn't doing so hot compared to Gameforge, which is really freaking ironic considering Gameforge could barely compete a year or two ago. All of the EU people are already moving back to Gameforge in droves, soon the NA people will leave too, and all you'll be left with is the people too lazy to switch, not even people who care about you, just people who have sunk too much into your game.

EDIT: I'm going to throw this in here, because I know somebody is going to lock the thread, it's inevitable. Please, pass this message to your higher ups. Your players are suffering, this isn't fun anymore. I've played this game since closed beta, I've played every single patch, and obtained every set of visionmaker even since before they were even calling it VM1, VM2, etc., the game has had a lot of lows in the past, but I've never felt pain this great. The current enchanting system could be great, but you are not properly feeding the economy like Korea built it to be fed. Korea has built drop rates and such around having MANY events because they know it's a great tactic to get players playing constantly. I know you know that the game's population is not doing great, this should be showing you that now more than ever, there needs to be massive changes to your mind set in order to save this game. Please, as a long time player who keeps coming back to this game because I love the combat, the bosses, and the community, don't let us die.

Comments

• AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    35 gold talents.. :(
  • Just putting this out there and this really is a band-aid fix, when they removed the double vanguard item rewards, they had promises of there being potentially 3x vanguard rewards, and that having that on every once in a while would be the balance for taking away permanent 2x rewards. I don't think we've had triple vanguard item rewards in a long time after the initial removal so... I'd say band aid fix and ask for triple item vanguard rewards for a while.
  • Also add silver talent 8 x 431 dugens in a row and only 6 silvers talents is beyond sad.
    Now even reach frosmetal +0 will be impossible
  • I prefer this honestly, it means people need to spam IOD and learn how to play their classes before coming to 439 dungeons and expecting to get carried.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need strongbox events again with 6k talent jackpots like before
  • I highly doubt this issue is going to be addressed. There are threads upon threads of people asking silver/gold talents to do address and those threads either got locked. EME is mostly likely silently hinting at loot boxes. Its a obvious game issue and they have continued to ignore it
  • I think it's another of Bluehole's bad decisions....I actually haven't seen them taking ANY good one in years so far though....feels like they want their game to sink...
  • I am not sure about the drop rate from the boxes from the battlegrounds but the quantity sure looks different AND if we look at the KC/RG/SF sitatuation then this is not really good..

These days it is so hard to enchant that i am thinking twice what to do with my alts that i want to improve and play with...
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer this honestly, it means people need to spam IOD and learn how to play their classes before coming to 439 dungeons and expecting to get carried.

Ehh, I don't think spamming IOD teaches people anything since the low tier mobs (which also give the most talents for some reason) don't have much HP and you don't really have to learn how to play optimally to be successful there. And even if it did provide a good training experience, you're still grinding there once you hit 453, because there aren't any better pve places to get talents. Maybe if late-game dungeons dropped plates, then this would be okay. But they don't, so it sucks.

• LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited September 15
    Funny, so when the game had literally no gold talent supply other than spamming low tier contents for a really low rate or gambling with RNG boxes, ppl were makin threads about the issue and stuff. Now they have finally listened to us then?

"Okeee we got it, stop complaining! Here, we nerfed the Gold talent supply from the RNG boxes, cri more B) "
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer this honestly, it means people need to spam IOD and learn how to play their classes before coming to 439 dungeons and expecting to get carried.

1 - Healers don't heal other people if they have to just DPS a monster, so not learning their class in team play;
    2 - Tankers don't need any positioning for the monster or party buffing, they just solo DPS as they've been doing for the past 64 levels;
    3 - DPS at best, stuns a monster and spams attacks at random at back, or may even DPS on front. The boss is constantly rotating, it could only simulate a crap tank formation and nothing else;
    4 - 0 DPS checks. You can farm any way you want, there's nothing about the efficiency of your rotation taken into account;
    5 - There's 0 special mechanics to learn how to actually dodge or anything. Face tanking is an option given motes and potions.
  • ElinLove wrote: »

1 - Healers don't heal other people if they have to just DPS a monster, so not learning their class in team play;
    2 - Tankers don't need any positioning for the monster or party buffing, they just solo DPS as they've been doing for the past 64 levels;
    3 - DPS at best, stuns a monster and spams attacks at random at back, or may even DPS on front. The boss is constantly rotating, it could only simulate a crap tank formation and nothing else;
    4 - 0 DPS checks. You can farm any way you want, there's nothing about the efficiency of your rotation taken into account;
    5 - There's 0 special mechanics to learn how to actually dodge or anything. Face tanking is an option given motes and potions.

If they're the kind of dpses that are content to just stand in front of a boss and hold their auto attack button for 5 minutes, i don't want them in my party, and it's not likely they'd do much gearing anyway.
    As for healers, yeah it kinda sucks that everything has been nerfed into the ground so hard that a healer will never be needed for open world content, but that's the game we're playing. Healers tend to have a much easier time finding parties for low-tier content anyway, so i'm not sure this is a huge concern