[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Red or Blue Glowing Titles

Hello
I recently saw players that have a red or blue aura-thing in their names, and someone told me it was because of their titles.
I checked my achievements to figure out how to get one of those (I saw "The One Who Stared into the Abyss" and thought it was cool) but when I click them it doesn't do anything. I also googled them but couldn't find any helpful information at all.
How do I get these glowing titles (and if possible, the one I saw?) if I can't check what do I have to do? If anyone has a blue title please tell me what you did to get it.
Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Pretty sure those titles are for being ranked well on the leaderboards.
  • MaddhawkMaddhawk ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    But not trying to sway you or belittle you, but those titles are gotten from people with extreme gear and skills (and script involved too).

Not to mention it adds too much drama especially with Pit where ppl are exploiting timers in this broken mess of a game that takes years to repair only for it to get removed later on just like every leaderboard type of content TERA has brought here. You could be getting 1st place without cheating but ppl will report you anyways so your account is also a big target towards those jealously people. You wouldn't want to deal with that in a video game right?

You can go on options to disable titles to make it much cleaner looking without those bizarre fps glowly titles in the way.

But yeah it's normally bragging rights, but some are not gotten legit either so take it with a grain of salt and not get too involved in trying to get these titles as a newbie. Not worth the headache and drama over it.
    Now this is one HUGE load of horse manure.

I earned Stronghold Champion with red flashy title background during season 2. Placed 3rd for Priest on Tempest Reach. Played about 50 games with a 65% win rate. Gear in CS is equalized to begin with. That said, outside of CS I have +0 Frostmetal and full Daylight jewelry. I was also missing about 2/3 of the newest glyphs, those blue ones. Apex skills are disabled in pvp anyway. So those don't count. Finally, I have zero need to use any kind of cheats.

Just gotta play smart. Where is the action? Who is doing what? Is someone else pwning the enemy team? Go support them so y'all can become a roving death ball to the enemy! Team not so good? maybe only average? Is there something you can do to slow the enemy team down then? Perhaps they left their Graveyard undefended, GO CAP IT!! Make them have to run farther to get back into the fight. The odds will slowly change in favor of your team. Get in a siege vehicle! The damage it doesn't isn't all that great, but it has a HUGE impact factor as in knocking down enemy players.

Finally, ya i have played the game before. I am not exactly new. I did however return from a 3+ year break away. So as of 2 weeks ago I was only in Discovery armor. I still pulled off a good rank in PvP. It really just comes down to attitude and tenacity. Your attitude will never rank in anything. Can't let the negatives drag ya down man. Buck up and be more positive. You can do it.

As to the OP, Blue titles are for ranked PvE Leaderboards and Red titles are for ranked PvP Leaderboards. Top 3 in each category gets a title. #1 gets a special title. Also all people who placed get a token they can turn for those masks you might see some people wearing that give stats. Like mine gives me 2 endurance and 2.4% CD reduction.

Answers

• ShistarShistar ✭✭
    edited September 2018

I see, but what about blue titles? they aren't related to pvp, or at least they don't look like they are (since only red titles say things like "Skyring Champion")
  • Shistar wrote: »

I see, but what about blue titles? they aren't related to pvp, or at least they don't look like they are (since only red titles say things like "Skyring Champion")

the blue ones are for Dreadspire and aahm not sure about aahm but DS for sure
  • Melyodis wrote: »
    Shistar wrote: »

the blue ones are for Dreadspire and aahm not sure about aahm but DS for sure

I see, thank you! ^^
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    But not trying to sway you or belittle you, but those titles are gotten from people with extreme gear and skills (and script involved too).

Not to mention it adds too much drama especially with Pit where ppl are exploiting timers in this broken mess of a game that takes years to repair only for it to get removed later on just like every leaderboard type of content TERA has brought here. You could be getting 1st place without cheating but ppl will report you anyways so your account is also a big target towards those jealously people. You wouldn't want to deal with that in a video game right?

You can go on options to disable titles to make it much cleaner looking without those bizarre fps glowly titles in the way.

But yeah it's normally bragging rights, but some are not gotten legit either so take it with a grain of salt and not get too involved in trying to get these titles as a newbie. Not worth the headache and drama over it.
  • DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »

I see. I just was curious because they looked nice. I'm not interested in getting them anymore ^^
    I actually didn't expect they would make so much drama, but it makes sense. Thanks!
  • Maddhawk wrote: »

I earned Stronghold Champion with red flashy title background during season 2. Placed 3rd for Priest on Tempest Reach. Played about 50 games with a 65% win rate. Gear in CS is equalized to begin with. That said, outside of CS I have +0 Frostmetal and full Daylight jewelry. I was also missing about 2/3 of the newest glyphs, those blue ones. Apex skills are disabled in pvp anyway. So those don't count. Finally, I have zero need to use any kind of cheats.

Just gotta play smart. Where is the action? Who is doing what? Is someone else pwning the enemy team? Go support them so y'all can become a roving death ball to the enemy! Team not so good? maybe only average? Is there something you can do to slow the enemy team down then? Perhaps they left their Graveyard undefended, GO CAP IT!! Make them have to run farther to get back into the fight. The odds will slowly change in favor of your team. Get in a siege vehicle! The damage it doesn't isn't all that great, but it has a HUGE impact factor as in knocking down enemy players.

Finally, ya i have played the game before. I am not exactly new. I did however return from a 3+ year break away. So as of 2 weeks ago I was only in Discovery armor. I still pulled off a good rank in PvP. It really just comes down to attitude and tenacity. Your attitude will never rank in anything. Can't let the negatives drag ya down man. Buck up and be more positive. You can do it.

As to the OP, Blue titles are for ranked PvE Leaderboards and Red titles are for ranked PvP Leaderboards. Top 3 in each category gets a title. #1 gets a special title. Also all people who placed get a token they can turn for those masks you might see some people wearing that give stats. Like mine gives me 2 endurance and 2.4% CD reduction.

That's really cool...
    Given mi situation (I play with +300 ping everyday) I think I can't compete for the titles. And I also lost interest, since I never was a competitive person and I prefer doing my thing alone. I thought it was a super hard achievement, haha. What you said was really nice, but I personally think you both are right. You can always reach the leaderboards if you really want to, but there will always be people that want to slow you down or report your account just because of your position. I've seen these type of people with my own eyes, and not only in TERA.
    I'm glad there's people like you still around.

Also, is there another way to get those masks? they seem interesting
    Thanks, and I wish you the best ^^
  • Maddhawk wrote: »

if read his post correctly you would understand that it's the blue titles he was referring.
  • Your reading comprehension needs work.
    Shistar wrote: »
    Hello
    I recently saw players that have a red or blue aura-thing in their names, and someone told me it was because of their titles.
    I checked my achievements to figure out how to get one of those (I saw "The One Who Stared into the Abyss" and thought it was cool) but when I click them it doesn't do anything. I also googled them but couldn't find any helpful information at all.
    How do I get these glowing titles (and if possible, the one I saw?) if I can't check what do I have to do? If anyone has a blue title please tell me what you did to get it.
    Thanks in advance!
    The blue names are the ones he is most interested in, however as I highlighted above, he took note of both kinds. My response was to the negative nancy talking about the pvp titles.